Metal Storm logo
Vicious Rumors

16.08.2006 - 23:45
Hellish Star

VICIOUS RUMORS is a band with a rich history in metal. They did release 8 albums and albums like "Digital dictator", " Vicious rumors", "Word of mouth" and "Soldiers of the night" are real classic albums in the metal scène.

The previous singer was Carl Albert (RIP) who died to soon. He was one of the best vocalists in the metal scène ever. Nowadays James Rivera (Helstar, Seven Witches, Destiny's End, Distant Thunder, Killing Machine) is the vocalist.
Check them at http://www.myspace.com/viciousrumors

and

www.vicious rumors.com

The new album will be released soon and sounds very promising:

VICIOUS RUMORS NEW C.D.!! "WARBALL" has just been completed. "WARBALL" is the ninth studio album and twelvth official release. Produced by Geoff Thorpe and Juan J. Orteaga. Recorded, mixed and mastered by Juan J. Orteaga at Trident Studios in Pacheco, CA. www.tridentstudios.com

This is the first Vicious Rumors album with Geoff Thorpe doing all rhythm and acoustic guitars and most of the solos. "In the past I've always split the guitar duties up with our other guitarist. As I re-built the band, I decided to knock it out myself. I always planned to have some special guests on the record, and it turned out great".

For the WARBALL C.D. Geoff Thorpe re-unites with original members Larry Howe, Drums and Vocals, and Dave Starr on Bass Guitar. "It felt great to have the original nucleus together again," Geoff said. " Larry and Dave are a tight knit veteran rhythum section that really stepped up on this new C.D. The years of working together definately helped create the Metal Mayhem of WARBALL". Also joining Vicious Rumors is vocal legend James Rivera (Hellstar, Seven Witches). James brings a true Metal Spirit and sonic bombardment to the V.R. music. James shows off a wide range of vocal styles on WARBALL that Metal fans worldwide will soon be witness to.

Brad Gillis ( Ozze Osbourne/ Night Ranger) also makes a very special-guest appearance on five songs blowing some crazy guitar solos and harmony solos with Geoff. Brad's legendary performance taking over for the late Randy Rhoads in Ozze can not be forgotten. Multi-platinum success with Night Ranger would follow. And now Brad returns to Metal in 2006 in Vicious Rumors with WARBALL.

Thaen Rasmussen also plays guitar on three songs on WARBALL and has already been on tour with V.R. . Thaen hails from the S.F. Bay Area band Anvil Chorus. Thaen's monster guitar playing fits perfect on WARBALL. You will also see Thaen on tour with the band.

WARBALL features ten new original songs. Some of the titles to look for; Sonic Rebellion, Mr. Miracle, Dying Every Day, Immortal and the epic "WARBALL". The C.D. to be released this October 2006' on Mascot Records with the World War Tour to follow. Soon to be an all-time classic, from the Metal Giants VICIOUS RUMORS. "WARBALL" , more solos, more double-bass, more sub-sonic thunder, more Metal.
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
26.08.2006 - 11:39
madgarry
Account deleted
I love Vicious rumors so will look out for warball
26.08.2006 - 13:19
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
I knew this was about to come out I have all their albums except "Sadistic Symphony". So this is on my get list.
08.09.2006 - 21:20
Thryce
Retired Staff
You guys are going to love the following message :

Vicious Rumors have posted the following message at their website :

"That's right, just updated in the Multimedia section there are two samples of VR's upcoming work, samples from 'Sonic Rebellion' and 'Mr. Miracle'. Why not have a listen and talk about it in the VR Forum!"

Mascot Records will release Vicious Rumors' new album, Warball, on October 15th.

The album will feature the following tracklisting :
01. Sonic Rebellion
02. Mr. Miracle
03. Dying Every Day
04. Immortal
05. Warball
06. Crossthreaded
07. The Wheels Of Madness
08. Windows Of Memories
09. Ghost Within
10. Dreams Of Rage

Vicious Rumors' current lineup includes: James Rivera (vocals), Geoff Thorpe (guitar), Brad Gillis (guitar), Dave Starr (bass) and Larry Howe (drums, vocals).

(as Hellish Star already posted)
Warball is the band's ninth studio album and twelfth official release. Produced by Geoff Thorpe and Juan J. Orteaga. Recorded, mixed and mastered by Juan J. Orteaga at Trident Studios in Pacheco, CA.

This is the first Vicious Rumors album with Geoff Thorpe doing all rhythm and acoustic guitars and most of the solos. "In the past I've always split the guitar duties up with our other guitarist. As I re-built the band, I decided to knock it out myself. I always planned to have some special guests on the record, and it turned out great".

For the Warball CD Geoff Thorpe reunites with original members Larry Howe and Dave Starr. "It felt great to have the original nucleus together again," Geoff said. " Larry and Dave are a tight knit veteran rhythm section that really stepped up on this new CD. The years of working together definately helped create the Metal Mayhem of Warball."

Also joining Vicious Rumors is vocal legend James Rivera (Helstar, Seven Witches). James brings a true Metal Spirit and sonic bombardment to the V.R. music. James shows off a wide range of vocal styles on Warball that metal fans worldwide will soon be witness to.

