Metal Storm logo
Sarissa

18.08.2006 - 01:44
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Sarissa is a mesopotamian progressive power metal band from Greece...they have a troubled history...they released their first album in 1987 but broke up...another Sarissa album was recorded in 1994 but with a completely different line up...they returned again in 2004 and put out the impressivly consistant, melodic, forceful, heavy guitar-driven power-prog album Master of Sins with a mesopotamian edge...this album doesn't let up right from the beginning to the end...Sarissa have a great future ahead of them if they play their cards right, no more inner problems in the band ensue and they keep making fantastic albums throughout the years to come...so who here has heard of this fantastic band?
20.08.2006 - 02:25
Anathemani@c

Written by Guest on 18.08.2006 at 01:44

Sarissa is a mesopotamian progressive power metal band from Greece...they have a troubled history...they released their first album in 1987 but broke up...another Sarissa album was recorded in 1994 but with a completely different line up...they returned again in 2004 and put out the impressivly consistant, melodic, forceful, heavy guitar-driven power-prog album Master of Sins with a mesopotamian edge...this album doesn't let up right from the beginning to the end...Sarissa have a great future ahead of them if they play their cards right, no more inner problems in the band ensue and they keep making fantastic albums throughout the years to come...so who here has heard of this fantastic band?

I know them! Their guitarist is a friend of mine, but unfortunatelly haven't heard anything. I had once heard their first alboum but I don't remember anything. Although they are a very good band for Greece. I ll try to download the last alboum to hear them again.
----
Trapped in time
A miracle of hope and change
A swirling mass, no mercy now
If the truth hurts prepare for pain
......Do you think we 're forever???
26.08.2006 - 15:19
Anathemani@c

There is only one thing I would like to say about Sarissa : They need to look after their vocals..
----
Trapped in time
06.10.2006 - 12:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Anathemani@c on 26.08.2006 at 15:19

There is only one thing I would like to say about Sarissa : They need to look after their vocals..

I had hera only one song of them and I think vocalist are great
I know thay are from Hellas but this mamber Chris Mamalitzidis - Guitar (Demo 87) is he greek? he has greek surname but nme

song what I kno are ''King Of All Kings ''

BTW in one band mamber has surname Illiapolou :rollin:
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.10.2006 - 23:14
Anathemani@c

Written by Bad English on 06.10.2006 at 12:15

I know thay are from Hellas but this mamber Chris Mamalitzidis - Guitar (Demo 87) is he greek? he has greek surname but nme

Yes he is from Greece too. The greek name Christos is Chris in english
----
Trapped in time
09.10.2006 - 23:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Anathemani@c on 09.10.2006 at 23:14

Written by Bad English on 06.10.2006 at 12:15

Yes he is from Greece too. The greek name Christos is Chris in english

Oh Christos its sounds better I dont like names who has changed, and damn I still searching band where mamber was surneme how molotov dude
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
12.10.2006 - 00:31
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Personally I don't think that there is anythinh wrong with the vocals and that they are executed quite well...but that just goes with personal taste and is quite subjective...that is awesome that you know the guitarist...you should ask him about a new album when you talk to him again...
12.10.2006 - 10:04
Anathemani@c

Written by Guest on 12.10.2006 at 00:31

Personally I don't think that there is anythinh wrong with the vocals and that they are executed quite well...but that just goes with personal taste and is quite subjective...that is awesome that you know the guitarist...you should ask him about a new album when you talk to him again...

Well, it 's been a long time ago when I knew wherehe worked and it was the time before they reunite. Now I think that he hasturned his cd shop he had into a studio in the sam place just to record with Sarrisa. The funny is that he had that shop named Sarrisa!
----
Trapped in time
12.10.2006 - 18:48
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
What does Sarissa mean anyway...
16.10.2006 - 14:15
Anathemani@c

Written by Guest on 12.10.2006 at 18:48

What does Sarissa mean anyway...

Sarissa was a weapon that the old Macedonians used!
----
Trapped in time
17.10.2006 - 06:03
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Thanks man...I never would've guessed...that's kinda typical though eh? A power metal band named after a sword...
03.01.2010 - 05:19
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 03.01.2010 at 03:24

Written by Guest on 17.10.2006 at 06:03

Thanks man...I never would've guessed...that's kinda typical though eh? A power metal band named after a sword...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarissa

Way to raise a thread from the dead but thanks though
14.02.2013 - 14:44
georgesimeonidis

SARISSA were formed on april 1985 as a classic heavy metal band. It was the beginning of a long journey that made them the cultest band in the Hellenic metal scene. The band released their debut album titled "1987" in the same year, an album that has been marked as the band's early days trademark and remains a classic so far. This album will almost sign the band with the famous NOISE records. 6 years later, the band will release their self titled album making an impact and a breakthrough never seen before by a Hellenic band.

The re-release of their 1987 CD in cooperation with the Hellenic Heavy Metal Magazine "Metal Invader" which sold about 12000 copies. They supported Fates Warning, and March 2000 Sarissa headlined the Athens Power Metal Festival .In August 2004 they released their "Masters of sins" album. SARISSA were back on their feet AND the band continued their live performances with "Demon", "Ross the Boss" ,as well as with many local bands.
2012 marks the return of former singer George Hatzisimeonidis and the band is currently on a hellenic tour which started on 19/10/2012 when Sarissa was the opening act for Accept in Thessaloniki!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/page/384432254949009

http://www.reverbnation.com/

https://twitter.com/sarissa1985

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCttorZ8tstLgCRd2kdvoakA