Metal Storm logo
DragonForce - To Release Live Album

Official Press Release

DragonForce, the stellar musicians whose latest Ultra Beatdown album charted strongly all over the world, have announced the release of their first live album; titled Twilight Dementia and produced by longstanding DF collaborator Karl Groom along with band guitarists Herman Li & Sam Totman, this double live set is now confirmed for a September 13th 2010 release on Spinefarm Records and Roadrunner Records (US, Canada).

Featuring 13 tracks, including such pivotal numbers as "Fury Of The Storm", "Operation Ground And Pound", "My Spirit Will Go On", "Valley Of The Damned", "Heroes Of Our Time" & "Through The Fire And Flames", this exercise in soaring vocals & advanced guitar pyrotechnics was recorded across 19 UK shows, with the very best takes lovingly compiled and mixed by Groom, Totman & Li.

Says Herman: "For years, fans have been asking us to record a live album, but honestly, we never really had the time due to our worldwide touring commitments and studio album recording. However, due to the overwhelmingly positive feedback from fans on the "Ultra Beatdown World Tour", we decided to finally put some real thought into it. The idea was to record every single show from the last leg of the tour, so we could pick the best take of each song without needing to do any overdubs in the studio; keeping the whole thing "live" like all the classic live metal albums. These recordings really capture the raw sonic energy of a DragonForce show in fine detail. It is so real that you can hear the noise of the crowd and experience the show as it was that night - you can even hear the guitar pedals being stepped on!"

Twilight Dementia [cover art] tracklist:

Disc I
01. Heroes Of Our Time
02. Operation Ground And Pound
03. Reasons To Live
04. Fury Of The Storm
05. Fields Of Despair
06. Starfire
07. Soldiers Of The Wasteland

Disc II
01. My Spirit Will Go On
02. Where Dragons Rule
03. The Last Journey Home
04. Valley Of The Damned
05. Strike Of The Ninja
06. Through The Fire And Flames

Source: dragonforce.com
Band profile: DragonForce
Posted: 26.06.2010 by BudDa

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 32   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 189 users
26.06.2010 - 13:39
Damnated_Soul

Couldn't say better x)
26.06.2010 - 15:47
Bocata Calamares

I like their studio albums (well, most of them *cough*InhumanRampage*cough*) and I've never been to a DF show so this will be interesting for all the people that, like me, want to find out what they can really play without studio tricks and bullshits.
26.06.2010 - 16:07
Lord_Regnier

Written by Bocata Calamares on 26.06.2010 at 15:47

I like their studio albums (well, most of them *cough*InhumanRampage*cough*) and I've never been to a DF show so this will be interesting for all the people that, like me, want to find out what they can really play without studio tricks and bullshits.

You don't seem to realize that the songs are recorded live but the album will be re-worked in studio. They can still trick many things.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
26.06.2010 - 16:13
Newfie_Metal

Ears will bleed
26.06.2010 - 16:30
Bocata Calamares

Written by Lord_Regnier on 26.06.2010 at 16:07

Written by Bocata Calamares on 26.06.2010 at 15:47

You don't seem to realize that the songs are recorded live but the album will be re-worked in studio. They can still trick many things.

I agree, good point. Even if they don't overdub anything in studio, they can still bury deep down in the mix the weakest parts and hide the mistakes. And I guess they will be using a very strong backing track when playing live. Yes, we are doomed. But I still consider it interesting to hear in order to satisfy my curiosity.
26.06.2010 - 16:49
Derwood

"...keeping the whole thing "live" like all the classic live metal albums."

He must mean like Judas Priest's Unleashed in the Studio East.

Notice he didn't say there won't be any overdubs, just that they approached recording in the way least likely to require overdubs.
----
You can't fight evil with a macaroni duck!
26.06.2010 - 16:54
Lord_Regnier

Concerning overdubs, it's only their words, anyway. Nothing proves they won't use them. People often lie.
----
26.06.2010 - 18:00
GT
Coffee!!
Oh dear. If they don't fiddle with it in the studio, this will be the worst album of the year
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
26.06.2010 - 18:29
Got Mayhem?

"you can even hear the guitar pedals being stepped on!"
I'm not sure if you need to mike your pedals...

I can't wait for this, lately television just hasn't come close to filling my comedy quota.
----
26.06.2010 - 19:52
ndawkn

Ok, how many of you have actually seen them live during the past 2 years?
They have improved a lot, I'm expecting this to be a great album
26.06.2010 - 20:08
Lit. Metalhead
Account deleted
With the way people are expecting it to be, I'm expecting it to be a mindblowing album.
I'm looking forward to seeing the people eat their words.
26.06.2010 - 20:23
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 26.06.2010 at 20:08

With the way people are expecting it to be, I'm expecting it to be a mindblowing album.

Then you have never seen them live, I guess.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

27.06.2010 - 00:39
Lit. Metalhead
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 26.06.2010 at 20:23

Wrong. Seen them 2 times. Both awesome.
27.06.2010 - 00:41
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 27.06.2010 at 00:39

Dragonforce live are one of the worst bands I have seen. So how can you expect a live album without tampering to be mindblowing?
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

27.06.2010 - 00:47
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
I'm no Eddie Van Halen with the guitar, but if you can hear someone bouncing on their stomp boxes, i think you're doing something wrong with the recording process.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
27.06.2010 - 00:47
Lit. Metalhead
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 27.06.2010 at 00:41

Dragonforce live are one of the worst bands I have seen. So how can you expect a live album without tampering to be mindblowing?

