Metal Storm logo
New Mortal Kombat film/game? - mysterious trailer online

08.06.2010 - 22:48
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Okay so a friend gave me this link.. if you're a mortal kombat fan you'll love it to bits:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_MqZn7E-mk

i have to say that trailer is EPIC AS FUCK. i'm not sure what to believe, it looks far too awesome and well-thought out to be just a new game, but then again E3 is next week so it's possible it's just going to be a game after all. i guess time will tell.
09.06.2010 - 01:00
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Oh no, not another Mortal Kombat film! Ive yet to ONE movie based on a game which hasnt sucked. lol

There is a new MK game in the works though. MK9 has been in development since last year, and is scheduled for release in November/December this year.
09.06.2010 - 03:45
Archetype
Looks very interesting. Nothing on IMDb as of yet, though.
09.06.2010 - 07:32
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
History dictates that movies based on video games suck. Therefore, this will also suck.
09.06.2010 - 12:03
Hamird
Lieutenant
Why do they want to give human characteristics to Reptile, Scorpion, Baraka and the others? I don't know if that's a good idea. One side is the nostalgic sense when you see the old school style, and the other side is maybe this new way (make realistic atmosphere and characters) to introduce characters makes them even better. I don't know if it's a film trailer or what? (though there are no further information on the net.)
Of course, if it going to be all human in this film, then the adventure aspect of Mortal Kombat will be omitted and the only thing we can get from it is an action film. Anyway for both video-game I hope there will be Kabal, because I mostly play with him and like his style very much so if there's a film, I'd like to see him and of course I like not to see his character ruined in the film..
10.06.2010 - 00:54
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Hopefully Sonya Blade shows her boobs.
10.06.2010 - 02:49
Ragana
Rawrcat
Oh boy, I can't imagine myself SERIOUSLY watching films that refer to some rough action games. The trailer was quite funny and I already know I'd be laughing half of the film... Don't know what you guys see in films like these. If there was a film based on Counter Strike, you'd seriously consider watching it too? *confused*
10.06.2010 - 03:54
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Written by Ragana on 10.06.2010 at 02:49

Oh boy, I can't imagine myself SERIOUSLY watching films that refer to some rough action games. The trailer was quite funny and I already know I'd be laughing half of the film... Don't know what you guys see in films like these. If there was a film based on Counter Strike, you'd seriously consider watching it too? *confused*

Ow cmon.. sometimes is just a good reason to watch some highly choreographed fights, with classic characters that were part of our childhood.

Like Mortal Kombat: Annihilation.. poor plot.. and lots of random unexplained fight scenes with decent special effects.

But well. I have fun watching Steven Seagal films, so my standard for entertainment with movies is not that high -__-
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
10.06.2010 - 09:55
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by Ragana on 10.06.2010 at 02:49

Well it's Mortal Kombat.. One of the best games ever been on Earth. Many of us have spent our days of childhood doing finishers, fatality, animality and so on. So it's not like Counter Strike, it's a cult video-game..
And because if interesting characters, if there would be a good plot (of course not like MK Annihilation), there you have a good film/comics. In most cases films ruin game characters, but if there'd be a good plot it won't happen..
10.06.2010 - 13:08
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
The last awesome mortal kombat game was MK3: Ultimate ... and the last "decent" one was PS1's MK4 ... after that it just sucked balls =(
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
16.06.2010 - 07:25
Hellkommando
Mortal Kombat: Rebirth is a short film, the guy who directed it did it in the hope that it would get picked up by one of the big studios.

Written by Angelic Storm on 09.06.2010 at 01:00

Oh no, not another Mortal Kombat film! Ive yet to ONE movie based on a game which hasnt sucked. lol

There is a new MK game in the works though. MK9 has been in development since last year, and is scheduled for release in November/December this year.

Yes it is in the works but it won't be out this year.
----

Formerly Desolate Gale