Metal Storm logo
If only they hadn't died...

Original post

Posted by , 17.05.2006 - 18:07
I'm so stoked over the amazing music that many artists that succumed to sudden and tragic death would've continued to release hadn't they died...artists who were at the peak of their musical career and creativity then a higher power suddenly cut their life short in the middle of their careers...two that come to mind are Chuck Schuldiner from Death and Tomas Forsberg, or Quorthon, from Bathory...

So, who here is like me and wondering about all the amazing music that all these victims of tragedy would've released hadn't they suddenly passed?
19.09.2007 - 16:38
Judas
The Amputator
Most of my Metal nominees have been stated already, but here we go:

Per Ingve "Dead" Ohlin and Oystein "Euronymous" Aarseth (both of Mayhem); Ace Thomas "Quorthon" Forsberg (Bathory); Terje "Valfar" Bakken (Windir); Hideto Matsumoto (X Japan); Teemu "Somnium" Raimoranta (Finntroll); Ingo Schwichtenberg (Helloween); Chuck Schuldiner (Death); Randy Rhoads (Ozzy Osbourne); Cliff Burton (Metallica, though I've never been a huge fan).

Outside of Metal, I really do mourn the following:

Farrokh Bulsara, known to the world as Freddy Mercury, was a big loss. I'm a fan of Queen and it's a shame that he couldn't be with us for longer. Incidentally, my father's best friend is Freddy's mother's doctor in India. Other noteworthy musicians to pass away early include Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix, and the late Luciano Pavarotti. There are a few from Indian music whose passing made the subcontinental music scene poorer, such as S.D. Burman, a composer, and his son R.D. Burman, also a composer; Mohammad Rafi, a great playback singer, and also Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, the great Pakistani singer of the Qawwali style.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
19.10.2007 - 07:57
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
@Judas
I was reading the Jim Morrison biography and it made me feel less "What if..." about Jim, he pretty much quit and wanted to fall out of the public eye a while before he died, hencewhy he moved to Paris.

Also, it may surprise you that I actually know who Mohammad Rafi is, even though I only know one song...
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
19.10.2007 - 15:29
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
the biggest two stnadouts for me are chuck from death (how mny awesome albums would be out there now ) and cliff burton from metallica (would they have gone down the same, declining road as they did?)
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
19.10.2007 - 20:04
Lord TJ

Written by BurbotsRevenge on 19.10.2007 at 15:29

the biggest two stnadouts for me are chuck from death (how mny awesome albums would be out there now ) and cliff burton from metallica (would they have gone down the same, declining road as they did?)

For me it would be Chuck and Randy Rhoads.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
24.05.2008 - 08:26
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Valfar FROZE to death. no genius should go out like that. not that its not a gnarly way to die, but its just sad to see him go so soon. Ingo too. and i wish Clive Burr didnt have MS.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
24.05.2008 - 12:17
ArtiA
Robin Goodfellow
Jimi Hendrix has a 3-studio album that was so scanty and skimp for big-musician . we miss u.
but I hope ,he enjoy around his-overdose
----
"The WAY" is perfect and complete like boundless space nothing redundant but because the mind continues to make distinction.
29.05.2008 - 05:23
Haightredy

Written by Lord TJ on 19.10.2007 at 20:04

Written by BurbotsRevenge on 19.10.2007 at 15:29

For me it would be Chuck and Randy Rhoads.

Same here. I picked up a "Guitar Legends" magazine recently featuring Randy Rhoades. I almost cried when I read about the plane crash.