Metal Storm logo
Rhapsody Of Fire - To Release Epic 35-Minute Symphony

Rhapsody Of Fire are going to release an epic monument called: The Cold Embrace Of Fear - A Dark Romantic Symphony.

Guitarist Luca Turilli comments: "For this special CD we composed a unique song of around 35 minutes divided in 7 "acts". Looking at the title you can easily imagine that such long and epic song will show the most cinematic and orchestral side of our band, all our passion for the world of cinema we love so much and that always represented our main influence while composing the Rhapsody's music.

Essentially it is a long huge song, sounding very symphonic, full of orchestral sections very soundtrack oriented, narrations and spoken parts. More than in other cases we tried to create a real movie atmosphere with very dynamic musical results, also thanks to the help of the English actors that gave voice to different charachters. You will just need to close your eyes and explore those new emotional dimensions we wrote the music for."

The lyrics of this monumental, epic symphony are based on the "dark secret saga" and represents a new chapter, directly connected with The Frozen Tears Of Angels.

Luca explains: "After the long journey to the icy frozen northlands at the borders of the known world, while facing concrete natural obstacles and the inner demons lying in the depths of their conscience, the five main charachters reach the ancient gothic fortress of Har-Kuun, a real monument of evil trapped between ice and snow, the mystic place where the Erian's book could be finally found. The Cold Embrace Of Fear tells about the entrance of those bravehearts in the ancestral world of Har-Kuun and the dramatic search for the holy book of the angels, only possible way to understand something more about the dark secret threatening the whole known world. Also in this case I liked to create particular "bridges" connecting the new chapter of the saga with our modern life on the basis of symbolism, ancient wisdom and spiritual evolution. To someone who knows something about modern psychology and the study of the different "self", the hidden geometries and gothic labyrinths of Har-Kuun will reveal themselves very clearly."

Once again Christopher Lee was chosen for the spoken parts as a main narrator. Says the band: "We couldn't imagine to release something like this without his fundamental partecipation. Sir Lee is one member of the Rhapsody Of Fire's family since a lot of time and we love him not only as an actor but also as man. Because of his great and majestic personality he has surely the aura of a king of the ancient times."

This extraordinary release, will hit the stores on October, 15th for a "special price". The cover artwork will look like this.

[Also thanks to Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk for the news]

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Rhapsody
Posted: 30.07.2010 by Kallis Helmi

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 35   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 188 users
01.08.2010 - 18:35
RavenKing

Written by Irritable Ted on 01.08.2010 at 17:58

Please no more narration.

Imagine the scene, sitting at traffic lights, the car window is open, you have the stereo on loud and Christopher Lee starts bellowing on about enchanted dwarves and magic pixies.

The woman in the next car is laughing at you, the lights change and you stall in embarrassment. You may as well curl up and die.

"Essentially it is a long huge song, sounding very symphonic, full of orchestral sections very soundtrack oriented, narrations and spoken parts" - Luca Turilli

I guess it's not for you. It will probably be chock-full of (very cheesy) narrations.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
02.08.2010 - 02:15
Dragonlord TG

Written by Bad English on 01.08.2010 at 13:45

Written by Dragonlord TG on 01.08.2010 at 13:34

Written by Bad English on 30.07.2010 at 22:22

Sounds gay already, realy I dont want hear it not a single track

Well, it would be kind of hard to listen to more than a single track from this album. Don't you think?

Same like for you The Lord Weird Slough Feg, Gates Of The Slumber, Fall Of Idols, Acid Bath etc

I was referring to the fact that this album only has one song. Get it?!?!
02.08.2010 - 12:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Dragonlord TG on 02.08.2010 at 02:15

I was referring to the fact that this album only has one song. Get it?!?!

I got it and its be longest cheasiest song ever made
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
07.08.2010 - 19:45
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
This is gonna be awsome
----
pewpew.. gotcha
14.08.2010 - 17:06
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by Irritable Ted on 01.08.2010 at 17:58

The woman in the next car is laughing at you, the lights change and you stall in embarrassment. You may as well curl up and die.

Or draw your styrene LARP (Live Action Role Playing) sword and threaten to behead her.
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"

Hits total: 3546 | This month: 5