Metal Storm logo
W.A.S.P

17.05.2006 - 18:43
darkwithin
Ok, here's the new thread for the W.A.S.P. fans. I only recently discovered them, but they became one of my favorite bands rapidly. I have all of their albums but I'm still hooked up on the dubbel album The neon God. I like their hard pure rock songs, but they also have some really nice ballads like Hold On To My Heart.

What's your guys opinion on them?
----
The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.
17.05.2006 - 23:39
meTalcoholic
I'd personally put them under metal, not rock. I absolutely adore The Crimson Idol. Neon God was great, Neon God Part II was terrible.
Lawless is a freaking genius
----

-ZEdarkangel (a.k.a. ZD/ZeeDee)

666, Number of the Beaaaaaast!!!!!!
18.05.2006 - 03:13
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Blackie lawless is one of the most underrated singers out there, id kill to be able to scream like him.
the last command is my fav album
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
18.05.2006 - 03:50
J.J. Cook
Account deleted
W.A.S.P. kicks ass.
18.05.2006 - 11:31
^Necrolust^
I love W.A.S.P. Blackie's voice sounds so sharp and perverted at the same time My favourite albums are probably W.A.S.P. Selftitled, and The Crimson Idol.Songs like Wild Child,Arena Of Pleasure,Animal,I Wanna Be Somebody,Chainsaw Charlie, give me shivers... Too bad I didn't manage to see them live and I won't manage to see them this summer too..
----
Sin my soul,blesses with fire....
18.05.2006 - 15:37
darkwithin
Written by meTalcoholic on 17.05.2006 at 23:39

I'd personally put them under metal, not rock. I absolutely adore The Crimson Idol. Neon God was great, Neon God Part II was terrible.
Lawless is a freaking genius

It was in the rock section before, so I put it back here. Actually I think it's hard rock, but yeah you can discuss about that Doesn't matter what they are, they
----
The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.
19.05.2006 - 21:56
Milan
Account deleted
Why have you put it in the rock forum? W.A.S.P. is heavy metal!
22.05.2006 - 12:32
MetalGoddess
YEAH !!! W.A.S.P. is HEAVY METAL!!! :wall : NOT ROCK!!! you know...it's a difference between rock and metal
----
You can't keep this fast car out of the race \m/
26.05.2006 - 01:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I like this band, and thay are greatt and amazing, thay play in Tallin in Estonia, but I was to poor to see them live, it was bether chance see them playing live.
I liie all albums, and all songs are great.
I had 3 albums W.A.S.P , The Headless Children and Dying For The World.

Dying For The World are bets album in that year and after 1999, and its best W.A.S.P album ewer

@Necrolust if you open pool best W.A.S.P album mantion it
This album kick ass and all songs are great

Quote:
YEAH !!! W.A.S.P. is HEAVY METAL!!! :wall : NOT ROCK!!! you know...it's a difference between rock and metal

I agree its more metal how rock, if thay are rock than Iron Maiden shoud be rock too so its metal
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.05.2006 - 01:36
Daru Jericho
W.A.S.P. are a great metal band. Pretty unique heavy metal style they've got. They can be so crude and extreme at one moment then emotional and deep the next. Favourite albums...well, I love W.A.S.P. and The Last Command. I have so many favourite tracks too, including (currently) 'Charisma'.

I hope I can catch them on tour for this new album. They put on entertaining live shows from what I've heard: buzzsaws, raw meat, blood etc.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

28.05.2006 - 04:35
asis
i love W.A.S.P.! and im probably gonna miss the gig they will have here in finland, and that's just sad. it's on a summer festival and all the hotels are already booked in that area, so i have no place to sleep.. and my friends aren't really that interested in seeing blackie as i am
----
10.06.2006 - 08:52
TheKreator
Account deleted
really nice band...i didn't really give them any credit before, but recently they begun to climb on the ladder of popularity in my eyes how can't u love them with such classics as Wild Child, Animal, Chainsaw Charie,Cries in the night, and my two personal favourites Sleeping in the fire and Blind in Texas
19.06.2006 - 22:16
J.W.G.
Account deleted
I love this band. No B.S. Straight forward in your face fckin Rock
20.06.2006 - 02:28
Dam3k
OMFG! The (We are sexual perverts) topic!! =) I'm getting into this band atm and I'm listening to their most famous songs etc... they rock, that hair old school metal rules dudes.... they are really cool!! =)
----

30.06.2006 - 01:37
nick35
Account deleted
W.A.S.P. is awesome love them but i think they are more metal then rock. They arent even hair metal. They are straight up metal.
10.07.2006 - 20:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 30.06.2006 at 01:37

W.A.S.P. is awesome love them but i think they are more metal then rock. They arent even hair metal. They are straight up metal.

