Metal Storm logo
Twilightning

17.05.2006 - 18:43
Susan
Smeghead
Any other fans of this Finnish power metal group? I have their album Delirium Veil, I love it. At the forge is one of my favourite tracks and really shows off the singers voice.
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
17.05.2006 - 18:51
Etaín

Yeah these guys are pretty great All their stuff is really good, though i definitely prefer Delirium Veil. The new ep was nice, but i cant wait for the new full album
17.05.2006 - 23:00
pyroclasm
Account deleted
They are good, quite original even, but all of theirs songs sound so much alike. Most of their songs could just flow over in each other without me ever noticing it isn't the same song. I have bought their album Plague House Puppet Show and I've heard Delirium Veil. In my opinion Delirium Veil is their best.
17.05.2006 - 23:16
Conemetal

Written by Guest on 17.05.2006 at 23:00

They are good, quite original even, but all of theirs songs sound so much alike. Most of their songs could just flow over in each other without me ever noticing it isn't the same song. I have bought their album Plague House Puppet Show and I've heard Delirium Veil. In my opinion Delirium Veil is their best.

I have and listened only their Delirium Veil album and you are totally right, "their songs sound so much alike". The singer is good
----
MUCH I LEARNED FROM MY TEACHERS,
MORE FROM MY COLLEAGUES, BUT I HAVE LEARNED THE MOST FROM MY DISCIPLES
24.05.2006 - 02:24
asis

twilightning has become one of my favorite bands, and i just found them like ½ year ago.. almost all of their songs are somehow good.

fav tracks: enslaved to the mind, into treason, gone to the wall, masked ball dalliance, lubricious thoughts, plague overload
----
03.06.2006 - 03:21
Dragonheart
Account deleted
Twilightning play good classic European power metal which I enjoy quite a lot. My favourite album is Delirium Veil - Gone To The Wall, Jester Realm and the title track are all killer songs. I'm definitely looking forward to their next album.
24.07.2006 - 22:17
Escapist
Victim Of Deceit
Written by Guest on 17.05.2006 at 23:00

They are good, quite original even, but all of theirs songs sound so much alike. Most of their songs could just flow over in each other without me ever noticing it isn't the same song.

I just can't agree. I think every song has its mood and different from the rest.

And all the people seems to prefer Delirium Veil, but in my opinion PHPS shows better the way they want to play.
----
On wings of time we have been flying
For too long it seems to me that I've crossed the final fence...

www.twilightning.net http://deliriumveil.main.jp
29.07.2006 - 01:01
Susan
Smeghead
So, who here has heard their new EP "Bedlam"? I know nothing about it but will probably buy on faith in the next few days. The End Records has it for only $9.24 (w/ free shipping).

Apparently they have a new full length coming out in September but there is very little info of that online. Anyone have info?
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
31.07.2006 - 03:03
Escapist
Victim Of Deceit
I have that EP and well, it's different from the previous works. It sounds like the PHPS album but the melodies are more hardrocking. I prefer the previous albums... they're catchier (spelling?) but still is good, that Bedlam...

It has three weird songs, a song very "PHPS style" and an acoustic one very nice.
----

21.08.2006 - 23:29
Susan
Smeghead
I finally got my copy of the EP as well (nice Avatar VilleWallenius!! ) and I LOVE IT. Definitely more hard-rocking and just so much fun. I haven't listened enough to have a favourite song yet but on the whole and I could recommend this little CD to anyone
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
23.08.2006 - 23:08
Lioncourt

I used to like them back in the days of the debut album. But now I find them really boring.
+ I do not like drug users (yes I know many artists use them).
----

Think twice before you buy furr! http://www.strasbourgcurieux.com/fourrure/
24.08.2006 - 00:43
Escapist
Victim Of Deceit
What kind of drugs? :S
----

24.08.2006 - 01:03
Susan
Smeghead
Written by Lioncourt on 23.08.2006 at 23:08

I used to like them back in the days of the debut album. But now I find them really boring.
+ I do not like drug users (yes I know many artists use them).

What a strange/random post Did someone tell you that some Twilightning members are drug users?
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
24.08.2006 - 07:04
Lioncourt

ActuaI know. Somehow I could not resist myself But I did not write this to talk trash. I really did like the band in those days.
Yes my friend, who is a singer, told me they use drugs. This he knows because he has performed with them.

@VilleWallenius: O-ou He did not precise.
----

Think twice before you buy furr! http://www.strasbourgcurieux.com/fourrure/
10.10.2006 - 01:41
WindMyth
Account deleted
It's Progressive Metal, not Power.
One of my favorite bands, lyrics are so different from common, and the drums and guitars are just excellent.
Great band.
10.10.2006 - 10:42
DeadElven

Well I have only "Plague-House Puppet Show" album and I like it! especially "Lubricious Thoughts" song. I don't care if they are on drugs or not, nevertheless they rock!!
----
~// Flies round shit, bees around honey \~
Up The Irons!
11.10.2006 - 20:23
Escapist
Victim Of Deceit
Written by Guest on 10.10.2006 at 01:41

It's Progressive Metal, not Power.

I can see some progressive elements, but I don't think they really are. Maybe 80's hard rock mixed with heavy metal...
----

04.01.2007 - 01:02
ChromeStylus
Account deleted
of the songs i have heard, the sound is very progressive but within certain songs (specifically "Plague-House Puppet Show" and "Rolling Heads") i can hear some heavier more power-esque sounds along with it

there's no doubt that Twilighting, like pretty much any band in the metal stage, does not specifically classify with one genre, but rather blends elements of musical style that the members prefer to make a unique sound
29.04.2007 - 08:10
Susan
Smeghead
New album is out!! Who else is enjoying it? Mine just came yesterday so I can't comment yet. So far it feels good, though!
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
18.11.2008 - 05:46
Metalbound7

Great Band! i only have the Delirium Veil album but im really interested to get their other stuff because they really rock
18.11.2008 - 14:40
Eeric
Account deleted
Delirium veil is their best album. the newer ain't worse neither, but i liked when it was more power than hard rock.
18.12.2008 - 17:02
Susan
Smeghead
Yeah Delirium Veil is one amazing album but Swinelords ended up surpasing it for me. Swinelords was so mature and introspective (as far as you can get with this style that is!) in addition to still being fun. Twilightning excels at fun, energetic, heavy/hard rock/power metal but Swinelords also showed us a serious side. The closing track Wounded and Withdrawn was just so beautiful.... I can't quite put into words how it makes me feel... maybe another day I could Then of course Pimps, Witches, Thieves & Bitches was a tongue-in-cheek masterpiece, ha!
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
23.12.2008 - 10:05
GT
Coffee!!
Hmm the name rings a bell but can't remember their music. I'll check it out if I get the chance
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep