Metal Storm logo
Dark Tranquillity

Original post

Posted by Eight, 17.05.2006 - 18:47
We all well know, who they are and why we love them, right.
Lets talk of "whats your favorite album?" and, why you like them so much youve entered this topic, and stuff, you know what we did allready

My favourite album is "Character", i don't know why, maybe becouse i havent really listened much to others, but when i heard "Character" i was blunted
And one interesting fact i found here on MS that Niklas Sundin from Dark Tranquillity wrote the In Flames "Whoracle" lyrics.
27.02.2010 - 04:33
MeloDeathViking
Written by Ag Fox on 27.02.2010 at 01:55

Written by MeloDeathViking on 26.02.2010 at 18:43

Written by Ag Fox on 25.02.2010 at 15:19

DT has always been a hit or miss affair for me... I like "Haven"; "Damag Done" was so-so, then it kinda clicked, really disliked "Character", but "Fiction" turned out great to me.

Back to the new album... I think I like it, not too sure though. What annoyed me the most was the clean vocals... Never expected that really

But they have clean vocals on several of the othe albums, including "Fiction" How is it unexpected? I personally love his clean vocals, I think they are used just the right amount on "Fiction", so I have to wait and see how they are used on the new album.
unexpected for me as they felt out of place, unlike "Fiction". I'll give "We Are The Void" some space for now and return to it sometime next week

Oo, i understand. I thought you meant it was unexpected that they used them at all, so I was really confused lol. I'll have to wait to get my hands on a copy this week and see how I feel about them then.
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
03.03.2010 - 20:02
Ag Fox
Angel No More
elite
Might revise my opinion, heard the album again yesterday. It sounded pretty good, but somehow I got distracted, so not sure
----
loves 小巫
13.03.2010 - 06:32
Fhuesc
Written by Ag Fox on 03.03.2010 at 20:02

Might revise my opinion, heard the album again yesterday. It sounded pretty good, but somehow I got distracted, so not sure

I found it pretty good too, not great, but still enjoyable.
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
20.03.2010 - 16:52
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
I like the new album....especially the dis-harmonics they throw in now and again to give the album a darker edge. Its good that they kept the essence of DT in tact but still added fresh elements to their music. Much better album than "Fiction" which to me was a total borefest.
04.04.2010 - 15:24
I like Character and Fiction. Pretty much because those are the albums that got me into the band.
10.05.2010 - 15:57
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Ok, another great band i was overlooking so far
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

10.05.2010 - 16:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ellrohir on 10.05.2010 at 15:57

Ok, another great band i was overlooking so far

You start only listening band now?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
11.05.2010 - 00:26
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
About 14 days ago or so...after i heard Punish My Heaven by chance
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

11.05.2010 - 00:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ellrohir on 11.05.2010 at 00:26

About 14 days ago or so...after i heard Punish My Heaven by chance

First I saw band video ThereIn in 2003 something and start like it and leither I dig more and moust I like 1th albums. but i trooly love Mikeal's clean vocal singing I it
----

apos;'
[image]
06.07.2010 - 19:57
Richiedude
Here's a couple live clips taken in Chicago recently:

dark tranquillity live clips
10.07.2010 - 15:50
Behdaad
DEAD
Well, I choose "Fiction" because it's the first DT album I heard and I loved is so much.

But the albums "Haven" and "Damage Done" are my favorites too.
----
As tyranny becomes normality;
We hang at the end of the rope.
02.10.2010 - 09:01
ArtKiz
I prefer Fiction, it has a hint of Gothic in their music, and I like that.
17.10.2010 - 19:19
Sorgblad
Character is in my opinion their best album by far along with Fiction. As i know, they are trying to make every album different, but to be honest these two albums are quite similar and both really professional and very good.
21.10.2010 - 21:49
Retter
My favorite Melodic death metal band and one of my favorites. For me it is Damage Done, because I discover them with this album, but I do really like Character, Fiction and Haven by this order.
22.10.2010 - 10:45
Taktsekte
Your Ad Here!
I went to the gig in Stuttgart last Tuesday and I am still amazed. I had never been to any Dark Tranquillity gig unfortunately, although they have been one of my favourite bands for years, and it was one of the best concerts I've ever seen. Stanne even pointed at me for headbanging too hard to Monochromatic Stains yet their best songs were, in my opinion, the Fiction ones, particularly Misery's Crown. Insomnium was the supporting band and I found them very interesting as well, having never been a fan before.

