Metal Storm logo
Amberian Dawn - Sign To Spinefarm Records

Spinefarm Records has signed Finnish metal act Amberian Dawn. Their third album End Of Eden will be released on October 20th.

Led by songwriter Tuomas Seppälä, in 2008 the band released their debut album River Of Tuoni, which was followed up with The Clouds Of Northern Thunder in 2009. Amberian Dawn have done 2 European tours with Epica and a new tour is in the plans after the album's release.

The band is no stranger to radio play either - Iron Maiden's Bruce Dickinson praised the band's music after they had toured the UK and gave AD lots of air time on his show on BBC6 during the release of The Clouds Of Northern Thunder. Music of Amberian Dawn is bombastic and melodic, singer Heidi Parviainen has been gifted with a magnificent voice that makes Amberain Dawn stand out from the ever growing crowd of operatic metal. Heidi is also responsible for the lyrics which are based on Finnish mythology.

Tuomas describes this new album to be heavier than its predecessors with a bigger, more polymorphic sound. Keyboard wizard Jens Johansson (famed for his work with for example Stratovarius and Yngwie Malmsteen's Rising Force) guest stars on the album as reported earlier.

Source: spinefarm.fi
Band profile: Amberian Dawn
Posted: 12.07.2010 by BudDa

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 18 users
13.07.2010 - 01:00
Elodie Artour
Slania
Congrats to the band! Spinefarm Records is a very big and important European metal label. I hope they'll do their best for Amberian Dawn.
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
13.07.2010 - 12:02
Shadowcross
The Summoner
Good news all round I think.. I really liked the last album! and Jens is the master so some good solos i'm sure!
18.07.2010 - 00:32
Almagest

I'm happy to see that they're getting more exposure, and that legends like Jens and Bruce are fans and support them

Hits total: 2384 | This month: 3