Metal Storm logo
Powerwolf

03.07.2010 - 05:50
Sulac

I stumbled upon this band on Wikipedia while looking at a list of power metal bands. They look amusing and good, but, alas, my computer is malfunctioning and won't let me listen to them anywhere I try (speaker/audio jack issues). They don't seem to be very well known, either, so maybe this topic will call some attention to them.

Anyways, to those of you who actually know them, can you describe the sound of these guys, and if they are worth getting? (Lupus Dei is teh one I have my sights set on). I suppose this can also function as a general discussion page as well.
03.07.2010 - 08:25
ExtraHachse

Powerwolf are Power Metal. I think they are something special because the singer was a opera singer. Because of the organ they can make a dark a atmosphere. I saw them live. they were great. Attila has such a strong voice you could clearly understand him.
----
I like Powerwolf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
03.07.2010 - 13:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
More king diamon n mercifull fate rip of in pm version
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
03.07.2010 - 13:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Irritable Ted on 03.07.2010 at 13:23

Written by Bad English on 03.07.2010 at 13:10

More king diamon n mercifull fate rip of in pm version

Yeah, can't argue with you there.

and image are same
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
03.07.2010 - 15:13
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Hail, St. Satan!

----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

03.07.2010 - 16:47
Sulac

I've finally found a computer with speakers, tell the Gods thankee, and listened to Powerwolf. Haha, these guys are pretty good. They seem like a very parody-ish take on the dark gothic themology of most bands, and while they have a dark tone, they also have a deliciously cheesy tone as well. I must say, I'm ordering Lupus Dei as soon as I can get my hands on some fundage.
04.07.2010 - 00:06
Jujitsu-man
Ready to ROCK
Written by Irritable Ted on 03.07.2010 at 12:32

Romanian power metal, sounds like music from an old horror film, very atmospheric, but also the vocals are really over the top. Newest album definitely the best one.

I agree with that, their last release is one of my favourites from last year, a power-metal must-have, totally.
04.07.2010 - 06:02
Sulac

There's a crapton of power metal bands I want to get. Cryonic Temple, Firewind, SpellBlast, Winds, Altaria, Freedom Call, Theocracy, Icarus Witch, Virgin Steele, and Winters' Bane. But Powerwolf heads the list.
04.07.2010 - 20:22
Malevolent-Jim

I've only stumbled upon this band today.When I saw the picture of them I couldn't help laugh as they looked almost as ridiculous as your standard black metal band.

Upon actually listening to them I found them rather enjoyable.They're like a more atmospheric and symphonic version of Sabaton.I think people might argue that niether of these bands singers sound alike,but Sabaton's vocalist was the person who popped into my head.
05.07.2010 - 04:50
Sulac

Written by Malevolent-Jim on 04.07.2010 at 20:22

but Sabaton's vocalist was the person who popped into my head.

I can understand that, actually.

Both are kind of a deeper, raspier vocal as opposed to the higher vocals of, say, Blind Guardian
05.07.2010 - 23:52
Sulac

Lots. Regional slang, I guess.
09.09.2010 - 22:21
KryiisKarl

Written by Irritable Ted on 03.07.2010 at 12:32

Romanian power metal, sounds like music from an old horror film, very atmospheric, but also the vocals are really over the top. Newest album definitely the best one.

----------------------------------

In fact they are from Germany. Attila is a pseudonym, and it is only for the joke that he pretended to be from Transylvania or something. In fact Powerwolf is 100% german and all members of the band were before that playing under the name of Red Aim, excellent stoner rock band, spiced with their great sense of humour. Considering my tastes I regret Red Aim but Powerwolf is pretty serious in the genre I guess...but they are not to be taken at all on 1st degree
Attila (or Dr.Rogers) is a very talented vocalist for sure.
----
Over my head I hear music.
15.07.2015 - 01:42
MLivePro

----
Visit http://m-livepro.com/ for everything we do. We've just started hosting gigs, keep your eye on what we do!!