Metal Storm logo
Therion - Snowy Shaw Leaves The Band, Back In The Band

Original news, published on 08.07.2010

Therion touring/session vocalist Snowy Shaw (his birth certificate reads Tommie Helgesson) has quit the band after four years, two studio albums, live DVD's and numerous tours around the world.

In a message to Blabbermouth.net, Snowy Shaw states: "I've had a terrific and great time touring and working with Therion and I do wish them nothing but the best in the future, but I've felt for some time that it's time for me to move on. I also wanna take the opportunity to show my gratitude and thank all the loyal fans for their support, love and understanding."

Shaw ? who has previously toured and/or recorded with Dream Evil, King Diamond, Mercyful Fate and Memento Mori, among other acts ? was forced to sit out this weekend's show with Therion at the Rock Harz Festival in Germany due to sickness. This would have been Snowy's last appearance with the band.

Snowy has written and co-written songs for the forthcoming Therion album, Sitra Ahra, which is scheduled for release in September through Nuclear Blast Records.

Shaw's departure from Therion will not affect the group's upcoming live appearances, as singer Thomas Vikström will handle Snowy's parts at the Rock Harz Festival and on the upcoming tours in South/Central America, Mexico and Europe.

UPDATE (thanks to Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk)

Swedish metallers Therion have announced that Snowy Shaw has rejoined the band and will perform on their upcoming tour.

Christofer Johnsson (guitar) stated: "We are very happy to announce that Snowy has rejoined Therion. We welcomed him back with open arms, and we will now be making a mix between the new show we had planned, and the last one which involved Snowy. We think the merger between the two concepts will be incredible, and we look forward to taking the band's live performance to the next level."

Therion will release their forthcoming album, Sitra Ahra, on September in Europe via Nuclear Blast Records.

Source: megatherion.com
Band profile: Therion
Posted: 26.08.2010 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 23   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 446 users
08.07.2010 - 12:35
wrathchild

That's worrying me a lot more than when Mats left. Shaw's talent and charisma were a huge part of all Therion shows I've attended within the last 4 years. I doubt Vikström alone will be able to make the crowd feel the same.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
08.07.2010 - 15:45
Warman
Erotic Stains
Why can't they play in Sweden?
I get free tickets to those concerts!
----
08.07.2010 - 16:14
Dominus
The Shooter
Holy shit!!
08.07.2010 - 18:21
timmoe

Written by Warman on 08.07.2010 at 15:45

Why can't they play in Sweden?

I agree.
08.07.2010 - 19:11
Nerevarine

Fuck... without Snowy and Mats Leven it will not be the same, both of them are terribly charismatic on stage. And Shaw's voice is almost irreplaceable
----
This Is Not Dead Which Can Eternal Lie, And With Strange Eons, Even Death May Die
08.07.2010 - 20:06
Marcus
Doit Like Bernie
Damn Therion's been goin through some turnover lately.
08.07.2010 - 20:48
Fane

^True. Hopefully the next album won't be a disappointment.
----
Coffee for power
Music for creativity
Sarcasm for fun
08.07.2010 - 22:54
jadawal

If there was a time for an unpar album by therion, this would be it I would say.
09.07.2010 - 03:45
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Written by jadawal on 08.07.2010 at 22:54

If there was a time for an unpar album by therion, this would be it I would say.

I think you meant to say sub-par. Yeah i agree, its only Chris left isn't it? Too much change. I don't think i've ever seen a band really survive with that many changes.
09.07.2010 - 07:15
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Oh, one of my all-time favorite bands is running out of members really fast, as someone said before, Snowy Shaw added a lot to Therion's shows, Thomas Vikström isn't a bad singer, in fact, he is very good, but he lacks of the presence of Snowy Shaw...

I hope they will find a top-notch replacement very soon, Mr. Johnsson is a very talented musician, so I think this won't affect too much the band's performance on their next releases, also, hopefully, he will be able to find great musicians to work with in the future.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
09.07.2010 - 07:35
Jan

Not many left from the "classic" period, but still; Christofer Johnsson IS Therion - as long as he is there, I'm sure interesting music will be made...
09.07.2010 - 07:36
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Don't worry, they'll find a better replacement, we all know who it is.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
10.07.2010 - 00:49
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
I don't. Gosh, I'm totally excited to see what Sitra Ahra will bring to us and who will Chris manage to recruit for the tour. I never liked Shaw, but I do agree his stage performance was really strong and charismatic (he and Leven were the stars of the show on the tour they did for Gothic Kabbalah. I'm just glad they're coming to Slovenia again, cause I'm anxious to see what's up next for Therion
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
10.07.2010 - 11:56
RhaegarTargaryen
Telcontar
Oh shit.
----
... For years I have traveled in coldness,
But my heart is warm as the darkened sun above me...
Nothing can never take away
What I've seen with these tired eyes
13.07.2010 - 14:55
Thryce
Retired Staff
Rumor on the interwebs is that he'll be Dimmu Borgir's new bassist.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
26.08.2010 - 01:41
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by LeChron James on 09.07.2010 at 07:36

Don't worry, they'll find a better replacement, we all know who it is.

Were we all right?
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
26.08.2010 - 03:04
Janne
Hugin
Wohooo I can hardly wait their tour! :)
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
26.08.2010 - 05:50
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Who cares who leaves and comes back into the band...let's just focus on the music...
26.08.2010 - 08:13
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Thryce on 13.07.2010 at 14:55

Rumor on the interwebs is that he'll be Dimmu Borgir's new bassist.

that lasted long...
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
26.08.2010 - 14:04
Shadowcross
The Summoner
Great news!!
27.08.2010 - 17:24
Vombatus
Potorro
Great ! Lives shows will be even better
27.08.2010 - 19:26
Legendary

Written by Irritable Ted on 14.07.2010 at 22:10

Go back to Dream Evil, he wrote some brilliant stuff.

Agreed!
----
And I like the way your lips turned legendary.
And I like the way the sun will come to light.
28.08.2010 - 18:46
ponderer

Snowy's work on King Diamond's The Eye is fucking amazing, and I was lucky enough to get to see him play live with Mercyful Fate on the Time tour in Minneapolis '95. Great drummer.

Hits total: 7258 | This month: 5