Metal Storm logo
The Doors

24.07.2010 - 23:32
vezzy
Stallmanite
Discuss The Doors here.

Seriously, their debut self-titled album and L.A. Woman are masterpieces. That and they've generally been releasing good material throughout their career, with the exception of Full Circle and the spoken-word with background music An American Prayer (it was purely a tribute to Jim Morrison anyway).

Pretty sure most of you here at least familiar with the use of "The End" in Apocalypse Now.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
26.07.2010 - 00:08
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Can't say I'm familiar with specific albums but I grew up listening to The Doors, or rather them being played, so it's pretty nostalgic stuff. Not sure I'd ever look into them again, I tried briefly a while back and ended up just listening to the songs I remember.

Think I remember reading that Marcel hates them ;]
26.07.2010 - 13:04
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Guest on 26.07.2010 at 00:08

Irrelevance at its finest.
----
26.07.2010 - 13:05
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by vezzy on 26.07.2010 at 13:04

Oh I thought you loved him.
26.07.2010 - 13:08
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Guest on 26.07.2010 at 13:05

Shush! There are KIDS reading this, you know... hm, wait...
Besides, preposterous of you to assume it.
----
26.07.2010 - 13:12
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by vezzy on 26.07.2010 at 13:08

Denial. And I'm not talking about the Egyptian river.
26.07.2010 - 13:13
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Guest on 26.07.2010 at 13:12

Denial. And I'm not talking about the Egyptian river.

I never drink from its cup, so...
----
06.08.2010 - 22:26
JohnDoe
Account deleted
I used to be such a Doors fan boy as a teenager - nowadays I'm rather ashamed to admit it, dunno why.

Now I hardly ever listen to them, I did that way too much back then.

Their first two albums are really good, Waiting for the Sun and The Soft Parade are weaker, uneven (a few good songs on each of them, some uninspired ones too). Morrison Hotel and LA Woman are good as well. Their live album Absolutely Live (1970) is great, highly recommended for those who are into this band.
17.09.2010 - 02:53
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Why would you be ashamed to admit that you liked the Doors so much?
17.09.2010 - 04:56
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 17.09.2010 at 02:53

I am ashamed a bit because my fanboyism had touched the ridicule; I was analyzing lyrics, reading Morrison's poetry, trying to buy live bootlegs, see documentaries and live shows (that was way before the explosion of the internet, these things were hard to find and watch). It was crazy
18.09.2010 - 02:46
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Well, so many people over the years entertain fanboyism that borders the ridicule...like with Nirvana...its alright to analyze, read poetry, and all that...its ok to be nerdy about bands man...
19.09.2010 - 22:36
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 18.09.2010 at 02:46

Well, so many people over the years entertain fanboyism that borders the ridicule...like with Nirvana...its alright to analyze, read poetry, and all that...its ok to be nerdy about bands man...

never saw myself as a nerd although I had pretty good grades in school, but never a nerd, in fact I rather disliked the nerds in school (in my language the term "nerd" has only a negative connotation - someone who learns by heart, memorizing sometimes without comprehension).
20.09.2010 - 08:57
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 19.09.2010 at 22:36

never saw myself as a nerd although I had pretty good grades in school, but never a nerd, in fact I rather disliked the nerds in school (in my language the term "nerd" has only a negative connotation - someone who learns by heart, memorizing sometimes without comprehension).

Apparently you were a The Doors nerd Not a nerd at school, but a nerd when it came to The Doors.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.09.2010 - 09:40
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.09.2010 at 08:57

Written by Guest on 19.09.2010 at 22:36

Apparently you were a The Doors nerd Not a nerd at school, but a nerd when it came to The Doors.

that was more than 15 years ago, I left that period of my life far behind.
23.09.2010 - 06:04
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
I still listen to them. i love Morrison Hotel and L.A. Woman and listen to them with some regularity.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
24.09.2010 - 02:49
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I <3 The Doors
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
24.10.2010 - 06:40
the stranger

The Doors is one of the greatest bands of the 60's. I'm not familiar with any album hence what I own is a compilatory, but I like each of the 20 something songs featured in there. The Crystal Ship, Light My Fire, The End and Spanish Caravan are songs that I've been listening since I was like 10 or 11.
06.11.2010 - 19:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 17.09.2010 at 04:56

I am ashamed a bit because my fanboyism had touched the ridicule; I was analyzing lyrics, reading Morrison's poetry, trying to buy live bootlegs, see documentaries and live shows (that was way before the explosion of the internet, these things were hard to find and watch). It was crazy

