Metal Storm logo
Favourite hardcore band?

11.06.2010 - 23:29
If punk is an atittude, hardcore is a way of life. love or hate it....hardcore still lives!
12.06.2010 - 02:32
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Written by dead_in_my_arms on 11.06.2010 at 23:29

If punk is an atittude, hardcore is a way of life. love or hate it....hardcore still lives!

I think you posted this in the wrong part of the forum, hardcore is still a metal genre, this is the "rock forum part".
12.06.2010 - 02:51
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
Hardcore is not a metal genre.
12.06.2010 - 14:04
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Written by jupitreas on 12.06.2010 at 02:51

subgenre then, oopps, sorry.
12.06.2010 - 14:25
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 12.06.2010 at 14:04

most hardcore have nothing to do with metal. Hardcore is punk.bands such as Youth of Today, Flipper, Bad Brains, Minor Threat, 7 Seconds, The Descendents, Dead Kennedys etc etc have nothing to do with metal whatsoever.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

12.06.2010 - 14:34
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 12.06.2010 at 14:25

most hardcore have nothing to do with metal. Hardcore is punk.bands such as Youth of Today, Flipper, Bad Brains, Minor Threat, 7 Seconds, The Descendents, Dead Kennedys etc etc have nothing to do with metal whatsoever.

I listen very little to hardcore and i know its roots was in punk, but it's still more metal than it is just rock music. I don't wanna start a controversy and i do hate classifications - got me into trouble every time - but a hardcore thread in the rock forum it's like having a thread about the Rolling Stones in the extreme metal forum.
07.07.2010 - 13:06
Elio
Red Nightmare
Refused without a doubt, anyone who thinks to be a heavy music expert should at least try The Shape of the Punk to Come.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
01.08.2010 - 20:45
Abattoir
Staff
Well I'm dragging myself into this genre for a past few months now, so I'm still kind of a new listener. And I did find some cool bands that sound very decent such as:

Sick Of It All
Madball
H2O
Blood For Blood
15.08.2010 - 13:16
Perseverance
Account deleted
If Carnifex and Despised Icon are hardcore. I used to like Hatebreed, but I grew out of that phase.
15.08.2010 - 13:54
vezzy
Stallmanite
Dead Kennedys and Terror are awesome.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
24.09.2010 - 14:15
JD
Account deleted
Written by vezzy on 15.08.2010 at 13:54

Dead Kennedys and Terror are awesome.

Yeah Terror, Born From Pain, Bury Your Dead, HateBreed, Throwdown but am not sure all of them count hardcore...
24.09.2010 - 19:13
baldur
Breach and converge !!
26.09.2010 - 17:14
Kennoth
Only band I can stomach is Hatebreed, though they have just as metal influence than they have hardcore...
----
*insert something deep and profound*
04.11.2010 - 01:14
Don Martin
le fu-
Dead Kennedys! Jello Biafra is the best punk/hardcore yelper since Joey Ramone!
----
What a tackastrophe!
11.12.2010 - 23:10
ForeverDarkWoods
The old Swedish hardcore rules supreme. The 80's Swedish hardcore bands were also among the first to use what is today known as blast beats. In this day, there were also no gay Hatebreeds or anything that stinks of modern hardcore to plague our lives.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
21.12.2010 - 21:32
bandido
Blood for Blood
Biohazard
----
"Rockin' every single piece of metal..."
02.01.2012 - 19:57
metalheadpunk
Account deleted
Hardcore kicks ass, bands like Black flag, Sheer Terror, Agnostic Front, Iron Cross, Minor Threat and Bad Brains are all righteous.
02.01.2012 - 20:38
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Cancer bats are pretty good.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
03.01.2012 - 11:37
moe5512
Strike Anywhere, SIsta Sekunden

edit. Refused ofc
22.01.2012 - 23:29
Corax
Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 11.12.2010 at 23:10

The old Swedish hardcore rules supreme. The 80's Swedish hardcore bands were also among the first to use what is today known as blast beats. In this day, there were also no gay Hatebreeds or anything that stinks of modern hardcore to plague our lives.

