Metal Storm logo
The easiest guitar song in the world

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 15.08.2006 - 12:56
ok so,what is the easiest guitar song in the world?once i saw in this site,it said "iron man is not the easiest song ever"-that means people consider it extemely easy.i looked at the tab,and wtf? sure,it's not THAT technical,but still,i personally can't do it...
imo the easiest guitar song in the world is nirvana's "come as you are"-the easiest riff i ever heard
09.06.2008 - 16:37
thvnderforge
some of the easiest riffs would have to be smoke on the water, iron man, and reign in blood. i mean come on now why would you not make a more intrcate and techninicla riff to show your guitar skills.
10.06.2008 - 22:15
Varegan
Hamranakara
i tried sad but true by metallica yesterday, its easiest song Iv ever learned to play, drums are also so easy and even a nondrumer can learn it easily.
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
11.06.2008 - 22:55
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Varegan on 10.06.2008 at 22:15

i tried sad but true by metallica yesterday, its easiest song Iv ever learned to play, drums are also so easy and even a nondrumer can learn it easily.

actually the easiest drum songs i've heard are Queen - We Will Rock You, Manowar's Warriors of the World United and almost all of the British Steel album from Judas Priest, with the exception of "Rapid Fire" and maybe "Steeler", "Living After Midnight" is brainless-level easy and "Metal Gods" is, as Scott Travis puts it himself, dead simple on the drums.
31.07.2010 - 21:57
Sangre Sani
Easiest song I've ever heared is definitely Into The Pentagram by Samael. It's so slow and easy that my grandma could play it on a fucking rolling pin.
02.08.2010 - 03:22
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Smells like teen spirit .. lol, what would u expect from nirvana, something technical ?
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
02.08.2010 - 13:16
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Anything by Mortician.

Then Smoke On The Water. lol
02.08.2010 - 13:34
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Angelic Storm on 02.08.2010 at 13:16

Anything by Mortician.

Then Smoke On The Water. lol

It sure is cool to bash Mortician, huh?

Not really, they are terrible and their songs are really easy, but you have to take into account that due to the famous microsongs present in grindcore (and the fact that the genre doesn't require much skill in general), lots of grindcore tabs are easy (that includes the first two Napalm Death albums, including plenty of other songs after that which are more death metal than grind, relatively easy, only a bit tricky if you're a novice).
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
02.08.2010 - 13:53
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by vezzy on 02.08.2010 at 13:34

Not really, they are terrible and their songs are really easy, but you have to take into account that due to the famous microsongs present in grindcore (and the fact that the genre doesn't require much skill in general), lots of grindcore tabs are easy (that includes the first two Napalm Death albums, including plenty of other songs after that which are more death metal than grind, relatively easy, only a bit tricky if you're a novice).

You just cant help yourself, can you? lol

Mortician use the same one or two chords in all their songs, so a total beginner could probably play their songs without much effort at all. Thats not bashing, merely stating a fact. It is true that the genre doesnt require a lot of skill. Mortician are just an extreme example of how simple the riffing in the genre can be. Obviously not all grind/brutal death is as mindnumbimgly simplistic as Mortician, there are some skilled musicians and bands in the genre. But overall, it probably is the easiest genre of metal to play technically.

Mortician is just an extreme example. Learning a Sex Pistols song requires more skill!
02.08.2010 - 13:59
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Angelic Storm on 02.08.2010 at 13:53

Written by vezzy on 02.08.2010 at 13:34

You just cant help yourself, can you? lol

Mortician use the same one or two chords in all their songs, so a total beginner could probably play their songs without much effort at all. Thats not bashing, merely stating a fact. It is true that the genre doesnt require a lot of skill. Mortician are just an extreme example of how simple the riffing in the genre can be. Obviously not all grind/brutal death is as mindnumbimgly simplistic as Mortician, there are some skilled musicians and bands in the genre. But overall, it probably is the easiest genre of metal to play technically.

Mortician is just an extreme example. Learning a Sex Pistols song requires more skill!

I know, I was joking. Their music is extremely simplistic. Also lol @ the Sex Pistols comment. How true. XD
Pretty much any bored teenager with an electric guitar can start his own grindcore band, with even more technicality than Mortician at that!...
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
02.08.2010 - 19:35
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
"Smells like teen spirit"
written by: Kurt Cobain (Boom Headshot !)

