‹‹ Back to the General forum
Posts: 27  
Users visited: 74  
Search this topic:  


!J.O.O.E.!
________________

Posts: 12633
From: UK

  09.07.2010 at 15:30
A minute ago I was moaning about how I hate mainstream society and here I am talking about Twitter

Add each other, don't add each other etc. I recently un-privated mine for all to see:

www.twitter.com/Digital_Sneeze
----
Kennoth

Posts: 2302

Age: 22
From: Croatia

  09.07.2010 at 16:42
I'm perfectly happy with having account on only one social network
----
I like my coffee the way I like my metal: melodic and catchy.
vezzy
Stallmanite

Posts: 3490
From: Bulgaria

  09.07.2010 at 18:40
I find these social networking sites to be a waste of time, although Twitter is better than Facebook, as Facebook is like a human database when you think about it.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
!J.O.O.E.!
________________

Posts: 12633
From: UK

  09.07.2010 at 19:30
I guess I just assumed that, like me, people would have a large chunk of their (real life) friend base on their Twitters. I certainly would never recommend people get one unless they have a few people they know on it. It's fairly ideal for keeping appraised of what's going on in your immediate circle.

Nowadays I only use Facebook to keep up to date with events and arranging stuff with people. I don't update it at all now. Too many people I kind of know but never talk to.
----
Lucas
Mr. Noise

Posts: 13417

Age: 22
From: The Netherlands

  09.07.2010 at 19:35
I do have a Twitter account, but I don't use it. I might use it when I buy a smartphone, but then again, I'm definitely not the type that tweets 'woah just took a big dump lol'. I imagine 99% of the time I'll be to lazy to grab my phone and actually type the message.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
!J.O.O.E.!
________________

Posts: 12633
From: UK

  09.07.2010 at 19:38
Written by Lucas on 09.07.2010 at 19:35

I do have a Twitter account, but I don't use it. I might use it when I buy a smartphone, but then again, I'm definitely not the type that tweets 'woah just took a big dump lol'. I imagine 99% of the time I'll be to lazy to grab my phone and actually type the message.

Aye, unless you have some people that actually read what you put there isn't much point in it. I eventually deleted most the celebrities I followed as they were all pretty boring. I like them but I could less about their children etc.
----
wildchild
Warchild

Posts: 4640

Age: 29
From: Brazil

  11.07.2010 at 01:49
Twitter is taking my life.

Orkut and msn used to be my main social tools... but now, twitter is 98% of my time and facebook and real life is the other 2% hahaha xD

/henrygosuen
----
warchildpost.blogspot.com
!J.O.O.E.!
________________

Posts: 12633
From: UK

  11.07.2010 at 02:28
Written by wildchild on 11.07.2010 at 01:49

Twitter is taking my life.

Orkut and msn used to be my main social tools... but now, twitter is 98% of my time and facebook and real life is the other 2% hahaha xD

/henrygosuen

It's weirdly addictive isn't it :p
----
Ragana
Rawrcat

Posts: 4882

Age: 22
From: Latvia

  11.07.2010 at 02:35
Written by Kennoth on 09.07.2010 at 16:42

I'm perfectly happy with having account on only one social network

In other words, it's useless. I have had two accounts and deleted them both not so long time ago when realized I already use an alternative variant of Twitter - it's local, more fun and less crappy.
Elodie Artour
Slania

Posts: 1175
From: The Netherlands

  11.07.2010 at 04:25
I'm also on Twitter but I have created an account of mine there mainly because of musicians and other famous people who post important things, as well as interesting stuff there. I'm also thought (and expected) to be everywhere on the Internet, so I just had to create a profile there, too.

If anyone wants to add me, feel free to: http://twitter.com/ElodieArtour
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
wildchild
Warchild

Posts: 4640

Age: 29
From: Brazil

  11.07.2010 at 23:59
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 11.07.2010 at 02:28

Written by wildchild on 11.07.2010 at 01:49

Twitter is taking my life.

Orkut and msn used to be my main social tools... but now, twitter is 98% of my time and facebook and real life is the other 2% hahaha xD

/henrygosuen

It's weirdly addictive isn't it :p


hahhaha goddamn weirdly addictive hehehe
----
warchildpost.blogspot.com
Baz Anderson

Posts: 13138

Age: 26
From: UK

  08.12.2010 at 17:35
I finally created a Twitter thing to see what it is like (and if it has any point at all...)

