Metal Storm logo
Dark Moor

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 18.08.2006 - 13:18
I feel that this thread needed to be created for this band, especially since I enjoy every single one of their releases, but one of the very distinct and sharp differences that remains at the centre is the decision to find a far different vocalist after the departure of their original vocalist, which is yet another reason I decided to post this topic, wanting to know what you like about this band as well as the decision to select a replacement vocalist that is far removed from the brilliant Elisa Candelas Martin, so please give me your thoughts as to what you think about this band...
09.10.2007 - 23:47
duyhung
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 09.10.2007 at 16:07

I only have their latest album 'Tarot' and i must say that i am really impressed. It is such a brilliant album, and reading what everyone has said in this forum makes me wanna check out some of their old stuff with their old singer, i look forward to it

On the 'Tarot' album my favourite songs would have to be 'Lovers' and 'Devil In The Tower', its just an all round great album

|m|(>_<)|m|

Try to find "Hall Of The Olden Dreams" and "Gates Of Oblivion" , true masterpieces, 2 of the best power metal albums ever.

About their later albums with Alfred on vocals, i have to say that i never liked them. Alfred's voice is good but maybe there are some problems with the music, it just goes boring after the first few songs
10.10.2007 - 01:56
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
I still have to hear Hall Of The Olden Dreams, but i agree 'Gates Of Oblivion' is awesome. I also like their EP (though almost an album) 'Between Light And Darkness', its not really metal, but still has that distinct sound, quite orchestrated and Symphonic.
10.10.2007 - 03:04
APOHAKC
The Bard
I haven't heard whole Tarot yet
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
10.10.2007 - 16:14
TheGrandDevilry
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 09.10.2007 at 23:47

Written by Guest on 09.10.2007 at 16:07

I only have their latest album 'Tarot' and i must say that i am really impressed. It is such a brilliant album, and reading what everyone has said in this forum makes me wanna check out some of their old stuff with their old singer, i look forward to it

On the 'Tarot' album my favourite songs would have to be 'Lovers' and 'Devil In The Tower', its just an all round great album

|m|(>_<)|m|

Try to find "Hall Of The Olden Dreams" and "Gates Of Oblivion" , true masterpieces, 2 of the best power metal albums ever.

About their later albums with Alfred on vocals, i have to say that i never liked them. Alfred's voice is good but maybe there are some problems with the music, it just goes boring after the first few songs

Yeah righto i will do that. Dark Moor are great with Alfred i think he is great with this band, but thats just my opinion
I dont think the Tarot album is boring though it is one of my favourite albums this year.
10.10.2007 - 16:15
TheGrandDevilry
Account deleted
Written by APOHAKC on 10.10.2007 at 03:04

I haven't heard whole Tarot yet

You should it is freaking brilliant, Alfred is great with the band on this album
11.10.2007 - 03:54
APOHAKC
The Bard
Thanx, I'll may decide to take a listen to Tarot soon
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
13.10.2007 - 11:01
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
Dark Moor is my favorite band from spain along with Red Wine and Saratoga they are really good they dont have a bad song my favorite albums are, Gates of oblivion,dark moor and tarot
----
Stay Metal !!!
13.10.2007 - 14:33
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by APOHAKC on 11.10.2007 at 03:54

Thanx, I'll may decide to take a listen to Tarot soon

You will not regret that decision I think. I really like that album...there are so many great songs. A real pleasure for the ears
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
14.10.2007 - 05:15
Mustis
Account deleted
i knew this band with before the duel, i liked a lot that song and i download all discography, the last album "tarot" is awesome, like a lot the song the moon with pieces of bethovens songs. really cool. Excellent spanish band. Its really nice to hear this band
15.10.2007 - 13:28
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
i think they were better with elisa on vocals but well Beyond the sea and Tarot are good albums..
specially tarot you must hear

The Star,Wheel Of Fortune,Devil In The Tower and The Emperor ... really good tracks
----
Stay Metal !!!
09.01.2008 - 04:57
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
I want a moustache like enrik Garcia! A genius about music and his compositions are like listening mozart in metal hehehe, and i'm not saying that because their Amadeus song. My favorite album: At The Gates Of Oblivion.
09.01.2008 - 12:56
Opium
Account deleted
IMO, Tarot lacked variation, something they were just beginning to harness on their other releases with Alfred. Both vocalists are equal in skill, too, both fitting the styles Dark Moor have and do play
02.04.2008 - 21:20
Destryphior
Worlds Greatest Harry Potter metal band.. You have to love them. personally I prefer Alfred's vocals, but it's just what I'm used to as Dark Moor was my first album with them. My favorite song is absolutely Vivaldi's Winter. It's fantastic..
12.07.2008 - 05:42
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I'm re-listening to the albums again, The Hall Of the Olden Dreams and Gates of Oblivion are IMO their best...
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
03.03.2009 - 02:49
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
Hey, has anyone heard their latest album, "Autumnal" yet? From what I heard, it's just superb! I enjoyed some tracks on "Tarot," but, this disc seems to be the culmination of all the ideas they've had in the last years, topped off with a killer production. Surely going to be a contender to be in my top lists for 2009 already!
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
06.03.2009 - 04:19
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
I have... like 3 times already since getting my hands on it a week ago. v impressive indeed. I enjoyed every track, with Swan Lake and Faustus probably being my favourite
----
loves 小巫
06.03.2009 - 04:28
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
Written by Ag Fox on 06.03.2009 at 04:19