Agree thay arent hair mewtal, but locls like hair bands, but ehh if Winger, Poisen, Blue Murder whatever, coud play so good, wasp arnt posers, but great hard rock heavy metal bands, because its hard to tell where sratrs metal and ends rock, but if thay dont make so make up, better be natural, but stull nobody can change my wicked hearth
----

apos;'
[image]
21.08.2006 - 18:12
J.W.G.
Account deleted
I'm gonna see W.A.S.P. next month, I can't wait
21.08.2006 - 22:26
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Guest on 21.08.2006 at 18:12

If everything turns out ok, I'll see them also in october. Just have to skoop up some money
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
04.10.2006 - 13:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 21.08.2006 at 18:12

You wanna say thay come to Estonia?
Thay was there before 2-3 yeras if we was in EU then and if it was after 2005 24 novembre I woud go too.
----

apos;'
[image]
16.10.2006 - 14:23
Anathemani@c
I had the opportunity to see them live, but unfortunatelly I couldn't go because I had no company..
----
Trapped in time
A miracle of hope and change
A swirling mass, no mercy now
If the truth hurts prepare for pain
......Do you think we 're forever???
07.01.2007 - 06:56
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
I just picked up 'inside the electric circus' it doesnt live up to 'the last command' for me, but i really like the song 'easy living' because of the cool inclusion of the keyboards-deep purple style.
----
- George Carlin
07.01.2007 - 15:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Anathemani@c on 16.10.2006 at 14:23

I had the opportunity to see them live, but unfortunatelly I couldn't go because I had no company..

man it souds weard, if thay come here I woud go alone, if i like band I dont need co
Thay play in tallin and I coudnt go before 3 years it was damn hard cross border and so, but now I woud go if thay come here

BTW where you get gay21 banner yesterday?
----

apos;'
[image]
08.01.2007 - 07:20
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
In the song 'rebel in the FDG' (off of the headless children), would anyone be able to tell me what FDG stands for?
----
- George Carlin
09.01.2007 - 03:38
Daru Jericho
I saw them live a couple of months ago and was disappointed not to see any blood, raw meat and buzzsaws . On a more positive note, I did get 2 bass plectrums.

I don't understand though; it was called the Dominator Tour yet they didn't play anything from the new album. Oh well, I wasn't particularly phased (although I was a bit annoyed that they didn't play 'Animal' but I suppose they get tired of playing that live). Lawless was in good condition too!
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

10.01.2007 - 04:43
danzig111
Account deleted
We Are Sexual Perverts

I love this band! Lawless has a sweet voice! the music has nice attitude and old school vibe I love! oh yes and they are NOT a hairband!!!!

10.01.2007 - 10:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 10.01.2007 at 04:43

We Are Sexual Perverts

I love this band! Lawless has a sweet voice! the music has nice attitude and old school vibe I love! oh yes and they are NOT a hairband!!!!

But tahy locks like hair band, man so many make up and lipstick and hairs are wierd and yeah pervesrion in sex are great

Hawnt seem them in nowdays does thay use so muck make up in nowdays
----

apos;'
[image]
11.01.2007 - 01:32
danzig111
Account deleted
@K7: i mean tecnically they glammed up, but they don't look glamourous or like transvestites lol......They look more, "shocking" than "pretty".
11.01.2007 - 01:41
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Guest on 11.01.2007 at 01:32

@K7: i mean tecnically they glammed up, but they don't look glamourous or like transvestites lol......They look more, "shocking" than "pretty".

Yeah they had more of that 'road warrior' look, kind of like motley crues 'shout at the devil' era, but a little more dirty and less clean looking than Crue.
----
- George Carlin
11.01.2007 - 01:59
danzig111
Account deleted
hhahahaha, yes, i mean the whole Glam Rock thing is just as disturbing as Metalcore music today ........but some bands back in the day just didn't give a damn, they were not 'sissy', they just did it just so, as Motley Crue said, "Just cuz we wear lipstick doesn't mean we can't kick your ass " , and same for W.A.S.P
13.01.2007 - 01:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 11.01.2007 at 01:32

Not shocking and not prity but thay sounds good thay can shock me and actualy no of glam bands cant shock me, because Im to rotten and panks and make up stuff too
----

apos;'
[image]