Metal Storm logo
Anette Olzon - It's A Boy!

Back in March we reported about Anette Olzon's pregnancy... which means we also have to inform you about the outcome of this story, right?

So, yesterday afternoon, Friday July 30, at 4:28 pm Swedish time, the Nightwish vocalist gave birth to her second child (her first with current boyfriend and Pain bassist Johan Husgafvel). The baby boy is 52 centimeters tall and weighs in at 3930 grams. Olzon also has an eight-year-old son, Seth, with her now-ex-husband.

Do with all this information what you will.

Anette posted the following message on her blog today: "We have tried to get him out the natural way since tuesday and used different methods, but like with my first son, I didn´t get enough strong contractions so it was decided to finally get him out through a c-section.

We all are just fine but still in the hospital where we are resting and just being so happy to have this beautiful and precious boy with us. Life is so wonderful and I am so, so happy and just floating with joy."

Congratulations!

Source: anette-olzon.blogspot.com
Band profile: Nightwish
Posted: 31.07.2010 by Thryce

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 45   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 353 users
01.08.2010 - 18:38
Perseverence
Account deleted
That cool. Singer and a mother. Nightwish is a nice band. My full support!

Sidenote, 100 comments/posts!
01.08.2010 - 18:39
RhaegarTargaryen
Telcontar
She looks like one
----
... For years I have traveled in coldness,
But my heart is warm as the darkened sun above me...
Nothing can never take away
What I've seen with these tired eyes
01.08.2010 - 20:27
selken
Irreligious
Written by warrior_of_ice on 01.08.2010 at 08:34

Written by selken on 01.08.2010 at 04:21

Written by warrior_of_ice on 01.08.2010 at 01:36

Really? who cares...she sucks at singing anyways

So... according to your comment joy related to a new born life depends on how well his mother signs...
you are 22... I would ignore that comment if you were 16

Congrats to her

his mother doesn't "sign" she, "sings". nice try

I see.... my argument becomes invalid because I missed two keys on my keyboard...
that's one of the most immature responses I ever received...
btw anybody can sign... even nicer try
----
01.08.2010 - 20:58
Fat & Sassy!
elite
Written by Ellrohir on 01.08.2010 at 11:30

well...only a very few "metal news" are making changes in my life...to be honest, not even events like Dio's death mean something very different for my way of life - i should be mourning a bit, but then what? nothing...not talking about news from bands i dont give crap about...

we should resign to all news, because all of them will be absolutely uninteresting for more or less users

I think what he is trying to say is what most of us think: This in no way has anything to do with Nightwish and their music, so why give a fuck? Unless it was something like "Anette might leave band because of pregnancy" or whatever, it is IRRELEVANT to anything music related. That's all. I mean, "news" like this reminds me of all the American Pop Culture shows where they talk about which celebrity is dating which or whatever. Dumb and pointless. :/
01.08.2010 - 21:56
Elodie Artour
Slania
I absolutely love Anette! May both she and her child be happy!

And, guess what... I've already had dreams about Anette Olzon like two or three times and I'm pretty sure it was just yesterday when I dreamt of her again...hugging her and telling her in Norwegian (I'd better call it Scandinavian, haha) that I love her and other stuff like that. Isn't that weird?
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
01.08.2010 - 21:56
RavenKing
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 01.08.2010 at 20:58

I think what he is trying to say is what most of us think: This in no way has anything to do with Nightwish and their music, so why give a fuck? Unless it was something like "Anette might leave band because of pregnancy" or whatever, it is IRRELEVANT to anything music related. That's all. I mean, "news" like this reminds me of all the American Pop Culture shows where they talk about which celebrity is dating which or whatever. Dumb and pointless. :/

That's exactly what I meant. How many women had a baby today? And do the newspapers talk about it?
I just find it stupid and annoying how everything seems to be so important and tends to become completely out of proportions each time it has to do with a celebrity (not that Anette is a big celebrity, anyway - she's almost entirely unknown outside of metal circles).

I mean, do people really give a fuck? For me, things are not more important because they happen to someone famous.
An accident is an accident, a death is a death, a divorce is a divorce, and having a baby is having a baby.
It's the same event, I don't give a fuck if it touches the prime minister or a McDonald's employee. We're all humans. Famous people don't matter more than others.

You know, this reminds me of what the Joker says in "The Dark Knight" about things being 'according to plans'. People don't care at all usually but if it touches someone famous, then they make a big fuss because it's not 'according to the plan', even if it's basically the same fucking event.

I find the emphasis that is put on details of famous people's lives as an insult to regular people who are living the same kind of events.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
01.08.2010 - 22:39
Thryce
Retired Staff
elite
Written by RavenKing on 01.08.2010 at 21:56

I mean, do people really give a fuck?

Clearly you do by clicking an article that didn't interest you in the first place, then by re-visiting the topic regularly to see what other people have to say, then by writing half an essay about the way you feel about this (and seriously, that's the kind of stuff nobody cares about).

This celeb news/trivia was published because not everyone around here is a bigoted dickhead and some people just like to know this kind of everyday stuff. Seeing the report about her pregnancy was submitted by one of our users, I figured this news would hit the board too eventually. And since I wanted to counter the other cheap criticism that MS is always supposedly late with its news, I just did it myself. Plus I like sandy vaginas.

Oh and you can leave the question "what is considered metal news and what not" to the people running this site.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
01.08.2010 - 22:44
RavenKing
Written by Thryce on 01.08.2010 at 22:39

Oh and you can leave the question "what is considered metal news and what not" to the people running this site.