Here is mine:

http://twitter.com/bazanderson88
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
  09.12.2010 at 04:39
Twitter seems to be really addictive...thank fuck I never got into it...I have an addictive personality...
Netherlander
Account deleted
  12.12.2010 at 00:11
Here is mine, i do however bitch about things mainly in Dutch.

http://twitter.com/kevindebie
Baz Anderson

Posts: 13138

Age: 26
From: UK

  13.12.2010 at 23:06
Ok, my Twitter doesn't exist any more because I turned it into the Metal Storm one - follow it!

http://www.metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php?topic_id=26760
BloodTears
Stella Artois

Posts: 9043

Age: 27
From: Portugal

  19.12.2010 at 23:53
I'm addicted to twitter for sa few months now. It's so fun. I don't have facebook or any other of those accounts. I just have twitter and it's good enough for me.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.
The Turbanator

Posts: 1697

Age: 27
From: Malaysia

  03.08.2011 at 22:56
Follow me! If you're into football (soccer) or music.

http://twitter.com/#!/SamritpalSingh
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
Kraken

Posts: 200

Age: 26
From: Spain

  07.08.2011 at 04:08
@krakenjaen

That's me. Follow me if you're into football, although almost everything I write on Twitter is in Spanish.
----
WARFARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ß
Problem?

Posts: 905

Age: 20
From: Canada

  31.01.2012 at 05:20
Started using it recently, I can definitely see how it can become addicting https://twitter.com/BQuinn_Trotter
----
My music blog - Updated as of 13/07/12

To live is to think - Cicero
Gonzo666

Posts: 1266

Age: 27
From: USA

  08.02.2012 at 20:12
I as well just started using this thing.
twitter.com/chadwickando
----
http://www.last.fm/user/ChadwickAndo
"In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity."
― Hunter S. Thompson
Ragana
Rawrcat

Posts: 4882

Age: 22
From: Latvia

  17.04.2012 at 03:42
I don't think I've seen the latter, but some people decide to unite Twitter and Facebook and then their status messages show up twice on my phone, and I fucking hate it.

and yeah, I have a Twitter account, limited to people who understand Latvian language.
BoxCar Willy
John Doe

Posts: 6852

Age: 17
From: Canada

  17.04.2012 at 03:55
@TannerHuotari

Mostly just random shit I think of.
----
Pop punk crusader
Cynic Metalhead
Atrocious Virgin

Posts: 3357

Age: 24
From: India

  16.08.2012 at 19:09
Follow me >>HERE.
----
BreadGod
Captain Virgin

Posts: 4091

Age: 23
From: USA

  18.11.2012 at 20:15
Here's my Twatter:
https://twitter.com/BreadGod1
----
Death Metal Bread
MAH BLAAGH
Quote:
Clearly your a virgin, go join captain virgin and the virginteers , the power is your lol
Fritillaria
Account deleted
  18.11.2012 at 21:45
I don't get the point in Twitter!
FinnishSammich

Posts: 144

Age: 17
From: Finland

  02.01.2013 at 06:57
https://twitter.com/IntraTEC96

Here's my account, follow if you want (in other words: PLEASE FOLLOW ME)
Empty Spaces
Unburied At Dusk

Posts: 776

Age: 27
From: USA

  07.01.2013 at 05:08
For years I bashed Twitter because I thought it was pointless (and probably 99% of it is) plus I didn't understand it well. But since I got a tablet, I installed the app and now I find myself following a bunch of actors, comedians, and anyone else I find interesting.

Advertise on Metal Storm


Login or register to post here.



Similar topics

Forum Topic Similarity Started
General forum I hate social media. 2.5 25.09.2009 by Conservationist
Site news and announcements Metal Storm is now on Twitter! 1.5 13.12.2010 by Baz Anderson
Extreme metal forum Social Black Yelling Indonesian Young Thrasher 1.5 21.09.2011 by Bonii
General website discussion Facebook and Twitter Buttons 1.5 09.10.2010 by Zombie
Reviews Panopticon - Social Disservices 1.5 19.12.2011 by Qube