Brad Gillis (Ozzy Osbourne, Night Ranger) also makes a very special-guest appearance on five songs blowing some crazy guitar solos and harmony solos with Geoff. Brad's legendary performance taking over for the late Randy Rhoads in Ozzy's band can not be forgotten. Multi-platinum success with Night Ranger would follow. And now Brad returns to Metal in 2006 in Vicious Rumors with Warball.

Thaen Rasmussen also plays guitar on three songs on Warball and has already been on tour with VR. Thaen hails from the S.F. Bay Area band Anvil Chorus. Thaen's monster guitar playing fits perfect on Warball. You will also see Thaen on tour with the band. Vicious Rumors will be on tour with new labelmates Agent Steel in March, 2007.

(http://www.viciousrumors.com)

Quote:
Vicious Rumors will be on tour with new labelmates Agent Steel in March, 2007.

if they're passing by in Belgium, I am SO there (and I bet Hellish Star too)
----
Your favorite band sucks.
09.09.2006 - 10:43
Hellish Star

Vicious Rumors will play in Belgium with Beyond Fear (the band from Tim Owens) on 10/11/2006. So yes, I'll be there although it's a pity Agent Steel is no part of this tour....

BEYOND FEAR, Vicious Rumors & Guests

31.10. HUN-Budapest - Wigwam
01.11. A-Graz - Orpheum
02.11. A-Wien - Planet Music
03.11. A-Wörgl - Komma
04.11. D-Memmingen - Kaminwerk
05.11. D-Hannover - Faust
06.11. D-Berlin - Kato
07.11. D-Bochum - Zeche
08.11. F-Mulhouse - Noumatrouff
10.11. B-Brussels/Braine L àlleud - Acte 3
11.11. NL-Hellendoorn - De Lantaarn
12.11. F-Paris - La Locomotive
13.11. CH-Pratteln - Z7
14.11. Rainbow - Milan, Italy
16.11. E-Bilbao - tba
17.11. E-Barcelona - Mephisto
18.11. E-Alicante - Musicalia
19.11. E-Madrid - Caracol
----

09.09.2006 - 17:50
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
No Romania as usual...damn I want out of this country where nothing seems to go right (they lost my latest order, isn't that cool: Exxplorer - "A Recipe for Power", Shylock - "Pyronized & Blade Runner - "Hunted" <vinyl>)...
09.09.2006 - 19:13
Thryce
Retired Staff
@ Hellish Star : I won't be there in November, but I'll certainly be there in March !!

In the meantime, Vicious Rumors have just signed a recording contract with Avalon/Marquee for Japan and Asia, who will release their new album, "Warball" on October 21. Mascot Records will release Vicious Rumors' new album, "Warball", on October 15th. The North American street date is October 21st as well.
----
13.09.2006 - 02:12
peavy
Account deleted
The other album with James on vocals (from Killing Machine) that came out this year is fantastic and I'm sure this will also be a highlight...

Can't wait to hear it!!!
13.10.2006 - 01:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I know them, my father was not vynyl and not tape, dunno how this record calls in english
Two albums ''Soldiers of the Night'' one side and other side ''Digital Dictator'' but I even hawnt hear them,
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
13.10.2006 - 13:43
okt31
Account deleted
The old ones are great, which I've listened (I didn't listen to all), but Warball will quite possibly, together with Carnival of Lies and Christ Illusion make my 2006 top 3 list. Perhaps their best album ever...
Sonic Rebellioooon!! (oh, yes, we all know that James Rivera in a demigod!!)
13.10.2006 - 21:25
Hellish Star

I heard some new songs and they sound fantastic... I'm even in the 'thank list'...
----

13.11.2006 - 21:45
Thryce
Retired Staff
All right I added the whole discography. Vicious Rumors is almost ready to be added to the featered bands on MS (where they damn right belong)!
I only miss a genre and some other similar bands...

Vicious Rumors MS Page.

Warball keeps growing on me. It's such a good album. Not interested in writing a review about it, Ozman/Hellish Star?

Here's a (rather old, like a month) pre-tour interview with the band!
----
13.11.2006 - 21:57
Hellish Star

Vicious Rumors: you can call it US power metal, no problem because it is an official genre and it's a way to promote this genre. Similar bands? Pretty hard but you can write Helstar, Cacophony, ...
----

21.11.2006 - 02:59
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
This band is pretty good. Unfortunately, I haven't had the chance of taking a listen to anything off this new album, though it is in my "to do" list. They came up with a blasphemous Metallized version of one of my favorite songs from The Rolling Stones and I pretty much enjoyed it.
----
Christless
26.11.2006 - 07:33
poundingmetal74
Account deleted
Awesome band. Digital Dictator is a classic in my books and their latest album, Warball with Riviera was killer.
22.01.2007 - 18:59
Thryce
Retired Staff
US thrash legends Vicious Rumors have announced some live dates, and have confirmed that they will play a date with Testament and Ruffians at The Independant in San Francisco, CA on January 27th.

