Metal Storm logo
Ayreon

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 17.05.2006 - 18:39
The huge famous project of Arjan Lucassen.

Also the mastermind of Stream Of Passion and Star One and Ambeon and a lot other bands.
But IMO his best thing he does it Ayreon.

I guess it doesn't need more introduction.

Personally his best albums are: The Human Equation and Into The Electric Castle because they're both very well balanced.

Go on please...
25.11.2009 - 00:25
Bas
Retired Staff
elite
At the moment I'm seriously into The Universal Migrator Part I. I've always enjoyed some songs off that one (especially One Small Step) but right now I'm totally loving every single track on it, the story behind it etc.

One Small Step, The First Man On Earth and My House On Mars are nothing short of masterpieces if you ask me.
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
06.10.2016 - 17:29
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
New album in 2017.

06.10.2016 - 21:10
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 06.10.2016 at 17:29

New album in 2017.

Gee, thanks for the heads up dude!

Probably I guess this is the only time I miss Erik, to enjoy this moment with. Also the music for the clip is very Guilt machine-like which will be a very good change for Ayreon if it goes that way. Lets see.
26.11.2016 - 10:06
angel_heart
Arjen is amazing, as a song writer and also seems like such a lovable and down to earth dude. And Ayreon is indeed his best work, my favourites are Universal Migrator 1 and 01011001, but any of the others could win a race in front of a lot other good albums from a lot other bands.

And I'm insanely jealous of those living in The Netherlands who were able to go easily to The theater equation and now the new tour with all the best voices in metal.
08.04.2017 - 09:14
Arjen's new record is shaping up to be something I can't wait for. Man, Ayreon kicks ass. I found their music years ago, and it never gets old.
----
Power metal incarnate.
08.04.2017 - 15:38
Metren
Dreadrealm
Ayreon got old over a decade go imo. As much as I admire and like Arjen for pulling off things like Into The Electric Castle and getting all those vocalists to not just appear, but to shine, nothing he's done has been that good since around 2005 or so. Stream of Passion is just terribly boring and the two latest Ayreon albums have been way too obviously recycled from his earlier material.
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
09.04.2017 - 04:55
Written by Metren on 08.04.2017 at 15:38

Ayreon got old over a decade go imo. As much as I admire and like Arjen for pulling off things like Into The Electric Castle and getting all those vocalists to not just appear, but to shine, nothing he's done has been that good since around 2005 or so. Stream of Passion is just terribly boring and the two latest Ayreon albums have been way too obviously recycled from his earlier material.

I don't know. Their most recent epic is looking pretty good. Plus, I like that the lyrics tell an elaborate story as opposed to... fragmented pieces of social commentary or love songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFuMKdrzPqU
----
Power metal incarnate.
09.04.2017 - 14:32
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
I've been listening to a lot of Ayreon lately, giving some of the more neglected albums more spins and finally giving The Theory of Everything a proper chance. Turns out it's one of his weaker albums. I'm still looking forward to the next one though. He's got a great cast lined up.

Into the Electric Castle (the one I started with) remains my favourite.