Additional info
Hard Rock
Label: Columbia Records
Australia: 2008
Length: 55:31

Staff review by
Jeff
Rating:
Big rock bands are back in town this year, Metallica, Guns N Roses, Led Zeppelin and even Queen but if there is one band that all the fans of Rock will not miss for anything this year, this is without any doubt AC/DC! When you have a look at their future world tour which is already sold out (and in general within some few hours) all around the world, I think that we have the proof that some people were awaiting the comeback of Angus, his brother and their three bands mates. The people in music industry even think that the band will sell approximately 10 000 0000 pieces of "Black Ice", their new album, within a year? this is just fucking crazy? But hey are we just sheep who must buy every new album of the Australian gods or does Black Ice really deserve our attention? AC/DC is rarely disappointing but some of their albums, no need to give names, are a lot better than some others. In which "category" will we put "Black Ice"? That's up to you of course but me; I already know that I like this album and that I'm happy to see the ones who have introduced me to Rock and Metal music back in front of the scene. Yeah my friends be ready because the crazy little guitarist is not dead yet and will kick the ass of a lot bands who think that they "rock"!

Read more ››
published 05.11.2008 | Comments (26)

Found in 5 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 15   Visited by: 504 users
29.07.2010 - 20:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Ac/Dc ''Black Ice'' I dont post albums what I bought, but this was last, because usualy I buy already what I know and have heard, but this simply like some in Hell Fest rewiew say about Motorhead something there is no bad or good motorhead, threre simply motorheda, same about Ac/Dc thay can be bad or good, thay are Ac/Dc and after such years so powerfull album, some smiply cords, primitive lyrics, lil whisky and song is done, still live in rock n roll dream, still I think faster Angus and Malcom will gratuate school(what thay left at age 15) how Ac/Dc be old, boring or anoying
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.03.2011 - 07:03
Void_Eater
Account deleted
I'm checking out the title track to this right now, and I'm suprised to say I'm enjoying it. AC/DC usually pisses me off to no end, due to how overrated and repetitive they are, but some reason I'm liking this song... May have to check more of this album out...
12.05.2011 - 08:49
JCJen7

Written by Guest on 19.03.2011 at 07:03

I'm checking out the title track to this right now, and I'm suprised to say I'm enjoying it. AC/DC usually pisses me off to no end, due to how overrated and repetitive they are, but some reason I'm liking this song... May have to check more of this album out...

In now way is AC/DC overrated. They are home to the most badass rock n roll riffs in history.
----
This is my sig, respect it. Please.

CHECK THESE OUT
12.05.2011 - 08:56
Void_Eater
Account deleted
Written by JCJen7 on 12.05.2011 at 08:49

Written by Guest on 19.03.2011 at 07:03

In now way is AC/DC overrated. They are home to the most badass rock n roll riffs in history.

I just fail to see what makes them better than all the other AC/DC styled hard rock bands out there. I've been warming up to them lately, but by no means are thye one of the best bands ever. On the plus side, Angus Young's stage moves are awesome.
02.07.2011 - 08:34
Vikingr

Album pretty much destroyed any remaining respect I had for AC/DC
02.07.2011 - 12:24
Angelic Storm
Melodious
AC/DC haven't made a great album since "The Razor's Edge". *shrugs*
02.07.2011 - 14:36
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Angelic Storm on 02.07.2011 at 12:24

AC/DC haven't made a great album since "The Razor's Edge". *shrugs*

They haven't made a great album since For Those About To Rock and even that one is half decent.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

02.07.2011 - 14:57
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 02.07.2011 at 14:36
They haven't made a great album since For Those About To Rock and even that one is half decent.

Well, I dont agree with that, although I do agree about that album only being half decent. The title track is quite clearly the best song on it, and overshadows everything else on the album.
02.07.2011 - 14:59
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Angelic Storm on 02.07.2011 at 14:57

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 02.07.2011 at 14:36

Well, I dont agree with that, although I do agree about that album only being half decent. The title track is quite clearly the best song on it, and overshadows everything else on the album.

The opening riff of Thunderstruck overshadows everything on Razor's Edge, a great riff ona very mediocre to bad album and an immensely boring song. But like I said, then again everything after For Those About To Rock is bad to mediocre at best.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

02.07.2011 - 15:07
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 02.07.2011 at 14:59
The opening riff of Thunderstruck overshadows everything on Razor's Edge, a great riff ona very mediocre to bad album and an immensely boring song. But like I said, then again everything after For Those About To Rock is bad to mediocre at best.

Well, I don't agree about The Razor's Edge... it's got 2 or 3 fillers, but I really love most of it. "Thunderstruck" is regarded as one of their classics now, and rightfully so IMO, but there's some songs on that album I find very underrated. Like the title track and "Rock Your Heart Out". I loved the singles from it too. Though I do agree that everything after FTATR (barring Razors...) is pretty mediocre. There's isolated great songs like "Heatseeker" and "Who Made Who", but overall, there's not much to get excited about. lol
02.07.2011 - 15:28
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
"Who Made Who"is a terrible song just like "Thunderstruck (bar the opening riff)" "heatseeker" is okay
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.01.2012 - 06:04
Mountain King
K i K o
AC/DC are overrated and suck most of the time...
12.02.2014 - 09:00
NorthernDickhead

I'm hoping that they don't do songs anymore if the quality of the albums is something like this.
26.02.2016 - 21:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
After many years spinned this(well not a-z order, left Lip for Monday travel , can be played more as once) .. cant say anything, still guitar album, just funny, wanna ask how many of you did listen this after it was out?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
12.05.2020 - 00:21
Rating: 5
Joppe
Steelemeister
I don't quite see the point of having 55mins album with clear filler songs. Start is strong at least with Rock 'N Roll Train, and after that it gets on a filler spree. Rock 'N Roll Dream is one of the better songs which also breaks the usual songwriting pattern, actually the last three songs are better than most that come before them. The album could be good enough for AC/DC fanatics who worship this band as a god, but as Jope of Steele, not being an AC/DC worshipper, I must call out the album for being totally average at best. It's not really bad material though, but many of the songs make one to ask should they be listened to or not.

This looks like it was the last album w/ the 2nd classic line-up; I mean w/ Malcolm. Maybe at this point you could suggest that the band was getting old, they're running on fumes but still they can offer something w/o reaching the classic status of their better past albums. I don't see it as the low point in the band's discography, but neither do I see many of the songs getting relistens from me.
----
My vision is augmented

Hits total: 13003 | This month: 25