Metal Storm logo
W.A.S.P

Original post

Posted by darkwithin, 17.05.2006 - 18:43
Ok, here's the new thread for the W.A.S.P. fans. I only recently discovered them, but they became one of my favorite bands rapidly. I have all of their albums but I'm still hooked up on the dubbel album The neon God. I like their hard pure rock songs, but they also have some really nice ballads like Hold On To My Heart.

What's your guys opinion on them?
08.09.2007 - 00:26
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
@Lowelas
Damn.....that was a painfully hilarious clip of another reason why Nightwish sucks. Take my word for it?
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
08.09.2007 - 01:49
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@Dr. Rock: ohhh yes certainly I take you word for it.......Nightwish have talent and all, but I don't think they deserve half the promotion that they get on MS. And I mean.....W.A.S.P ov all the bands for them to cover! , they are an Old School Metal band with a mixture ov Rock n' Roll [a.k.a perfect drinking/party music ].....and with sexual connotations in their themes, why in the bluest ov blue hells would Nightwish try to cover them? Symphonic Metal covering old school Metal Never works, I mean take for instance Rhapsody [in their demo days] covering Helloween ........It never works because the passion ends up really absent because they are 2 different sub-genres.

Children Of Bodom [though they are in no way Symphonic], their cover ov "Hellion" was okay though
08.09.2007 - 04:07
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
@Lowelas
I thought the Bodom cover of Hellion was atrocious. I think one of the main reasons WASP covers are hard to do is because Blackie has got one of the greatest and most unique voices in metal. (hes my favorite vocalist)
----
- George Carlin
10.09.2007 - 04:37
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@Dr. Rock: oh yeah, well Blackie.......his voice does actually own, it's like a cross between Heavy Metal and Rock N' Roll in the style ....... Whereas Alexi Laiho's voice.........well is kind ov suck , but it was a unique cover though.
10.09.2007 - 07:56
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
@Lowelas
Thats the thing, Laiho seemed like he was trying hard to be Blackie, which is an impossible thing to do. why I like the Catamenia cover of 'I wanna be somebody' they seemed to make it there own.
----
- George Carlin
13.09.2007 - 03:45
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
i never heard ov Catamenia

14.09.2007 - 08:15
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
@Lowelas
There like melodic black metal, some of there riffs even have power metalish sounds to them at times. Definitly worth checking out. There WASP cover is freaking fast and vicious.
----
- George Carlin
15.09.2007 - 14:19
ESTRANGED
Account deleted
Hi guyz,

I have read what u said about the lyrical content of dominator; Indeed they have got political depths some of its songs just like long, long way to go but to be honest with ya i havent for once perceive this song as such. It has being composed for only one reason; HEADBANGING! This is what my ears tell me at least lol
15.09.2007 - 22:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 15.09.2007 at 14:19

Hi guyz,

I have read what u said about the lyrical content of dominator; Indeed they have got political depths some of its songs just like long, long way to go but to be honest with ya i havent for once perceive this song as such. It has being composed for only one reason; HEADBANGING! This is what my ears tell me at least lol

But moust of old lyrics ha slost that point what was when thay was written
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.09.2007 - 00:45
ESTRANGED
Account deleted
Quote:

sorry , i ve kinda lost you there.what do u mean exactly?
16.09.2007 - 02:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 16.09.2007 at 00:45

Quote:

sorry , i ve kinda lost you there.what do u mean exactly?

If thay write some politicval lyrics about some think what hepen in 80ties then npwdays all had forgotten such think and lyrics dont mean no lets say lyrics hanst such menaing how thay wa sin 80ties
----

apos;'
[image]
16.09.2007 - 02:30
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Then again, they did sort of try to keep the not-so-political lyric theme going for a while, but people got bored of it by 'Inside The Electric Circus' hence why you see them make the biggest change of there career with 'The Headless Children' IMO.
----
- George Carlin
16.10.2007 - 06:50
Judas
The Amputator
I had actually forgotten about W.A.S.P. for a while until this Saturday, when this local band played a cover of 'Wild Child'. It wasn't a fantastic cover or anything, but it was unexpected as hell, and jolted me back into a W.A.S.P. frenzy. I mean, I always listened to them before a night out because it always put me into an awesome partying mood, but since I haven't gone out for a while they've sort of lapsed out of regular listening. But since Saturday I've pretty much been listening non-stop!
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
13.01.2008 - 14:27
Son of Odin
A band I have been listening to since their debut album from 1984, one of the best bands out there I think.
My fav album is probably the debut or Headless children.
----
METAL UNITES US ALL!
02.02.2008 - 04:54
ESTRANGED
Account deleted
olympiakos

the stuff BL has written had being inspired by political changes in his country but all of those things have got an impact on ppl's life today, cause at the very end its the usa we are talking about not guatemala.
As far as i ve seen he doesnt agree with the foreign policy its being regulated with the war in iraq and all of that.

They are touring in the usa nowdays anyway! i would strongly suggest you to go and see them live if you can! IT IS AN UNBELIEVABLE ALBUM!!!
16.03.2008 - 23:28
Nighthowls
Paratrooper
Lawless a true Musician I've them 3 times. I haven't gotten around to Neon God though how are they?
16.03.2008 - 23:53
Reverie
I want to download something about that band... what do you recommend me?
----
In the corner beside my window...
There hangs a lonely photograph...

There is a wound that's always bleeding...
There is a road I'm always walking...
17.03.2008 - 01:38
Iceland_Norway
For me W.A.S.P. are the best band i've ever seen live and on CD and Vinyls.

Blackie is a monster.

Songs now are Political yeah, but He has never lost his personality of Rocker.

For Me the best Albums are Every albums.

Wild Child is a cannon that bang over walls with echos.

and The headless Children is really a crying album as the Crimson Idol.

The Crimson Idol is a Concept on Double CD and Single CD, based on the story of Jonathan, a Rocker died in some circumstances. He prays for him in all the songs.

Chainsaw Charlie is the best song i've ever listened.

During His Gigs Blackie is Really a man of war.

For Reverie:

Buy every albums that are really beautiful.

The Best ever are: W.A.S.P (1984 debut), Crimson Idol, The Headless Children, Helldorado, The Last Command, Unholy Terror, Dying for the World.

Dominator is strongly hard to understand, but if you put it on your best stereo. you can listen it as beautiful strong album.

The Neon God PT 1 and 2 is not really beautiful. But for some people is quite good it.

If you wanna listen something you can search on web Wasp Myspace and Official Website.
----
Føroyar mítt land

Tú alfagra land mítt

Føroyar mín Móðir
17.03.2008 - 08:54
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Reverie on 16.03.2008 at 23:53

I recommend you buy 'The Last Command' its very much worth it, WASP at there best IMO.
----
- George Carlin
17.03.2008 - 10:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

WASP, The Headless Children and Dying For The World + watch all video in metalstorm
----

apos;'
[image]
17.03.2008 - 11:06
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Bad English on 17.03.2008 at 10:52

WASP, The Headless Children and Dying For The World + watch all video in metalstorm

Blackie really creeps me out in all the videos, other than 'Forever Free'. But the entire band looks creepy in the vid for 'L.O.V.E. Machine'
----
- George Carlin
17.03.2008 - 11:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Doc G. on 17.03.2008 at 11:06

Blackie really creeps me out in all the videos, other than 'Forever Free'. But the entire band looks creepy in the vid for 'L.O.V.E. Machine'

I agree but in video she can hear about wasp something, 1-2 songs from each 80ties album
----

apos;'
[image]
23.03.2008 - 21:49
Reverie

Thanks, I'm gonna search for it!
----
In the corner beside my window...
There hangs a lonely photograph...

There is a wound that's always bleeding...
There is a road I'm always walking...
09.04.2008 - 23:43
ESTRANGED
Account deleted
How about to buy them and not download them for example? Dowloading tracks by bans which are internationally recognized kills music, have they not taughed you this one here yet boys and girls?

headless children, last command , the crimson idol, kill fuck die, the latest dominator, neon god, every single album by this band has something great and different to offer and i am not kidding ya
09.04.2008 - 23:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 09.04.2008 at 23:43

How about to buy them and not download them for example? Dowloading tracks by bans which are internationally recognized kills music, have they not taughed you this one here yet boys and girls?

headless children, last command , the crimson idol, kill fuck die, the latest dominator, neon god, every single album by this band has something great and different to offer and i am not kidding ya

I dont think that download WASk kill music because if thay sold 1 000 000 000 of CD how it can kill, but if thay spen in 10 000 in day its tham problem not mine

Some people shood survieb whit 30 pounds in month, so ...
----

apos;'
[image]
09.04.2008 - 23:58
ESTRANGED
Account deleted
u dont have the slightest clue at all what so ever what on earth you are talking about. I aint gonna start explaining to you something that you should know on your own anyway, at least not on this topic. Open a topic about downloading if you wish, so we can talk about it there, if there isnt one existing anyway.

This topic is about wasp, pls stay on topic. thank you.
10.04.2008 - 00:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 09.04.2008 at 23:58

u dont have the slightest clue at all what so ever what on earth you are talking about. I aint gonna start explaining to you something that you should know on your own anyway, at least not on this topic. Open a topic about downloading if you wish, so we can talk about it there, if there isnt one existing anyway.

This topic is about wasp, pls stay on topic. thank you.

We had topic about download take a reserch

WASP has made some videos aftre ''I Don't Need No Doctor ''?
----

apos;'
[image]
10.04.2008 - 00:16
ESTRANGED
Account deleted
The last video made was from the album Still not Black Enough i think in 1995. They dont do any videos anymore cause simply they cost a lot of money to get them up to the quality required nowdays and the independant and well into rock channels such as the Mtv (being sarcastic by the way) do not particularly prefer bands like W.A.S.P. if you wanna get my point...so there isnt a point of making a video, as you have already said that downloading doesnt do any harm. Well it does, thats why they dont have any videos anymore among many others. People dont buy, people download which is very sad, cause rock used to stand for something unique before the whole internet crap gone like that... anyway ... this is what simple fans like me and you dont get my friend. A band like wasp is ok, they are out there for more than 2 decades now, they dont have anything to be afraid of. I would strongly recommend you to read a couple of interviews by artists just like blackie lawless, and other megabeasts around rock to get how shitty the music industry can be. If you want a artistic portrait and you are not aware of it yet, listen to the crimson idol album by wasp
10.04.2008 - 00:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 10.04.2008 at 00:16

The last video made was from the album Still not Black Enough i think in 1995. They dont do any videos anymore cause simply they cost a lot of money to get them up to the quality required nowdays and the independant and well into rock channels such as the Mtv (being sarcastic by the way) do not particularly prefer bands like W.A.S.P. if you wanna get my point...so there isnt a point of making a video, as you have already said that downloading doesnt do any harm. Well it does, thats why they dont have any videos anymore among many others. People dont buy, people download which is very sad, cause rock used to stand for something unique before the whole internet crap gone like that... anyway ... this is what simple fans like me and you dont get my friend. A band like wasp is ok, they are out there for more than 2 decades now, they dont have anything to be afraid of. I would strongly recommend you to read a couple of interviews by artists just like blackie lawless, and other megabeasts around rock to get how shitty the music industry can be. If you want a artistic portrait and you are not aware of it yet, listen to the crimson idol album by wasp

I agree whit this point but download some people cant by album, and I miss band in Rīga in Novembre because tickets was to expencice, even I wanna see band much ... but cant pay for it

Buying videos its for promotion new album and I agree MTV sucks nowdays like all music channels and music generaly , but those videos what WASP made was good , and I like it but I prefere albums, even I have hear all (downloaded) but I have 3 CD
WASP
The Hedaless Childrenn
Dying For The World(My fav)
----

apos;'
[image]
05.07.2008 - 22:13
Anders Hansson
Account deleted
i only say 1 thing CRIMSON IDOL !!!!!!!!