The only downside was that I don't like the style of this tour's t-shirts, so I did not buy one. I still have not got any Dark Tranquillity t-shirt
22.10.2010 - 12:08
Retter
Insomniun is also a very interesting band with good albums, specially the two last. Some people consider they are really similar to DT, but I think they are growing and having their own style. One band for the future, also Bel´akor.
12.11.2010 - 12:58
Behdaad
DEAD
Yes, Bel'akor is an awesome band. Maybe they are the next kings of Melodic Death!

Anyway, D.T rules!
----
As tyranny becomes normality;
We hang at the end of the rope.
13.11.2010 - 16:00
Risto
Wandering Midget
Be'lakor* FYI, they might perform a new song live in early December. Here's hoping someone gets footage of it...
18.11.2010 - 21:41
Sorrow
Guys.... Dark tranquility is a Gem ... listen to the carefully , they play complex metal, brutal yet intresting and emotional so varied , Lost to Apathy, Nothing to No one ,....a lot more to name , they are not just a normal band ... listen really carefully they deserve it... it takes time to understand each of their album ...
19.01.2011 - 14:17
PassingBird
Hi, some days ago I bought the Japanese edition of latest Dark Tranquillity's album "We Are The Void" but lyrics for bonus "Out Of Gravity" are missing in the booklet. Can anyone pass the lyrics for this song?
----
So gather your strength and break free
Or you will surely die
Gather your strength don't follow me
'Cause I will surely die
01.06.2011 - 06:42
m3ta1he4d
Damage Done, Character, and Fiction's on my playlist for the past few weeks. \,,/
23.10.2011 - 15:07
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
Anyone knows if we can expect a new album from these guys next year? I'm starting to feel the hunger again
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
09.01.2012 - 18:13
algirdongas
My fave from DT is The Gallery because that's the only one heard. I'm not really into melodeath but I liked this album a lot because of the complex yet melodic guitarwork and soloing, somewhat brutal drumming.This gallery also reminds me of the Atheist album Unquestionable Presence vocal vise and because of the awesome guitar solos and overall proggy feeling to the whole album.
15.01.2012 - 01:15
wrathchild
staff
Written by BloodTears on 23.10.2011 at 15:07

Anyone knows if we can expect a new album from these guys next year? I'm starting to feel the hunger again

Let them take the time they need
I say that because I must have seen them at least 3 times in the last 2 years (basically, on the same tour) so I can wait and have a break
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
15.01.2012 - 10:28
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
Written by wrathchild on 15.01.2012 at 01:15

Written by BloodTears on 23.10.2011 at 15:07

Let them take the time they need
I say that because I must have seen them at least 3 times in the last 2 years (basically, on the same tour) so I can wait and have a break

but you are being selfish! As I am.

I for one, would have liked to see them live more times. But yes, they should take their time and not rush things.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
25.01.2015 - 21:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Last post in 2012 huh

has this band ever played Auction live?
and now does they play something from Skydancer era?
----

apos;'
[image]
26.01.2015 - 06:01
Wukk
Written by Bad English on 25.01.2015 at 21:52

Yes. Twice in Japan in 1999. http://www.setlist.fm/stats/dark-tranquillity-53d6835d.html
----
If you're 666 then I'm 777
http://www.last.fm/user/Joodicator
26.01.2015 - 11:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Wukk on 26.01.2015 at 06:01

Written by Bad English on 25.01.2015 at 21:52

Yes. Twice in Japan in 1999. http://www.setlist.fm/stats/dark-tranquillity-53d6835d.html

any videos?
----

apos;'
[image]
29.01.2015 - 06:28
Raistlin
Saw them in New York earlier this year, they're currently my favorite band and have been my favorite for the last 2 years.