Metal Storm logo
Draconian-like Bands

Original post

Posted by Behdaad, 10.07.2010 - 16:46
Hello people.
I'm a superfan of the Swedish Gothic Doom band Draconian.
Can you suggest me another bands like them?

Thanks a lot.
22.07.2010 - 18:00
Darko

Doom:vs,Tristania ,Trail of Tears ,Lethian Dreams, Saturnus,Silentium....these are some of my recomandations
----
live here and now...
22.07.2010 - 22:00
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Darko on 22.07.2010 at 18:00

Doom:vs,Tristania ,Trail of Tears ,Lethian Dreams, Saturnus,Silentium....these are some of my recomandations

I ddon't find Lethian Dreams, Saturnus and Doom:VS (although it has a draconian member in it, but imo is far better than Draconian) to have anything in common with Draconian.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.07.2010 - 00:11
Metallicazoom

Draconian is the best of all time ...... but there is a band I think nobody mention it " Wine from tears "

They're really such a great band

Regards,

Dio
----
There's no greater sorrow, than recall happiness in times of misery ......
24.07.2010 - 19:56
Behdaad
DEAD
Written by Metallicazoom on 23.07.2010 at 00:11

Draconian is the best of all time ...... but there is a band I think nobody mention it " Wine from tears "

They're really such a great band

Regards,

Dio

Thank you my friend. They're already one of my favorites.
----
As tyranny becomes normality;
We hang at the end of the rope.
27.07.2010 - 18:15
Perihellion

I recomend you Helevorn as well!!
28.07.2010 - 02:51
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Perihellion on 27.07.2010 at 18:15

I recomend you Helevorn as well!!

I would especially recommend this year's Forthcoming Displeasures. A grea piece of Gothic Doom and way bettr than anything Draconian have ever done.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.07.2010 - 15:06
InnerSelf
proofread free
Do not miss a chance to bash Draconian
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
29.07.2010 - 16:10
Behdaad
DEAD
Yes Marcel. Why are you trying to show Draconian a weak band?! I don't get it.
They're one of the best Gothic Doom bands ever, but you call any album of any band better than Draconian.

Can you tell me why?
----
29.07.2010 - 19:20
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Behdaad on 29.07.2010 at 16:10

Yes Marcel. Why are you trying to show Draconian a weak band?! I don't get it.
They're one of the best Gothic Doom bands ever, but you call any album of any band better than Draconian.

Can you tell me why?

Because I find Draconian horrendous to be honest. Well not every album is better than that of Draconian. I actually have a problem with most gothic doom bands.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.07.2010 - 22:41
Behdaad
DEAD
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.07.2010 at 22:00

I ddon't find Lethian Dreams, Saturnus and Doom:VS (although it has a draconian member in it, but imo is far better than Draconian) to have anything in common with Draconian.

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 28.07.2010 at 02:51

I would especially recommend this year's Forthcoming Displeasures. A grea piece of Gothic Doom and way bettr than anything Draconian have ever done.

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 29.07.2010 at 19:20

Because I find Draconian horrendous to be honest. Well not every album is better than that of Draconian. I actually have a problem with most gothic doom bands.

I can change your post in this way:
Because I find Draconian horrendous to be honest. Well almost %99.99 of albums are better than that of Draconian. I actually have a problem with one of gothic doom bands called Draconian
----
29.07.2010 - 23:11
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Behdaad on 29.07.2010 at 22:41

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.07.2010 at 22:00

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 28.07.2010 at 02:51

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 29.07.2010 at 19:20

I can change your post in this way:
Because I find Draconian horrendous to be honest. Well almost %99.99 of albums are better than that of Draconian. I actually have a problem with one of gothic doom bands called Draconian

Imo Saturnus don't play gothic doom and neither does doom: VS So from those posts it is only Helevorn and Lethian Dreams I find better than Draconian.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

11.08.2010 - 14:45
Perihellion

I really like Draconian, especially "Arcane Rain Fell", but I think there are a very nice bands in a similar vein, don't stop with Draconian! I also understand if you think Draconian is the best...
17.08.2010 - 02:16
Cordell

I strongly recommend a band from Turkey called Kathastrophobia ...i Think they are the best of Gothic/Doom Metal
18.08.2010 - 16:08
Wishmaster
Account deleted
Check those bands out:

Ava Inferi, Elegeion, Chalice, Sonata Nocturna, Even Vast, The Sins Of Thy Beloved, Depressed Mode is amazing too.
04.02.2011 - 15:16
Night Sight

