Metal Storm logo
W.A.S.P

Original post

Posted by darkwithin, 17.05.2006 - 18:43
Ok, here's the new thread for the W.A.S.P. fans. I only recently discovered them, but they became one of my favorite bands rapidly. I have all of their albums but I'm still hooked up on the dubbel album The neon God. I like their hard pure rock songs, but they also have some really nice ballads like Hold On To My Heart.

What's your guys opinion on them?
16.01.2007 - 06:19
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
I just recently wrote my first review, and its of WASPs 'the last command', and I wouldnt mind some critiqueing on my review so I can write some better reviews in the future.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
02.03.2007 - 01:00
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
So im a little confused, has Dominator already been released or not, according to metalstorm it should be, but I dont see anyhting on the HMV website nor have I heard anything else about it, and if it is out can someone tell me if its decent?
----
- George Carlin
02.03.2007 - 02:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Doc G. on 02.03.2007 at 01:00

So im a little confused, has Dominator already been released or not, according to metalstorm it should be, but I dont see anyhting on the HMV website nor have I heard anything else about it, and if it is out can someone tell me if its decent?

MA says this

'Full-length, Demolition Records
February 16th, 2007 '

But well I belive only Myspace and official sites and MS too
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.03.2007 - 08:54
Jason W.
Razorbliss
staff
To be honest, I haven't listened to anything WASP has put out since their first two releases, the self-titled and "The Last Command." I keep meaning to see what they've become over the years, since I think they are worth checking out considering how much I enjoyed their work when I was much younger, and still do now. I doubt it's the same sound, though... Their self-titled release is a classic IMO
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
05.03.2007 - 14:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Jason W. on 05.03.2007 at 08:54

To be honest, I haven't listened to anything WASP has put out since their first two releases, the self-titled and "The Last Command." I keep meaning to see what they've become over the years, since I think they are worth checking out considering how much I enjoyed their work when I was much younger, and still do now. I doubt it's the same sound, though... Their self-titled release is a classic IMO

Hmm then I sugets you try 'Dying For The World' its good album and lyrics its lil poetical too
----

apos;'
[image]
05.03.2007 - 19:10
Jason W.
Razorbliss
staff
Written by Bad English on 05.03.2007 at 14:03

Hmm then I sugets you try 'Dying For The World' its good album and lyrics its lil poetical too

Okay, I'll let you know what I think... looking for it now....
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
23.03.2007 - 16:29
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Judging by the samples, looks like "Dominator" is gonna be a killer album.
----
- George Carlin
16.04.2007 - 06:34
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Anyone get the new album yet?/can I hear a quick summary review type thing?
----
- George Carlin
17.04.2007 - 15:37
Dirt pride
Account deleted
i descoverd W.A.S.P when i picked up Dying For The World in a bargain bin, i really like that album great guitar and vocals, but the lyrics are screwed up.
26.04.2007 - 04:35
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Jason W. on 05.03.2007 at 19:10

Written by Bad English on 05.03.2007 at 14:03

Okay, I'll let you know what I think... looking for it now....

Yeah that is a good album, but honestly nothing lives up to the first 2 albums (The Last Command is my 3rd favorite album of all time...) But I reccommend 'Inside The Electric Circus' and 'The Headless Children' (the 3rd & 4th albums) before you check out Dying for the World. Or if you like live albums 'Double Live Assasins' is great.
----
- George Carlin
25.05.2007 - 21:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I hear one song from upcoming(new) album and this song wa sgreat so great like classical WASP seems only 'Dying For The World' are lil diefernt album seems new album be like 80ties
----

apos;'
[image]
06.06.2007 - 20:53
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
@K7
80s? I really dont think so, I heard the new album yesterday and the only 80s album it shares resemblance with would be the headless children....maybe early 90s stuff like the crimson idol but I find it doesnt sound anything like the 80s material.
----
- George Carlin
06.06.2007 - 23:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Doc G. on 06.06.2007 at 20:53

@K7
80s? I really dont think so, I heard the new album yesterday and the only 80s album it shares resemblance with would be the headless children....maybe early 90s stuff like the crimson idol but I find it doesnt sound anything like the 80s material.

Ewery WAsp album ha slil 80ties passion that band dont fllow to time so thay has them style what tahy play and thay dont wanna change it even how diferent it is its still WASP
----

apos;'
[image]
07.06.2007 - 00:10
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Bad English on 06.06.2007 at 23:56

Written by Doc G. on 06.06.2007 at 20:53

@K7

Ewery WAsp album ha slil 80ties passion that band dont fllow to time so thay has them style what tahy play and thay dont wanna change it even how diferent it is its still WASP

Oh yeah, now I know what you mean, WASP has always kept a bit of an 80s sound (except for maybe "Kill,Fuck, Die" which was more industrialish.) but yeah, I see what you mean now. I only wish WASP would go back to the sound they had with S/T and The Last Command...im getting sort of tired of this political mumbo jumbo....though the new album is pretty sweet.
----
- George Carlin
15.06.2007 - 10:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Does song of 'The Headless Children'' ''Forever Free' are WASP song or cover song
----

apos;'
[image]
16.06.2007 - 02:27
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
i kind ov take bad what i said about Glam......not ALL ov it is THAT awful..........

anyway, I haven't heard "Hold On To My Heat", which album is that from anyway?
18.06.2007 - 08:06
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Guest on 16.06.2007 at 02:27

i kind ov take bad what i said about Glam......not ALL ov it is THAT awful..........

anyway, I haven't heard "Hold On To My Heat", which album is that from anyway?

'Hold On To My Heart' is off of "The Crimson Idol"
Written by Bad English on 15.06.2007 at 10:57

Does song of 'The Headless Children'' ''Forever Free' are WASP song or cover song

Yes they are WASP originals, both written by Blackie Lawless
----
- George Carlin
18.06.2007 - 19:29
Tarzan
Account deleted
I'm also sick & tired of political topics in W.A.S.P. albums,but when your No.1 band has new material,you'll nevermind that part thats bother you and you'll enjoy in the album.
Personaly,I dont want them to get back on a old track ( W.A.S.P. & The Last Command) 'couse they've already done that with Helldorado back in 1999. Resullts? Their worst album (my opinion). The time of sex,blood & rock n' roll is over for this band (unfortunately) but there is always that dark side of Blackie that gives me creeps who you can find in Kill Fuck Die's song's.
I dont think that Dominator can be compared to any of the old albums,maby with Dying For The World in the lyrics themes,but it's shure one of the best albums in these year along with King Diamond and Megadeth.
18.06.2007 - 19:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 18.06.2007 at 19:29

I'm also sick & tired of political topics in W.A.S.P. albums,but when your No.1 band has new material,you'll nevermind that part thats bother you and you'll enjoy in the album.
Personaly,I dont want them to get back on a old track ( W.A.S.P. & The Last Command) 'couse they've already done that with Helldorado back in 1999. Resullts? Their worst album (my opinion). The time of sex,blood & rock n' roll is over for this band (unfortunately) but there is always that dark side of Blackie that gives me creeps who you can find in Kill Fuck Die's song's.
I dont think that Dominator can be compared to any of the old albums,maby with Dying For The World in the lyrics themes,but it's shure one of the best albums in these year along with King Diamond and Megadeth.

IMO Dying For The World are best album of band its lil diefrent hwo others somehow in music and lyrics but about helldorado I havt hear it and dunno what to say
----

apos;'
[image]
26.06.2007 - 12:28
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
elite
W.A.S.P.'s performance (fan-filmed) at the Bang Your Head 2007 for two song has been posted on YouTube. These songs are 'Wild Child' and 'Take Me Up'.
28.06.2007 - 03:46
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Have any ov you heard their cover ov URIAH HEEP's "Easy Livin' "? It's gold
28.06.2007 - 17:34
Tarzan
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 28.06.2007 at 03:46

Have any ov you heard their cover ov URIAH HEEP's "Easy Livin' "? It's gold

Well,Easy Living is just one of the many W.A.S.P. covers. Alongside with Motorhead,W.A.S.P. for me is the one of the few bands who when they do cover they make you think that that song is made for them from the begining.
W.A.S.P. put their recognition in every cover they made
If you like their covers try to listen Somebody To Love,Tie Your Mother Down,Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting,Paint It Black,Whole Lotta Rosie,When The Levee Breaks....and many more.
And if you still haven't,than you MUST hear their best cover (my opinion) The Who's - The Real Me.
I was feelin' realy bad when they decided to put away cover of Deep Purple's - Burn from their latest album Dominator.
01.07.2007 - 20:38
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Man I really dislike almost every WASP cover Ive ever heard, people try to do WASP songs because there great party songs that everyone knows (whether you know who WASP are or not) and they butcher them because they dont have half the range that Blackie has. Alexi Laiho trying to do Hellion is a good example. The only good cover Ive heard is Catamenia doing I Wanna Be Somebody, because they totally transform it and make it there own.

Heres NightWish butchering Wild Child
----
- George Carlin
01.07.2007 - 21:20
Tarzan
Account deleted
You're totally right!!! I was talking about covers that W.A.S.P. do-they are cool, but still to this day I havent heard any other band that have done good cover of WASP song. There are some bands that are almoust imposible to cover them (W.A.S.P. ,King Diamond,Halford... )
05.09.2007 - 07:15
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Guest on 01.07.2007 at 21:20

You're totally right!!! I was talking about covers that W.A.S.P. do-they are cool, but still to this day I havent heard any other band that have done good cover of WASP song. There are some bands that are almoust imposible to cover them (W.A.S.P. ,King Diamond,Halford... )

Catamenia do a cover of 'I Wanna Be Somebody' thats actually really good, mostly because you can tell there not trying to sound like WASP, they really made that song there own with that one.

In other news I recently got 'The Crimson Idol', I think its overrated but still very good. 'Chainsaw Charlie' is probably one of the best WASP songs Ive heard.
----
- George Carlin
06.09.2007 - 21:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
CoBhas covered them and some other bands too, but I dunno if there are cover CD
----

apos;'
[image]
06.09.2007 - 23:27
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Nightwish covering W.A.S.P? yuckkk!!!
07.09.2007 - 00:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 06.09.2007 at 23:27

what song?
----

apos;'
[image]
07.09.2007 - 06:59
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Bad English on 07.09.2007 at 00:13

Written by Guest on 06.09.2007 at 23:27

what song?

Wild Child, and it was destroyed....and I mean they brought a whole new meaning to the word 'butchered'. I posted the link a few posts ago.
----
- George Carlin
07.09.2007 - 14:45
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@Dr. Rock: yeah ummmm I've never heard the actual cover, I just read that same post.....the link doesn't work by the way