Upcoming Vicious Rumors live dates currently include:

January
27 - San Francisco, CA at The Independant

February
23 - Santa Rosa, CA at Venue TBA
24 - Alameda, CA at Venue TBA

March
8 - San Antonio, TX at Venue TBA
9 - Corpus Christi, TX at Venue TBA
10 - Houston, TX at Venue TBA
15 - Palmetto, FL at Venue TBA
16 - Tampa, FL at Venue TBA
17 - Cayey, Puerto Rico at Venue TBA
21 - Detroit, MI at Venue TBA
22 - Ohio at Venue TBA
23 - Ohio at Venue TBA
24 - Ohio at Venue TBA

April
12 - Los Angeles, CA at Venue TBA
13 - San Diego, CA at Venue TBA
14 - Las Vegas, NV at Venue TBA
16 - Japan at Venue TBA
17 - Japan at Venue TBA
18 - Japan at Venue TBA
19 - Japan at Venue TBA
20 - Japan at Venue TBA

The band are expected to soon announce dates in Europe for May. <-- Moeha
----
22.01.2007 - 19:42
Hellish Star

Yes, with AGENT FUCKING STEEL ! ! ! ! ! !
----

23.01.2007 - 11:28
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
This is a concert that I have to see, even if I won't see them in Romania (the chances are not slim, but almost 0 for them to come here), but i will absolutely go if they are having a concert in Hungary, Bulgaria, Serbia or Austria, this is a concert worth seeing!
23.01.2007 - 11:47
Thryce
Retired Staff
@ Hellish Star: When was the last time actually Agent Steel came to Belgium?
----
23.01.2007 - 19:18
Hellish Star

Written by Thryce on 23.01.2007 at 11:47

@ Hellish Star: When was the last time actually Agent Steel came to Belgium?

I think it was 2005 in Sint-Niklaas.... I think there were 50 people, a disgrace but the show was superb...

BTW: Noticed my new avatar: Laaz Rockit, Destructor, After All, Sanity's Rage in Eeklo (between Gent and Bruges) for only 13 euro's....
----

19.02.2007 - 17:49
Thryce
Retired Staff
Vicious Rumors will announce a European tour in September shortly...
As can be read in the tour section on their website.
----
19.02.2007 - 19:19
Hellish Star

Written by Thryce on 19.02.2007 at 17:49

With Agent Steel? Let's hope...
----

19.02.2007 - 20:17
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Their last album is pretty stunning... I listened to it at my friend's house... he's a vicious rumors freak and I wanted to know what was all that shit about and well, I loved it... good stuff to get drunk along with.
19.02.2007 - 20:40
Mega-Slayer

I have wanted to get "Soldiers Of The Night" for awhile,the original price killers cd has shown up a bit on ebay latley,is it a good place to start?
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
19.02.2007 - 21:19
Hellish Star

Written by Mega-Slayer on 19.02.2007 at 20:40

I have wanted to get "Soldiers Of The Night" for awhile,the original price killers cd has shown up a bit on ebay latley,is it a good place to start?

It's a very good one but the best album is still "Digital dictator".... Carl Albert (RIP) was superb on this album...
----

13.03.2007 - 16:03
Thryce
Retired Staff
Written by Hellish Star on 19.02.2007 at 19:19

Yes Yes Yes! The day has come: it is finally CONFIRMED !! They're both coming!!

Vicious Rumors and Agent Steel'll play in Belgium on September 7 at Meetjesland Metalfest at our "friends" of CC De Herbakker.

Meetjesland Metalfest - Bands confirmed so far:

07/09 - Evil Pony's, After All, Vicious Rumors, Agent Steel and Destruction
08/09 - Spoil Engine and Days Of Betrayal

Hell yeah, what an incredible line up !! I'm so there on Friday
----
13.03.2007 - 18:53
Hellish Star

Written by Thryce on 13.03.2007 at 16:03

Written by Hellish Star on 19.02.2007 at 19:19

Yes Yes Yes! The day has come: it is finally CONFIRMED !! They're both coming!!

Vicious Rumors and Agent Steel'll play in Belgium on September 7 at Meetjesland Metalfest at our "friends" of CC De Herbakker.

Meetjesland Metalfest - Bands confirmed so far:

07/09 - Evil Pony's, After All, Vicious Rumors, Agent Steel and Destruction
08/09 - Spoil Engine and Days Of Betrayal

Hell yeah, what an incredible line up !! I'm so there on Friday

Only 10 km from my home???? Wow!!! I'll be there, no doubts about it....
----

13.03.2007 - 19:35
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
Cool, there is a rumor that they will also hit Romania with a concert, even if they don't I said I'll go to Bulgaria or Hungary to see them, can't afford to loose them!
18.03.2007 - 14:44
okt31
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 13.03.2007 at 19:35

Cool, there is a rumor that they will also hit Romania with a concert, even if they don't I said I'll go to Bulgaria or Hungary to see them, can't afford to loose them!

Where did you hear that from?
I come for sure to that concert.. I hope it won't cross the ones I already want to go to..
18.03.2007 - 18:53
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
A friend told me who works for one of the concert promoters. I heard evergrey will come for sure this time...sorry for off topic. Hope it will be like this!