Metal Storm logo
How Many Musicians Have You Ever Met?

Original post

Posted by Raiden, 19.08.2006 - 03:49
What musicians have you met? I've only ever met a couple of musicians from Australian bands. I think meeting the guitarist from Gospel Of The Horns was the best. Share your band member meetings with us!
28.02.2007 - 19:31
Zenzero
Zenzero
Written by Doc G. on 28.02.2007 at 03:29

Written by Zenzero on 28.02.2007 at 03:10

sadly I say that the only one I met was Uli Kusch (masterplan helloween gamma ray....)
he signed my ticket and I have a photo with him....

I don't know if it's important say that I met rob rock too.....

Do you mean Rob Rock as in that christian metal singer or Bob Rock the record producer?

Rob rock the singer..... He signed my ticket!!!But I don't listen his music.... I know only one song of him!!
28.02.2007 - 20:52
Bloody Rain
I Am The Night
Here is a list of the musicians that I have met:

Cannibal Corpse - All of them except for Rob Barrett. They are really nice guys.
Behemoth - I met Nergal and Inferno and talked to them for a little bit.
Gwar - I met Beefcake twice.
Opeth - I met all of the members of this group and they signed a shirt.
Strapping Young Lad - I met Gene and Devin.
Cryptopsy - Flo Mounier. It was only a quick handshake and a compliment from me.
Dew Scented - Leif Jensen. I was drunk and had a rather fun conversation with this guy. Afterwards I hugged him.

I think that's about it.
01.03.2007 - 03:58
evilpman666
Account deleted
I've met all of megadeth, slayer, and symphony x, walked past mastodon after a show on unholy alliance on the way back from mcdonalds, but dint really take the time to stop and talk to em or anything, not a big mastodon fan...
15.03.2007 - 09:01
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
I just met Rex Brown (Down, ex-Pantera bassist), he signed my denim vest and I accidently made him slip in the snow and drop his cell phone. it was cool.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
16.03.2007 - 02:18
HauntingNazareth
Account deleted
I've only met the singer for Drop Dead, Gorgeous. He was pretty cool. Haha, he bought me a drink. =D
18.03.2007 - 00:10
necrovamp
hm , the lead singer of evergrey, i had a drink or 6 wiht him at bloodtock open air that was cool, erm the whole of conquest of steel that was fun, thats about it, unless you count bedroom musicins, i know loads of them!
----
'I'd rather die than go to heaven' - Murderface
22.03.2007 - 22:22
Hellrat
Account deleted
I have met all of lamb of god, oderous from gwar, Alex Webster and Corpsegrinder from Cannible Corpse, and just recently i met Jim Root and me and a buddy got some cigerettes from Corey Taylor he is a really awsome dude. actually all of these guys are pretty cool and down to earth. Oderous was hilarious because he was in character and everything fucking awsome.
22.03.2007 - 22:40
I aM YoUr SiN
well, not much... the city i live is not very big and not many celebrities come here... i saw Uriah Heep and Nazareth on a concert, but the were far from me... I have seen some bulgarian singers ( well they think that they are singers... ) ... thath's all...
----
My Lord, let me come to you, let me become what my child thinks I am
In you is the beauty of the world, of which death made me an artist
My Lord, let me come to you, let me become what my child thinks I am...
23.03.2007 - 09:18
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
haha , nice thread

I met whole Enslaved gang , and thats it !!
24.03.2007 - 15:27
Carrion
Account deleted
I don't remember how many well-known musicians I've met, but I recently had the chance to meet Tommi Salmela from Tarot, and hear what he thinks about our band. It was a good moment, and useful also
24.03.2007 - 17:16
Anathemani@c
I 've met all Anathema members, Paradise Lost, Duncan Patterson (ex-Anathema bassist, ex-Antimatter, ION), Sean Jude(Leafblade), Gus-G from Firewind and the Sarissa guitarist. There are also some more, but I can't remember them right now...
----
Trapped in time
A miracle of hope and change
A swirling mass, no mercy now
If the truth hurts prepare for pain
......Do you think we 're forever???
25.03.2007 - 19:51
buki of steel
Crystal Ann
emmm....
nevermore,destruction,sepultura,soulfly,stratovarius,exodus,hypocrisy (whole band)
25.03.2007 - 22:03
Necronomicon
Account deleted
my big brohter has meet and talked to the bass player of queens of the stoneage but i have never meet any famous artist
25.03.2007 - 23:57
Endoftherainbow
Just last night after the Heaven and Hell show I met Kirk Windstein of Down which was really kick ass because he is one of my favorite guitar players. Also saw Tony Iommi but he didn't come over and talk to us he just smiled and waved.
28.03.2007 - 23:17
Sunioj
Haha, I met the bassist of orphaned land....we talked about DM and he recommended that I listen to Centinex and thats pretty much it but the drummer from the same band teachs one of friends drums.
03.05.2007 - 18:42
Graveheart
I bought two albums (Ulver and Red Sparowes) today from a local music record store and recognised a slightly familiar face behind the counter. Only afterwards I realised that the clerk there was Juha Raivio who plays guitar in the Swallow the Sun line-up. It could be possible that he actually works there too. Swallow the Sun is (at least internationally) the most famous metal band around where I live.
10.06.2007 - 20:37
ToCSiN
Account deleted
I barely can count them i used to interview bands for my website so try to imagain how many yourself, but i would say the best one was when i met Steve Harris, damn i admire that dude, he is my fav bassist ever.
11.06.2007 - 07:59
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Well, I didnt meet him but my girlfriend got hit on by Jean-Francois Dagenais from Kataklysm and he started like grabbing her ass when they were opening for Dimmu a month back, it was sweet because he was sitting on the merch table and he pulled her in and started like grabbing her ass and then hes like "So how old are you?" and she replied with "too young!" and walked over to me and started making out with me about 10 feet away, I just found this out like yesterday. Its cool to know I got a chick a rockstar couldnt even get. Dr.Rock-1 point Kataklysm-Not getting laid!
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
11.06.2007 - 08:08
iaberis
Advice Troll
From what I remember, I've meet some guys from two bands. One band is Innosense, a local band from Larisa, Greece, they were doing support to Evergrey and I went to talk to them after the show and asked them to sign their demo. I also got the Evergrey members to sign my ticket, but I didn't really talk with them.
The last band I meet was NanowaR, when they came to Patras, to take their ship back to Italy. They came here from Athens and as a pure fan of them, I offered them to go out in a tavern to celebrate the end of their successful tour! So we had a nice talk, a nice dinner at a tavern and drunk some cheap greek wine!!! We actually sang some of their songs too... Great experience and great guys! I hope I'll meet them again one day!
----
Bitch! Please
11.07.2007 - 01:12
Cassandra
Account deleted
errr, so many... glen benton and deicide, immolation, skinless, will from mortician, the guitarist from leng tche hit on me, guys from suffocation, emperor, behemoth, i cant even think of them all.
11.07.2007 - 03:44
heresiarch
Forever Dead
Written by heresiarch on 07.09.2006 at 20:08

Written by heresiarch on 21.08.2006 at 20:27

I have met all the Sentenced boys
Tarot boys
Sova and Janne from Barathrum
Luttinen from Impaled Nazarene
Tony and Jani from Sonata Arctica
Jarkko and Arto from Teräsbetoni
Mitja and Ville from Moonsorrow
At Tuska Open Air Metal Festival I shook hands with some great metal persons
Members of Blind Guardian
Members of Pain
Members of COB

and very briefly shook hands with SAMOTH and IHSAHN YEEEY
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
11.07.2007 - 05:16
Baz Anderson
staff
um.. I have met/interviewed/talked with/shook hands whatever with members from:

Saxon (talked with all the members for a long time in a pub here in Lincoln)
Masterplan (interviewed Roland and Jan for over an hour)
Amon Amarth (interviewed Ollie for nearly an hour and a half)
Finntroll (interviewed and wandered backstage with three of the guys for over forty minutes)
Sabaton (got the whole band to sign my "Primo Victoria")
Celtic Frost (talked with Tom for a couple of minutes after bumping into him before the show)
and briefly shook hands with members of Emperor and Dragonforce

hopefully this list will grow!!
12.07.2007 - 11:14
Shadowslave
Account deleted
I met The guitarist n singer from vanishing point i also met the 2 guitarists from dragonforce but they were drunk off their arses
14.07.2007 - 04:32
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
elite
I havent really met many bands and their musicians, so here is my list:
Blind Guardian (current lineup, at Wacken 06)
Gamma Ray (Wacken 06)
Tuomas Holopainen (Angra concert, the day after Nightwish performed, he was in the crowd)
Silvio Massaro (Vanishing Point gig in Sydney)
Lord Tim (Dungeon gig in Sydney)
14.07.2007 - 05:19
cabrons
Account deleted
Only one, Alex Lora from El TRI
14.07.2007 - 11:11
Savage Messiah
Metal Drummer
All of Nile and Decapitated.
George Kollias gave me a drum lesson and his drum sticks, he's a really nice guy.
15.07.2007 - 16:30
Medea
Account deleted
Hmm...Ive met Marco Hietala from Nightwish, After Forever guys and Andy LaRoque ex Death, p.King Diamond and more to come
15.07.2007 - 16:38
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Nergal, Inferno, Orion and Seth. They all signed my tape of the debut album Sventevith.

And guys from Ancient Rites, Non Divine, Myrkvar, Heidevolk and others. Mostly just a brief conversation, nothing too spectacular. And I've of course met a lot of the people in the 'local scene', as far as there is one.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
16.07.2007 - 14:02
Anton Alcolust
i don't care a shit about famous/or not musician i meet , generally i'm drunk and them too . i have ever spoke with Adorior's singer , we all were drunk it was fun , the same night i spoke with another singer but i don't remember the name , i know a lot of french bands from paris , but all musician are people like us , some are cool , some are crap .
----
A.M.S.G.
17.09.2007 - 02:14
Metal Freak
I met the band members from Opeth after a concert in Texas. They signed a CD and they actually took time out to seriously talk with fans (it was a small show, mind you--they're not huge in Texas). They were about the nicest people you could expect to meet. So far, those are the only major musicians that I have met, but it was a great experience.
----
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things, but for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."
--Steven Weinberg