Draconian is unique
but you can try shape of despair,tristania,theatre of tragedy,wine from tears,katatonia,sirenia,mourning beloveth,doom:vs
----
Alone in birth
Alone in the darkness
Alone in death
Alone in the daylight
22.01.2015 - 21:51
WraithZero

Written by Behdaad on 10.07.2010 at 19:55

Written by Sulvrot on 10.07.2010 at 18:53

In addition to what's been mentioned, look into The Sins of Thy Beloved, early Theatre of Tragedy, Dismal Euphony, Estatic Fear, early Lacrimas Profundere, Penumbra, and Trail of Tears. Also Shape of Despair if you can get into funeral doom. They're all great bands who use the whole "beauty and the beast" vocal style. I'd also look into Doom:VS (a project of Draconian's guitarist).

Thank you my friend.
I tried some of those bands before, like The Sins of Thy Beloved, Theatre of Tragedy etc.
But I'll try other bands.
Thank you again.

Will be checking those out. Anyone else know of any similar bands with a doomish/gothic "beauty and the beast" sound ? Also I'm listening to Rapture right now, sounds pretty close to what their latest album sounds like without the female vocals.
24.01.2015 - 18:41
CyberSymphony
Ollie
Some that may interest you:

Rise Of Avernus - L'appel du vide
Nox Aurea - Via Gnosis
Within Temptation - Enter
Via Mistica - Fallen Angels
Orkrist - Reginae Mysterium
24.01.2015 - 21:10
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
You can also check out Beseech.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
27.01.2015 - 01:45
Fist of Death

Where Lovers Rot is similar to Draconian
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEBTBxWgHhs
----
-
30.01.2015 - 01:28
ColdRail

Somewhat doomy/gothic:

Darkwell (Suspiria album)
The Third And The Mortal (Sorrow and Tears laid in Earth)
Ophelia (Do Sympathy with your fantasy)
Todesbonden (Sleep now quiet forest)
Avrigus (The Final Wish and The Secret Kingdom)
15.07.2015 - 19:02
A0

I signed up for this topic, thank you all. I'm addicted of Draconian myself along with some other different genres but Draconian always on top, specially on track "Death, come near me". So far I listened to a song of Nox Aurea on youtube and getting the original lossless albums, really amazing. Now I'm listening to Tales Of Dark but seems too heavy compared with a lot of solo. Out of the suggestions of @Disgraced and @Behdad K. Thank you a LOT. Sadly these kind of bands don't do many new albums .

OK I moved to Ashes You Leave, too light and to noisy, not like Draconian imo unfortunately. On reddit and @Carrion Misery suggested Swallow the Sun and they are very good and much similar to Draconian, I might be addicted to this one too ! at least this what I felt about the song Cathedral Walls. Getting their albums now. On yahoo answers I found years answer mentions The Sins of Thy Beloved and it turns out very nice but not much like Draconian maybe I'll give it a shot later.

A random suggestion came by from @Fist of Death ti try Where Lovers Rot and while the female voice is fantastic and the band itself is kinda like Draconian not that much compared to other suggestions but this band is GREAT and forced itself to take my interest so thanks mare for suggesting this. btw the full album on youtube even better than the one you posted.

So what I'm getting so far are Nox Aurea, Swallow the Sun and Where Lovers Rot (Only demo album exists for them and fully on youtube).
05.08.2015 - 15:16
ThePeacekeeper

Primordial lol, but that's just Doom, not much gothic I assume.
06.08.2015 - 02:22
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by ThePeacekeeper on 05.08.2015 at 15:16

Primordial lol, but that's just Doom, not much gothic I assume.

its not even a doom
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
08.08.2015 - 15:27
ThePeacekeeper

A doom? )
03.09.2015 - 02:39
deswesher

I suggest doom vs , swallow the sun , slumber, shining(v-halmstad) , tiamat , saturnus. you can possibly like these to.
----
fullblackreviews.com
06.01.2016 - 10:57
Weeping-Silence

Try out my band Weeping Silence. Anders (Draconian's vocalist) himself is our guest vocalist in one of the Albums. If you like us please like us on Metal Storm. Check out our new Album - Opus IV Oblivion, and if you like it, please rate it on metal storm as well . Thanks
29.03.2016 - 18:12
deadpiece

Check out Ocean Of Grief, from Greece. I suggest also the spaniards Evadne and of course the biggest melodic doom/death band of all (imo) Slumber