Main riff:

e|---------------------|----------------------|---------------------|---------------------|
B|---------------------|----------------------|---------------------|---------------------|
G|----------------3-3-|-0---------------6-6-|----------------3-3-|-0--------------6-6-|
D|-3--3-3-xxxx-3-3-|-06--6-6-xxxx-6-6-|-3--3-3-xxxx-3-3-|-06--6-6-xxxx-6-6-|
A|-3--3-3-xxxx-1-1-|-06--6-6-xxxx-4-4-|-3--3-3-xxxx-1-1-|-06--6-6-xxxx-4-4-|
E|-1--1-1-xxxx------|--4--4-4-xxxx------|-1--1-1-xxxx------|--4--4-4-xxxx------|

The "non-riff" played while singing

e|---------1-------|-----------------|---------1-------|-----------------|
B|--------1--------|-----------------|--------1--------|-----------------|
G|-----------------|-----------------|-----------------|-----------------|
D|-----------------|-----------------|-----------------|-----------------|
A|-----------------|-----------------|-----------------|-----------------|
E|-----------------|-----------------|-----------------|-----------------|

The easy-ass solo that a beginner could play blindfolded:

e|----------------|-----------------|---------------|---------------|
B|----------------|-----------------|---------------|---------------|
G|-----8h10-----|-8-8^----6--5--|-6--5---------|---------------|
D|-10---------6--|-----------------|-------8-6-8-|-8^----6--5--|
A|----------------|-----------------|---------------|---------------|
E|----------------|-----------------|---------------|---------------|

Two times (x2)

e|---------------|---------------|---------------|---------------|
B|---------------|---------------|---------------|---------------|
G|---------------|---------------|---------------|---------------|
D|-6--5--6--5--|-6--5--6/5----|-6--5--6--5--|-6--5--6/5----|
A|---------------|-----------8---|---------------|-----------8~~|
E|---------------|---------------|---------------|----------------|

END

shit doesnt get easier than this !! .. a monkey could come up with that song !
----

11.08.2010 - 02:32
kkktookmybaby
Any punk song like in the world.. starting with blitzkrieg bop
11.08.2010 - 04:19
whatsacow
Anything by nirvana, especially about a girl.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
11.08.2010 - 17:43
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by kkktookmybaby on 11.08.2010 at 02:32

Any punk song like in the world.. starting with blitzkrieg bop

Punk is indeed a very easy genre to play. xD

For metal, "Running Free" is a very easy song to play, aside from the leads in the middle of the song, and the one right at the end that finishes it. Early Maiden had a very punkish vibe, but it was those leads and melodies that made their material more complex and tougher to play than standard punk.
11.08.2010 - 21:34
DayFly
Walk by Pantera. Well, not the solo of course, but the main riff is just about the easiest thing there is.
12.08.2010 - 14:13
ferm
One of the easiest song I've ever learned on guitar is "Totalt Jävla Mörker - Under Sions Kalla Stjärna" if you dont count the solo. It's no tabs on it tough, I just listned ' n ' learned.

But now when I've tried out Smells like teen spirit. I must say it was the heasiest I've ever playd.

18.08.2010 - 01:38
Hossam.Shuk
Written by thvnderforge on 09.06.2008 at 16:37

some of the easiest riffs would have to be smoke on the water, iron man, and reign in blood. i mean come on now why would you not make a more intrcate and techninicla riff to show your guitar skills.

In the main riff of raining blood its pretty easy but the second riff is really fast and hard to do perfectly
----
Carve me up, slice me apart
Suck my guts and lick my heart
18.08.2010 - 03:04
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Written by Hossam.Shuk on 18.08.2010 at 01:38

Written by thvnderforge on 09.06.2008 at 16:37

In the main riff of raining blood its pretty easy but the second riff is really fast and hard to do perfectly

yeah it is quite simple yet i dont think it falls under the 'easiest guitar song in the world' thread .. there are more prominent bands worthy of being mentioned here than Slayer. Nirvana is a good example, maybe limp bizkit or something shitty like that.. but not slayer
----

18.08.2010 - 05:52
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Yep, "Raining Blood" is definitely not a song that a beginner should be attempting. lol
30.08.2010 - 17:45
Don Martin
le fu-
Play Surfing Bird it's one like 3 chords or so through the whole song
----
What a tackastrophe!
30.08.2010 - 23:41
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Surfin buuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrahahahahahahhaharrrrgggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhddddddd !!!
----

21.10.2010 - 20:09
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
Metallica's Enter Sandman is very easy. Those who are starting to play should go for that.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
28.10.2010 - 08:41
Angelic Storm
Melodious
^^ Enter Sandman (Though Im almost certain the first song I learned in full was Only by Anthrax) was actually the first metal riff I ever learned, so yeah, Id say that'd be a good starting point for anyone. lol
29.10.2010 - 22:27
ApolloFC
Judas Priest - Breaking the law