Metal Storm logo
Iron Maiden - New Album Details And Song Online

The release date for Iron Maiden's new studio album The Final Frontier is now confirmed for Monday 16th August. The new album features artwork illustrated by Melvyn Grant and, to mark the occasion, the band have made special arrangements for one new album track "El Dorado" to be made available Worldwide as a FREE digital download MP3 with immediate effect. Click here for your free download (US fans, go here).

Singer Bruce Dickinson explains: "El Dorado" is a preview of the forthcoming studio album. As we will be including it in the set of our Final Frontier World Tour (all dates here) we thought it would be great to thank all our fans and get them into The Final Frontier mood by giving them this song up front of the tour and album release."

The band reunited with long-time Maiden producer Kevin "Caveman" Shirley in early 2010 at Compass Point Studios, Nassau to record the album and then moved to LA to finish the recording and do the mixing. Compass Point Studio is very familiar to the band, it was where they recorded the Piece Of Mind ('83), Powerslave ('84) and Somewhere In Time ('86) albums.

Bruce comments: "The studio had the same vibe and it was exactly as it had been in 1983, nothing had changed! Even down to the broken shutter in the corner... same carpet... everything... It was really quite spooky. But we felt very relaxed in such a familiar and well-trodden environment and I think this shows in the playing and the atmosphere of the album."

Thirty years on from their eponymous debut album in April 1980, The Final Frontier will be Maiden's 15th studio album, making a remarkable average of a new album every two years for 30 years and totalling over 80 million album sales during this period.

The Final Frontier [cover art] tracklist:

01. Satellite 15... The Final Frontier
02. El Dorado
03. Mother Of Mercy
04. Coming Home
05. The Alchemist
06. Isle Of Avalon
07. Starblind
08. The Talisman
09. The Man Who Would Be King
10. When The Wild Wind Blows

Source: ironmaiden.com
Band profile: Iron Maiden
Posted: 08.06.2010 by Abattoir

Comments page 3 / 3

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 65   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 475 users
30.06.2010 - 14:20
Lord_Regnier

Written by everonn on 30.06.2010 at 13:48

Fucking idiots. all over the world. trying to show that they actually "know" something. but unable to feel anything or see anything as it is. failing to see the big picture all the time...:) i find your comments funny. Call me fanboy or funboy or anything else, Iron Maiden's gonna kick your fuckin' ass.

OK. I have enough of you, dumb asshole. It's a sad thing to say but some people are in urgent need of seeing their neck severed from their body for their unforgivable stupidity. Since we can't get rid of them permanently like they deserve, the only solution is to ignore them.
One more retard on my 'ignore' list. You're only the third in the last 2 weeks. If it follows-on like that, it's not an 'ignore user' function I will need but an 'ignore forum' one.

EDIT: Thinking of it, fuck this board. I don't need it. It was the last metal board I posted on, so now I get rid of this shit completely. Glad to leave. I'll put my energies in things that are worthy. Such a complete loss of time metal boards are.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
30.06.2010 - 23:48
Gamma_Ray

I really like the song El Dorado, reminds me a bit about Wasted Years but good anyway. I like it when Bruce is telling a story in the lyrics, like Dance Of Death for example.
----
Now I'm riding through the air
going to where no one dares
on the way I'll cross the line forevermore.
For once in life, I do not care
nothing matters, now I dare
On the ride I'll cross the line
forever to be free
05.07.2010 - 15:22
everonn

Written by Lord_Regnier on 30.06.2010 at 14:20

Written by everonn on 30.06.2010 at 13:48

Fucking idiots. all over the world. trying to show that they actually "know" something. but unable to feel anything or see anything as it is. failing to see the big picture all the time...:) i find your comments funny. Call me fanboy or funboy or anything else, Iron Maiden's gonna kick your fuckin' ass.

OK. I have enough of you, dumb asshole. It's a sad thing to say but some people are in urgent need of seeing their neck severed from their body for their unforgivable stupidity. Since we can't get rid of them permanently like they deserve, the only solution is to ignore them.
One more retard on my 'ignore' list. You're only the third in the last 2 weeks. If it follows-on like that, it's not an 'ignore user' function I will need but an 'ignore forum' one.

EDIT: Thinking of it, fuck this board. I don't need it. It was the last metal board I posted on, so now I get rid of this shit completely. Glad to leave. I'll put my energies in things that are worthy. Such a complete loss of time metal boards are.

what a relief)
05.07.2010 - 15:50
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 09.06.2010 at 14:20

My God this is indeed incredibly boring and like has been said a lot of Barracuda borrowing all over the place. But Barracuda was a much better song than this.

Damn! I agree with Marcel! This is a rare happening for me, a couple of times each year at most.
----
05.07.2010 - 16:04
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Warman on 05.07.2010 at 15:50

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 09.06.2010 at 14:20

My God this is indeed incredibly boring and like has been said a lot of Barracuda borrowing all over the place. But Barracuda was a much better song than this.

Damn! I agree with Marcel! This is a rare happening for me, a couple of times each year at most.

----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

Hits total: 8531 | This month: 7