Excuse me, Mr. poor reading skills, but I already noted it:

Because they are already good.

Read it again if you don't get it.
27.06.2010 - 00:51
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 27.06.2010 at 00:47

Hey, dunce. Nowhere did you say: Because they are already good.
And fyi they are NOT good.
So please crawl back under your deaf fanboy rock.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

27.06.2010 - 01:21
Lit. Metalhead
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 27.06.2010 at 00:51

Written by Guest on 27.06.2010 at 00:47

Hey, dunce. Nowhere did you say: Because they are already good.
And fyi they are NOT good.
So please crawl back under your deaf fanboy rock.

You're idiotic opinion means nothing, and know you throw personal insults at me.
Go listen to Lady Gaga, you tool. I'm done having a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.
27.06.2010 - 06:14
Juliana
Futile Grief
Written by Irritable Ted on 26.06.2010 at 13:27

Now all the children can hear how poor they are live. Unless they alter the sound in production. No overdubs, my arse.

Soo true!
DragonForce fans admire their studio works, understandable. But trying to deny that they're lame live is rather funny...
27.06.2010 - 07:28
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Guest on 27.06.2010 at 01:21

You're idiotic opinion means nothing, and know you throw personal insults at me.
Go listen to Lady Gaga, you tool. I'm done having a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

you tell him!

VulvazelaMarcel doesn't know the first thing about metal!

he's truly an unarmed opponent... if you don't count the 1,200 metal records, tapes, and cds he owns. or his 30+ years listening to metal. or his numerous contacts within the metal community.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
27.06.2010 - 12:52
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by GT on 26.06.2010 at 18:00

Oh dear. If they don't fiddle with it in the studio, this will be the worst album of the year

Nah, it could be worse if they sweetened their album in the way they preform, drunk as fuck.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
27.06.2010 - 17:22
Lord_Regnier

Written by LeChron James on 27.06.2010 at 12:52

the way they perform, drunk as fuck.

This is something I find totally unprofessional and lame. If you can't stay sober for a few hours, you don't deserve to be on stage.
Some idiots will say "they are cool" by doing it, probably. Cool, my ass. It only makes them a sucky live band.
----
27.06.2010 - 17:45
Black_Sheep

From what i've heard, and seen (i've seen them 4 times now). They have either a very bad day, or a good one. If they suck, they are drunk and they really don't play well. But if everything goes well, their show is very entertaining. And they can handle their instruments properly when they want to, and are not too drunk.

Im surprised that people still argue about this shit so much. C'mon... Let's pick on Metallica or Manowar for a change
----
"Reality is almost always wrong."
27.06.2010 - 19:44
Fat & Sassy!

Written by Derwood on 26.06.2010 at 16:49

"...keeping the whole thing "live" like all the classic live metal albums."

He must mean like Judas Priest's Unleashed in the Studio East.

You beat me to the punch! XD
27.06.2010 - 19:46
Warman
Erotic Stains
I like DragonForce, but somehow I always end up mocking them. This post is no exception. I've heard too many shitty live recordings from DF, so I'm not psyched about this.
----
27.06.2010 - 19:54
Lord_Regnier

Written by Black_Sheep on 27.06.2010 at 17:45

C'mon... Let's pick on Metallica or Manowar for a change

Don't worry, I had a go at them a few times recently. It's always a pleasure to take a few seconds to scratch the face of such bands who give a very bad image to metal. lol
----
27.06.2010 - 20:12
Hrothdane

Written by Lord_Regnier on 27.06.2010 at 17:22

Written by LeChron James on 27.06.2010 at 12:52

the way they perform, drunk as fuck.

This is something I find totally unprofessional and lame. If you can't stay sober for a few hours, you don't deserve to be on stage.
Some idiots will say "they are cool" by doing it, probably. Cool, my ass. It only makes them a sucky live band.

I'm going to agree completely. I'm going to go even further and say that performing drunk doesn't excuse you from performing well. Many bands or singers perform drunk or tipsy, and they can deliver. It is still unprofessional behavior, but they aren't punishing fans that gave up their evening and dished out 30-50 bucks for a ticket.
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
27.06.2010 - 21:52
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Lord_Regnier on 27.06.2010 at 17:22

it'd be cool if they could pull off being drunk and doing their guitar pyrotechnics but it only makes them sloppy and uncoordinated, as one would expect. and i agree, save the party for after you're done performing.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
28.06.2010 - 21:19
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by BitterCOld on 27.06.2010 at 07:28

if you don't count the 1,200 metal records, tapes, and cds he owns...

Get your facts right. I have 1600+ listed here. But in reality it is over 3500
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.06.2010 - 22:31
trendkill-

Written by Juliana on 27.06.2010 at 06:14

Written by Irritable Ted on 26.06.2010 at 13:27

Now all the children can hear how poor they are live. Unless they alter the sound in production. No overdubs, my arse.

Soo true!
DragonForce fans admire their studio works, understandable. But trying to deny that they're lame live is rather funny...

you guys made me laugh
to through my opinion in they do suck utter balls live in comparison to all the other bands ive seen live... well they were better then suicide silence >.<

Hits total: 3703 | This month: 3