I have... like 3 times already since getting my hands on it a week ago. v impressive indeed. I enjoyed every track, with Swan Lake and Faustus probably being my favourite

Yes, definitely "Faustus" is one of my choices as well. It starts off immediately and is great until the end. I am impressed with the amount of memorable melodies on this whole album. Every song seems to be a contender for something that can get imbedded in my head for hours after I've turned the stereo off

I'm eagerly awaiting my CD/shirt package from the band so I can sit down with the lyrics and such, and of course show off the intriguing artwork
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
06.03.2009 - 14:54
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
Don't think the artwork of autumnal is THAT impressive... Tarot looks more attention demanding and mystical imo
but such stuff is always subjective
----
loves 小巫
13.03.2009 - 12:50
DarkMoor99
Account deleted
I really love the songs 'Swan Lake' and 'The Sphinx'. Very powerful and epic.
21.03.2009 - 19:16
ms68
i'm sure i listend the first melody of On The Hill Of Dreams somewhere else but the problem is don't know where. even about some melodies and riffs of other tracks i have this feeling too.i doubt about originality of this album. have u this problem too???
----
The more you eat, the more you shit
No matter what you eat, it all turns to shit
08.04.2009 - 17:41
Konrad
Mormon Storm
I think that their latest album shows progression, but it seems like they put all their effort into only the first song...the rest of the album was pretty boring. If their next album actually has 10 "swan lakes" on it, it'll be revolutionary...because nobody does Baroque solos like Dark Moor. Also, they should have the female vocalist on all of the songs.
----
Brujerizmo!
08.04.2009 - 17:50
AuroraShadows
Account deleted
I haven't heard much from the new album yet, just like.. one song.. would any of you guys think their Tarot album was better than Autumnal?
09.04.2009 - 11:58
Eeric
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 08.04.2009 at 17:50

I haven't heard much from the new album yet, just like.. one song.. would any of you guys think their Tarot album was better than Autumnal?

It's much better IMO
10.04.2009 - 20:14
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
Written by Konrad on 08.04.2009 at 17:41

I think that their latest album shows progression, but it seems like they put all their effort into only the first song...the rest of the album was pretty boring. If their next album actually has 10 "swan lakes" on it, it'll be revolutionary...because nobody does Baroque solos like Dark Moor. Also, they should have the female vocalist on all of the songs.
Swan lake is an adapted version of Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake, so he's not really Baroque, rather in the Romantic period. Though this kind of music does appeal to me. Like in their Tarot album, The Moon is a medley of Beethoven's "greatest hits". Though I haven't listened to Vivaldi's Winter, I'm assuming it's Vivaldi's Four Season's with a twist, but this time Vivaldi really comes from the Baroque era.

I v much agree with you that more female +male duets is desired

Written by Guest on 08.04.2009 at 17:50

Nope, i don;t think so anyway. you should give it a shot first. Try online sources if you are unsure whether to buy it or not
----
loves 小巫
11.04.2009 - 11:10
annodomini
Autumnal, is really far better than Tarot. It has unique atmosphere, a masterful songwritting. Its like a metal musical.
----
the riddle wants to be...
16.04.2009 - 12:17
DarkMoor99
Account deleted
I think 'The Hall Of Olden Dreams' and 'Autumnal' are the best. They are totally different, but I both like it.
17.04.2009 - 19:48
DouX_SW
Account deleted
I first heard of them when playing Frets on Fire, the song: Vivaldi's Winter and i was amazed, then i readed thet they were from spain and the singer was a woman, that amazed me much more nd im very interested in them but i still dont have nothing more from them, just Vivaldi's Winter
10.09.2009 - 20:17
I am not very much interested in their previous materials, but Autumnal blew me away. It is just beyond awesome.
----
"Elminster this, Elminster that. Give *me* 2000 years and a pointy hat and I'll kick his arse!"
10.09.2009 - 21:34
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
Written by Edwin Odesseiron on 10.09.2009 at 20:17

I am not very much interested in their previous materials, but Autumnal blew me away. It is just beyond awesome.
Haven't you tried "Tarot", the album before "Autumnal"?
----
loves 小巫
10.09.2009 - 22:47
I listened to it, not bad but i am a little bit selective on power metal. Tarot was not bad, but Autumnal is awesome as for my taste.

BTW i have always been a huge fan of Tchaikosky's Swan Lake. Thus, the album gains more importance for me due to that cover.
----
"Elminster this, Elminster that. Give *me* 2000 years and a pointy hat and I'll kick his arse!"