Very true! Anti Cimex e.g. has been my favourite Hardcore Punk band since I heard them for the first time. I like both the old school albums and the ones from the 90's with a slight transition to Metal.
25.01.2012 - 03:49
WalmartJesus
The old hardcore punk bands tend to have this raw chaotic energy and sincerity that makes their music timeless.

I have too many "favorites" to name but i'll post a few:

Bad Brains
Black Flag
Refused
Minutemen
Negative Approach
Poison Idea
MDC
Flipper
Scratch Acid
Dead Kennedys
Nausea
Discharge
25.01.2012 - 10:29
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Dead Kennedys for sure. And there's an article called "List of political punk songs" in wikipedia.Check it out.
29.02.2012 - 07:21
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Underøath

It can be referenced here.
27.01.2013 - 08:22
squidrick420
Quote:
I listen very little to hardcore and i know its roots was in punk, but it's still more metal than it is just rock music. I don't wanna start a controversy and i do hate classifications - got me into trouble every time - but a hardcore thread in the rock forum it's like having a thread about the Rolling Stones in the extreme metal forum.

Here is the best way to look at it, hardcore isn't just rooted in punk rock, it is punk rock. Take a punk song and play it 2x as fast and you have hardcore punk. I feel this thread does belong here because it is not a type of metal at all (the term hardcore got lost somewhere and kids started using it for metal) but it is in fact a form of punk which is a form of rock. There is this kind of modern hardcore that is closer to metal, but like i said... the term got misplaced somewhere along the line and now there are 2 different kinds of hardcore existing simultaneously, the newer kind is drowning out the original meaning.
30.01.2013 - 14:51
Jtbmetal123
Hatebreed, Biohazard, Madball. Some of my favorites.
03.02.2013 - 07:16
SuicidalCyco
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 12.06.2010 at 14:25

A lot of hardcore bands like those had influence on a lot of thrash bands, like Slayer and Metallica. Plus not to mention all the crossover thrash, which is hardcore punk and thrash and grindcore which is basically hardcore punk and death metal.
03.02.2013 - 19:36
Cream
Account deleted
Integrity is the hardcore band every selfrespecting metal head should know. Their music is very dark, the hardcore counterpart to black metal music.
27.05.2014 - 21:13
Dr.Overkill26
Black Flag, Bad Brains, Agnostic front, All Out war, (thanks to DF for introducing me to them) yeah pff the top of my head those are my favs.
----
Do you need what I need? Boundaries overthrown Look inside to each his own
Do you trust what I trust? me myself and I Penetrate the smoke screen I see Through the selfish lie
25.06.2014 - 17:56
Ganondox
Quote:
Dead Kennedeys is my favorite, love their sense of humor.

Written by squidrick420 on 27.01.2013 at 08:22

Here is the best way to look at it, hardcore isn't just rooted in punk rock, it is punk rock. Take a punk song and play it 2x as fast and you have hardcore punk. I feel this thread does belong here because it is not a type of metal at all (the term hardcore got lost somewhere and kids started using it for metal) but it is in fact a form of punk which is a form of rock. There is this kind of modern hardcore that is closer to metal, but like i said... the term got misplaced somewhere along the line and now there are 2 different kinds of hardcore existing simultaneously, the newer kind is drowning out the original meaning.

Going to add to this, not only is the modern form of hardcore heavily influenced by metal while the old form is not, but the old hardcore punk was a heavy influence on thrash metal, furthering the confusion.
25.06.2014 - 22:25
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
I'm not into hardcore at all or better said, I don't really know any hardcore bands. But I stumlbed upon Mont-Doré on Bandcamp and I'm quit digging the stuff. Hardcore-screamo.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.