05. Angels
06. Love Strikes Like Lightning
07. Glimmer
08. Roller Coaster
09. Down In Diamonds
10. Velvet Noose
11. Roxy
12. Good Times

Don't think that I'm not overacting if I say that a lot of people believed that Warrant was a dead band. But you know, sometimes we have nice surprises and lately I heard that the American combo wanted to do a come back. Well, it wasn't a joke and now, they're in the place with a new excellent album of Hard Rock. Nostalgic or not, if you like this kind of music, don't miss their new release, "Born Again" is a great surprise, a great come back.

First, I think that I have to talk about the turnover in the line up. Well Warrant is back but with a new singer Jaime St Jaimes (really good by the way) but this is also the return of Joey Allen, one of their first guitarists and Steven "Sweet" Chamberlain (first drummer). So let's say that except the singer, we're just in front of the real Warrant and evidently the fans will be happy to know it.

This little explanation is closed now and I will talk about the music. One more time I won't even talk about originality because when it comes to Hard Rock anyway, it's hard to see something new, but of course it doesn't mean that everything is good and acceptable. But no worries, "Born Again" is an excellent surprise and I'm sure that this record won't disappoint you. First, Warrant still plays a cool Hard Rock, but they knew how to remove the "old" musical arrangements of their music in this release which mean that "Born Again" sounds modern!. Of course it's Hard Rock, of course there is also a lot of really melodic riffs and choruses but the production is excellent and at the end these compositions sounds modern yes!. I don't have the feeling that I'm listening to an old band who tried to do a (bad) come back, they always play their own music but with a lot of improvements.

Composed of fast songs, mid tempos ones and ballads, "Born Again" is varied and features a lot of hits. Yeah it's Hard FM sometime but well it's not cheesy and well anyway, if like me, you started your Metal history with Hard Rock, I'm sure that you'll be happy to find again all the ingredients (only the good ones) of a good sauce.

Warrant is like good old bourbon. With time it's better, and I hope that you'll have the luck to "taste" this excellent "Born Again". Nice come back I'm already waiting for their next album to see if they will be able to confirm my super feelings but well when I listen to this album, I already know that it should be great. Finally, a come back that deserves to be celebrated!

Rating breakdown
Performance: 9
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 7
Production: 8

Written by Jeff | 20.05.2006

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 16 users
05.07.2010 - 00:35
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Actually this album is pretty enjoyable and surprisingly good; they have kinda the samey sound as another 80s hard rock band - Night Ranger and came back too.

Hits total: 5847 | This month: 5