Uli Jon Roth (former Scorpions)
Victor Smolski (Rage/Avenger)
Rolf Kasparek (Running Wild)
Matthias Jabs (Scorpions)
Richard Kruspe (Rammstein)

Total votes: 107
12.07.2010 - 00:42
ExtraHachse

Which one would you take if you had to deicide on the most skilled german guitarist in your opinion. If you chose Other explain who's you favourite. The guitarist can be russian or something else. You can vote for him as long as he plays in a german band(for example Victor Smolski and Mille Petrozza aren't german) or he is reallygerman.
I vote Victor Smolski because you only have to listen to him. He's amazing with Rage and solo. Then Matthias Jabs.
----
I like Powerwolf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
12.07.2010 - 00:48
Angelic Storm
Melodious
What? Mille Petrozza was born in Germany wasnt he? lol

Anyways, Im going for Mille, even though he isnt as technically gifted as some other german guitarists. Mainly because he is a great rhythm guitarist. xD
12.07.2010 - 00:50
ExtraHachse

Written by Angelic Storm on 12.07.2010 at 00:48

What? Mille Petrozza was born in Germany wasnt he? lol

Anyways, Im going for Mille, even though he isnt as technically gifted as some other german guitarists. Mainly because he is a great rhythm guitarist. xD

Wasn't he Italian? I mean his name is not really a german one. I'm not sure but he has italian roots
----
12.07.2010 - 00:52
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by ExtraHachse on 12.07.2010 at 00:50
Wasn't he Italian? I mean his name is not really a german one. I'm not sure but he has italian roots

Yep, he does have Italian roots, which is where the name Petrozza comes from.

Im pretty sure he was born in Germany though. lol
12.07.2010 - 00:54
ExtraHachse

Quote:
Yep, he does have Italian roots, which is where the name Petrozza comes from.

Im pretty sure he was born in Germany though. lol

Okay, I guess you're right. So is Victor Smolski the only one on the list who isn't born in ghermany lol.
----
12.07.2010 - 00:58
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by ExtraHachse on 12.07.2010 at 00:54
Okay, I guess you're right. So is Victor Smolski the only one on the list who isn't born in ghermany lol.

Yep, I believe he is! lol

Id have gone for Victor if I hadnt picked Mille. His guitar work in Rage is just awesome. xD
12.07.2010 - 01:21
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Mille is one hell of a rhythm guitarist, my vote goes to the Kreator frontman !
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
12.07.2010 - 02:06
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Olbrich because he's a great rythmic guitarist, and he does pretty cool solos as well.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
12.07.2010 - 02:43
akvan

André Olbrich is the best
----
Think about it . Every generation gets some new frontier to tackle . Einstein got relativity , The Nasa cowboys got the moon . All the easy stuff is taken , Artificial consciousness is the next frontier !
12.07.2010 - 02:45
Winterthrone

You Forgot imporatnt guitarists man, and I don't want to vote for "Other" cause I think it sucks!
Kai Hansen
Rock n' Rolf
Mikael Weikath
Roland Grapow
Sascha Gernstner

Mille Petrozza....I want to concude that case. If you're born in a country,you grew up in that country and you live in this country, you're from that country. Basing your criteria on blood ancestry is quite ...well...Shocking to me.

And yeah he is an awesome rythm guitarist.
12.07.2010 - 03:07
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Yep, the Helloween guitarists all rule! I love Kai, but Roland is probably the most gifted of the Helloween guitarists! xD
12.07.2010 - 03:40
Got Mayhem?

I went with Andre because, as a guitarist, I absolutely worship (in an admiring way) his playing style. But if he wasn't on the list then it would be Uli without a doubt. That man plays in such a unique fashion you cannot help but to be impressed. Both amazing guitar players that deserve respect.
----
12.07.2010 - 03:47
Mountain King
K i K o
Matthias Jabs is the virtuoso! he's my favorite Guitarist in the world and in Germany, then comes Uli Jon Roth especially for his unique solo on Sails Of Charon...you also forgot the legend Wolf Hoffman from Accept. amazing guitarist by all standards...Roland Grapow is great so is Weikath and Kai. also Henjo Richter of Gamma Ray is amazing!
12.07.2010 - 03:54
KM1485

My vote for Mille Petrozza !!!
----
+++ I'm a slave to the power of Iron Maiden +++
12.07.2010 - 07:44
thesabbathfan

Petrozzas my first. why? because he knows how to fucking thrash and it never gets old
olbrich is a close second, i love his noodly soloing
----
12.07.2010 - 08:15
ExtraHachse

Written by Winterthrone on 12.07.2010 at 02:45

You Forgot imporatnt guitarists man, and I don't want to vote for "Other" cause I think it sucks!
Kai Hansen
Rock n' Wolf
Mikael Weikath
Roland Grapow
Sascha Gernstner

Mille Petrozza....I want to concude that case. If you're born in a country,you grew up in that country and you live in this country, you're from that country. Basing your criteria on blood ancestry is quite ...well...Shocking to me.

And yeah he is an awesome rythm guitarist.

First I thought Mille would come from Italia. but my mistake. And I cannot put every skilled guitarist in this list. That's impossible. I think Germany has so many great muisican if you make a list and put them all in the list it would be countless times bigger than mine. Rock n' Wolf? I only know Rock n' Rolf or Rolf Kasparek who is already in this list.
----
12.07.2010 - 08:23
ExtraHachse

Michael Schenker is one hell of a good guitarist, too.
----
12.07.2010 - 09:25
DayFly

Stupid poll. If you knew anything about guitar you would have hardly omitted Michael Schenker and Wolf Hoffmann in favor of Petrozza and Kruspe. At least as far as "skill" goes, which is a stupid way of measuring musicians in any case.
12.07.2010 - 10:06
ExtraHachse

Written by DayFly on 12.07.2010 at 09:25

Stupid poll. If you knew anything about guitar you would have hardly omitted Michael Schenker and Wolf Hoffmann in favor of Petrozza and Kruspe. At least as far as "skill" goes, which is a stupid way of measuring musicians in any case.

I'm Sorry of being so stupid lol.
Okay Kruspe was a bad idea but i wanted to see how much points he would get. Because i saw on an other website a similar thread where many people voted for him(probably because Rammstein is popular). I mean if you think a guitarist is missing in this list just write who is your favourite. I just put some guitarist in this list who aren't really that bad.
----
12.07.2010 - 11:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Viktor Smolsky orginaly came fromn Belarussia not Germany so, he's not GErman same like Im not greek :p
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
12.07.2010 - 11:22
ExtraHachse

Written by Bad English on 12.07.2010 at 11:08

Viktor Smolsky orginaly came fromn Belarussia not Germany so, he's not GErman same like Im not greek :p

But he plays in a german band and lives in germany so let him be an exception.
----
12.07.2010 - 11:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Stil doesn metter , where's Running Wild, Grave Digger, Accepts, and other good HM bands guitarists?
----

apos;'
[image]
12.07.2010 - 11:29
ExtraHachse

Written by Bad English on 12.07.2010 at 11:26

Stil doesn metter , where's Running Wild, Grave Digger, Accepts, and other good HM bands guitarists?

Runing Wild is there. Rolf Kasparek or other people know him under the name Rock N' Rolf. Grave Digger? Manni Schmidt for example? And i'm sorry I've never listened to Accept before.
----
12.07.2010 - 11:32
JunN_Vai

Andy Gutjahr from Tankard. I love when he played in album B-Day...
12.07.2010 - 11:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I saw list but still its those moust popular bands , there no other bands, because Rammstein totaly diferent style music, how you choose how fill polls whit what guitarists?
----

apos;'
[image]
12.07.2010 - 11:58
ExtraHachse

Written by Bad English on 12.07.2010 at 11:34

I saw list but still its those moust popular bands , there no other bands, because Rammstein totaly diferent style music, how you choose how fill polls whit what guitarists?

Sorry, my english is bad. I didn't understand much :-):noidea:
----
12.07.2010 - 12:09
RhaegarTargaryen
Telcontar
Kai Hansen ofc, the one, only, and probably most influential guitarist when it comes to power metal.

1. Kai Hansen
2. Marcus Siepen & Andre Olbrich
4. Piet Sielck
----
... For years I have traveled in coldness,
But my heart is warm as the darkened sun above me...
Nothing can never take away
What I've seen with these tired eyes
12.07.2010 - 12:25
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Michael Schenker not even mentioned in the options to vote on? What the fuck? He is one of the best, if not the best, and one of the most important German guitarists ever.
The only one up to his level is Uli Jon Roth.
Having the Rammsteing guy in the poll is just laughable.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

12.07.2010 - 12:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
ExtraHachse - Martcel explain what I try say about Rammstein
IM glad Axel Ritt is not here
----

apos;'
[image]
12.07.2010 - 13:11
ExtraHachse

Written by Bad English on 12.07.2010 at 12:28

ExtraHachse - Martcel explain what I try say about Rammstein
IM glad Axel Ritt is not here

Okay I understood. But in a former comment i explained why i put him in. I was interested who would vote him. I don't see him as a guitar legend, too. And I'm sorry that i forgot Michael Schenker. I also like Kai Hansen. I like the other Helloween guitarist, too. Roland, Sascha and Michael.
----