Metal Storm logo
Hellfest - Line Up Change And Last Tickets...

Original news, posted on 03.06.2010

Once again it hasn't been easy to keep our original line up and we're sorry to announce the cancellation of three bands: 7 SECONDS, NACHTMYSTIUM and EARTH CRISIS.

7 Seconds, by reason of family issues, (see the band's official statement below) will not play in June and will be replaced by the British hardcore punk band Discharge. One legend will be replaced by another one!

Earth Crisis, which was paired on the road with 7 Seconds, will also cancel their tour and will be replaced by the glamorous 69 Chambers. The Swiss will switch their place with Tamtrum and will play on Friday at 11:05 am on the Main Stage 2. Tamtrum will play Saturday at 11:40am while Born From Pain will take the place of Earth Crisis under the Terrorizer Tent.

Finally, Nachtmystium has decided to focus on its U.S. tour and will be replaced by new "industrial-goth" sensation from Switzerland, Sybreed.

!!! WARNING !!!

Only 15 days remain before the beginning of the fest and we're nearly sold out ! 90% of the tickets have been already sold!!! You now know what you have to do if you want to attend Hellfest. Don't waste anymore time. Buy your tickets and we'll see ya in 15 days! -- The Hellfest Team

UPDATED on 05.06.2010

Also, don't forget that two line-up changes happened previously:

Overkill will not play at Hellfest, and they will be replaced by 36 Crazyfists, the famous metalcore American band which already convinced us with an excellent concert in 2006 at the first Hellfest!

Finally, Atheist has taken the decision to cancel their European tour and their performance at Hellfest for some professional reasons as you could read below. Atheist will be replaced by Sadist, the famous Italian Death Thrash Progressive metal masters who will perform at Hellfest for their first time.

Official statement from Atheist: "We are really sorry to everyone, but we regret to inform that we have to pull out of our upcoming shows in Europe to focus and finish our new album. for us to take time out to rehearse, and prepare for those shows, and take time away from our new record, just does not make any sense for the band. We apologize for this because we have never intentionally canceled anything in our career, and we cannot wait to get back over and make it up to you all. We think it makes more sense for us to get in the studio in june as opposed to playing just 4 shows of the same material that you have all seen us play already, especially at hellfest where we had one of our greatest moments as a band. We want to come with our new album and blow minds, so this is the best decision in the process of making this happen. The new material is so exciting and ferocious we cannot wait for the world to hear it. We hope you will understand and we will be back with a new set of tunes to boggle your brain. we are set to enter the studio in the very end of june and into july, so you will be hearing new Atheist as soon as possible."

UPDATED on 12.06.2010

Ratt have been forced to cancel their upcoming European tour dates, as vocalist Stephen Pearcy will be undergoing urgent surgery this week.

And so, it will be the Danish of Pretty Maids who will replace them. Be ready for a good dose of Heavy Rock, saturday 19th of june at 17h15 on the Mainstage 1!

Source: hellfest.fr
Event: Hellfest Open Air 2010
Posted: 12.06.2010 by Jeff

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 290 users
03.06.2010 - 23:40
Deadsoulman

Happy about Discharge. Not so much about the rest. I'd love to see Earth Crisis and Nachtmystium and I don't give a tiny mouse dropping about 69 Chambers and Sybreed. That will give me more time to eat/drink/sleep/slap Marcel.
04.06.2010 - 12:23
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Seems they go the same way as the Wacken announcers with their statements.

"Well, cool band A cancelled, but we replaced them with even c00ler, just as l3g3ndary band B"

I hate qualifying statements like that. Maybe people can make up their own mind once in a while.
Just as I hate the hype about being sold out. Hello organizers, it's actually more pleasant for the attendees of a festival if it's not overcrowded. That might be hard to realize, seeing all the money they take to your event but it could actually lead to happy fans.
----
04.06.2010 - 16:27
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
@Corrupt. Even when Hellfest sells out it is not overcrowded, and that is a good thing.

I agree with you about the "Well, cool band A cancelled, but we replaced them with even c00ler, just as l3g3ndary band B" that is just pathetic. Okay the legendary (that is if you like good proper hardcore) 7 Seconds is replaced by the evn more legendary Discharge. But saying Earth Crisis is being replace by the glamorous 69 Chambers is weird, a totally different style of music. And that also applies to replacing the innovative black of Nachtmystium by the generic industrial goth of Sybreed.

Ah well that leaves easier choices of bands to see for me and will give me more time to eat/drink/sleep/slap Collin.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

04.06.2010 - 16:31
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by corrupt on 04.06.2010 at 12:23

Just as I hate the hype about being sold out. Hello organizers, it's actually more pleasant for the attendees of a festival if it's not overcrowded. That might be hard to realize, seeing all the money they take to your event but it could actually lead to happy fans.

Well moneywise Hellfest sellling out is by far not as much a moneymaking machine as Wacken cause at Hellfest there will only be 20,000 a day then (it could even be 15,000 I am not sure there) and not the over 80,000 a day which attend Wacken.
And seeing the line-up it surprises me that Hellfest will even break even with 20,000 a day.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

04.06.2010 - 17:48
Jeff
Freaky Admin
Is it me or some people here don't even know of what they're talking about?

(just to know, Hellfest lost money last year... and if I hear that it comes from some bad organisation I will kick some asses. Yes Marcel is right with such line up and such amount of people, I can tell you that we're far away to drive a Porsche )
----
Come with us to Hellfest 2011!
05.06.2010 - 17:08
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 04.06.2010 at 16:27

slap Collin.

Good choice of activity
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
12.06.2010 - 14:37
Thryce
Retired Staff
Hmm, pretty serious line-up changes... Ah well, watching a bitch slap fight is equally entertaining, I guess. You go girls! Slap the shit out of each other.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
12.06.2010 - 17:37
AyΣm
Abyssal Zebra
I'll record the slap party

Hits total: 4178 | This month: 3