Well I try reda his poetry , many cases I dont understand what he try to say, I love band, I love each song what I know, I have one comp, each song, lyric is awesome, but I never ever would pay to see band live, ok The Doors whit Vel Killmer, seeing Jim drink, talking bullshit in gigs, actinh like idiot, everybody fucks everybody beck then, no way I would like it and I respect him like person in early his life period, leither, ok I havnt create such albums, I havnt talant in poetry, but still such antics and FTW attitude what he has leither, such alcohol oveedose, drugs, best think what hepen is he died, realy, women in his life was big mistace same like Nancy in Sid's and many cases they take arrtist into grave
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.11.2010 - 22:50
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 06.11.2010 at 19:33

Written by Guest on 17.09.2010 at 04:56

Well I try reda his poetry , many cases I dont understand what he try to say, I love band, I love each song what I know, I have one comp, each song, lyric is awesome, but I never ever would pay to see band live, ok The Doors whit Vel Killmer, seeing Jim drink, talking bullshit in gigs, actinh like idiot, everybody fucks everybody beck then, no way I would like it and I respect him like person in early his life period, leither, ok I havnt create such albums, I havnt talant in poetry, but still such antics and FTW attitude what he has leither, such alcohol oveedose, drugs, best think what hepen is he died, realy, women in his life was big mistace same like Nancy in Sid's and many cases they take arrtist into grave

Oliver stone's movie is pretty bad and all three band members and many others said the movie is inaccurate and exaggerated.
09.01.2011 - 23:42
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook

yeah geez I'M reading this
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
10.01.2011 - 01:10
ANGEL REAPER

My first music choice was metal and i pretty much stick with that until my dad one day decided to "tell me what is good stuff " ...
so he found some old records of The doors,Black Sabbath,Pink Floyd etc...at firs it was just a naive smile for the old man but today I enjoy their music like
I enjoy the metal ...
I really liked waiting for the sun from the Morison hotel
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
14.01.2011 - 03:51
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 10.01.2011 at 01:10

My first music choice was metal and i pretty much stick with that until my dad one day decided to "tell me what is good stuff " ...
so he found some old records of The doors,Black Sabbath,Pink Floyd etc...at firs it was just a naive smile for the old man but today I enjoy their music like
I enjoy the metal ...

But Black Sabbath IS metal
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

14.01.2011 - 14:44
ANGEL REAPER

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 14.01.2011 at 03:51

I enjoy the metal ...

more like the very root of metal
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
14.01.2011 - 14:47
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 14.01.2011 at 14:44

I enjoy the metal ...

the very root I ould regard as earlier stuff than BS, Black Sabbath was more or less the first band that was totally heavy metal though
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.01.2011 - 18:57
ForeverDarkWoods

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 14.01.2011 at 14:47

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 14.01.2011 at 14:44

I enjoy the metal ...

the very root I ould regard as earlier stuff than BS, Black Sabbath was more or less the first band that was totally heavy metal though

The very root was also not just any one band. That is a common fallacy. The root was the combined efforts and influences of lots of bands (some of which you would never call metal in any sense of the word).
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
16.01.2011 - 08:07
ANGEL REAPER

WE ARE NOT DUMB YA KNOW!
----
16.01.2011 - 11:26
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 16.01.2011 at 08:07

WE ARE NOT DUMB YA KNOW!

No, but you are.
----
16.01.2011 - 14:54
ANGEL REAPER

Written by vezzy on 16.01.2011 at 11:26

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 16.01.2011 at 08:07

WE ARE NOT DUMB YA KNOW!

No, but you are.

The point of our argument was theoretical,not for idiots so to speak .....
Let me rephrase : I DONT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT IT!I JUST LIKE THE DOORS LIKE I LIKE TO LISTEN TO "MODERN" METAL!
----
24.01.2023 - 07:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Primary Wave Music, the leading independent publisher of iconic and legendary music in the world, has finalized an agreement to acquire the rights of Robby Krieger and the late Ray Manzarek as they pertain to the critically acclaimed band THE DOORS. The monumental acquisition includes their interests in THE DOORS' music publishing catalog, recordings, trademarks, and merchandise rights and income, among other things. The Jim Morrison entities and the legendary band's drummer John Densmore retain their interests separately from Primary Wave.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/robbie-krieger-ray-manzarek-sell-the-doors-rights-primary-wave-music-1234666411/
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing