Metal Storm logo
Your favourite German Guitarist

Original post

Posted by ExtraHachse, 12.07.2010 - 00:42
Which one would you take if you had to deicide on the most skilled german guitarist in your opinion. If you chose Other explain who's you favourite. The guitarist can be russian or something else. You can vote for him as long as he plays in a german band(for example Victor Smolski and Mille Petrozza aren't german) or he is reallygerman.
I vote Victor Smolski because you only have to listen to him. He's amazing with Rage and solo. Then Matthias Jabs.

Poll

Who is the most skilled?

André Olbrich (Blind Guardian)
Mille Petrozza (Kreator)
Other
Uli Jon Roth (former Scorpions)
Victor Smolski (Rage/Avenger)
Rolf Kasparek (Running Wild)
Matthias Jabs (Scorpions)
Richard Kruspe (Rammstein)

Total votes: 107
07.08.2010 - 04:11
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Sodom and greatness are two words that will never go together. Their best albims are mediocre at best. Same for destruction bt and even kreator aren't too good. But at least by far the vest of three big teutonic thrash names. All german thrash is pretty lame to be honest. When they started out they tried to be like their American examples but failed miserably. But somehow currently they seem to be revered as some sort of gods when back in the days they were the laughing stock and rightly so.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

07.08.2010 - 04:39
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 07.08.2010 at 04:11

Sodom and greatness are two words that will never go together. Their best albims are mediocre at best. Same for destruction bt and even kreator aren't too good. But at least by far the vest of three big teutonic thrash names. All german thrash is pretty lame to be honest. When they started out they tried to be like their American examples but failed miserably. But somehow currently they seem to be revered as some sort of gods when back in the days they were the laughing stock and rightly so.

We'll just have to agree to disagree then.

I would agree that a lot of Destruction's 80's stuff was very generic. And I more enjoyed individual songs by them during that time as opposed to full albums. However, I would class "The Antichrist" and "Metal Discharge" as great albums. As for Sodom, I would say "Obsessed By Cruelty" is a terrible album. Though I cant imagine how any thrash fan could deny that an album like "Code Red" is leaps and bounds better in terms of quality compared to that wretched album.

Kreator "pretty lame"? Im going to have to totally disagree with that. lol "Pleasure To Kill", "Terrible Certainty" and "Coma Of Souls" are all classic albums IMO.
07.08.2010 - 10:51
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 07.08.2010 at 04:11

Persecution Mania and Agent Orange were good, IMO. Rest was mediocre (although M-16 is their best post-AO work), especially their self-titled. Seriously, I hate that album.
Also, I really doubt th
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
10.09.2010 - 16:42
Mountain King
K i K o
Matthias Jabs is the best of course! The legendary shredder of the Scorpions, then would come Uli Jon Roth. You also forgot Wolf Hoffmann of accept...
12.09.2010 - 16:17
Reza
Account deleted
Written by Mountain King on 10.09.2010 at 16:42

You also forgot Wolf Hoffmann of accept...

Have you ever listened to the Wolf Hoffmann "Classical" album ?
IMO he is a great guitarist and songwriter.
13.09.2010 - 03:28
Mountain King
K i K o
Written by Guest on 12.09.2010 at 16:17

Written by Mountain King on 10.09.2010 at 16:42

You also forgot Wolf Hoffmann of accept...

Have you ever listened to the Wolf Hoffmann "Classical" album ?
IMO he is a great guitarist and songwriter.

Yes i did listen to some songs. I love that guy, and his solos in Accept are simply awesome...