I'm not the one who asked this question. I challenge you to find any word from me saying "this is not metal news".
It's not a matter of 'metal or not' but of private lives having nothing to do with music.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
02.08.2010 - 01:52
Congratulations to Anette and all my best wishes to her and her son
02.08.2010 - 11:37
Well, it's not related to metal, but the site agreed to publish it, so If you don't like it don't replay or post, or you can send a pm to staff members arguing about it.
Posting comments such as "she sucks at singing" is not any mature, she hasn't sang her own songs yet, Dark Passion Play wasn't written for her and when Tuomas wrote the vocal lines he didn't know who will sing it, so wait for next album to judge.
I can say that choosing her was somehow wrong for the old songs, especially Oceanborn songs, they should have chosen a classical singer with wider range...but that doesn't mean that Anette is a bad singer.
Good luck for my best band, and their singer.
02.08.2010 - 14:22
Werewulf
Oh come on! Why everyone of metal storm staff thinks they are doin it in the best way? And why don't they tolerate the other ideas?
Believe it or not, people bear kids. and singers and musicians are not something instead of humans! So why should be excited with this one?
And also when u say don't post anything on this if u dont like it, we can say don't post the birth of a child as a BAND NEWS. But u sent it to all those who like Nightwish! and its not related to the band.
Now go on and close my account and kick me out of the site because I said something that u may not like it!
Peace.
----
Exista un sambure de adevar in toate... [ There is a seed of truth in everything...] - A Romanian proverb.
02.08.2010 - 14:50
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Quote:
Now go on and close my account and kick me out of the site because I said something that u may not like it!
Peace.

We never do this. You are free to disagree with us.

Written by Werewulf on 02.08.2010 at 14:22

Oh come on! Why everyone of metal storm staff thinks they are doin it in the best way? And why don't they tolerate the other ideas?

Who said that? We do. In fact, we have a whole board dedicated to it. Check the General website discussion board.

Quote:
Believe it or not, people bear kids. and singers and musicians are not something instead of humans! So why should be excited with this one?

Believe it or not, some people are fans of Anette Olzon and do like to hear about this. I have the strong suspician that if this would've been Simone Simmons of Epica (who is much more loved than the hated Anette Olzon), the reactions would've been much more positive.

Quote:
And also when u say don't post anything on this if u dont like it, we can say don't post the birth of a child as a BAND NEWS. But u sent it to all those who like Nightwish! and its not related to the band.

You are free to post on topics you don't like, but it is a bit pointless, don't you agree? It is always fun to argue, but I'm not going to sign up on a Country Music forum and post in every topic "I'm sorry but I don't like country, just my opinion". A bit senseless, no?

And by the way, this was sent to all those who like Nightwish because that's just how this website works. Just be glad we have such an advanced system that keeps you updated on all your favourite bands. Every once in a while you may bump into some news you don't find interesting, but that happens.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
02.08.2010 - 15:01
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Written by The Night Wisher on 02.08.2010 at 11:37

Posting comments such as "she sucks at singing" is not any mature, she hasn't sang her own songs yet, Dark Passion Play wasn't written for her and when Tuomas wrote the vocal lines he didn't know who will sing it, so wait for next album to judge.

Hopefully Tuomas will write songs of the difficulty level of "Old McDonald has a Farm" for her... When your band has a 5 operatic album-discography, you try to find a vocalist who can at least mimic your older songs. It's like Kamelot hired a death metal growler. Ever listened to NW's live in Hong-Kong album? I did. And I'm afraid.

And this picture really freaks me out... it could be a poster for "Chucky's Offspring" lol

About her child... A woman actually expulsing a baby out of her vagina????? Oh no, she couldn't even do that (I know, I'm evil).
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
02.08.2010 - 15:59
Elodie Artour
Slania
@Metalmorphosis: What did you actually want Tuomas to do after firing Tarja? All male NW members wanted to make sure the new female vocal in the band would not be an operatic one. None of them wanted a second singer like Tarja either because they wanted to change style or because they felt she was an irreplaceable operatic vocal in Nightwish. Face it or not, Anette does a good job on most of their old songs (not on all of them, though) . As for her profile picture here, I find it adorable. Should a metal singer always look dark and evil?
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
07.08.2010 - 02:37
Werewulf
Written by Lucas on 02.08.2010 at 14:50

Quote:
Peace.

We never do this. You are free to disagree with us.

Written by Werewulf on 02.08.2010 at 14:22

Who said that? We do. In fact, we have a whole board dedicated to it. Check the General website discussion board.

Quote:

Believe it or not, some people are fans of Anette Olzon and do like to hear about this. I have the strong suspician that if this would've been Simone Simmons of Epica (who is much more loved than the hated Anette Olzon), the reactions would've been much more positive.

Quote:

You are free to post on topics you don't like, but it is a bit pointless, don't you agree? It is always fun to argue, but I'm not going to sign up on a Country Music forum and post in every topic "I'm sorry but I don't like country, just my opinion". A bit senseless, no?

And by the way, this was sent to all those who like Nightwish because that's just how this website works. Just be glad we have such an advanced system that keeps you updated on all your favourite bands. Every once in a while you may bump into some news you don't find interesting, but that happens.

OK! I see no fun in arguments. But whatever! Thanks for nice reply! <3 METALSTORM <3
----
Exista un sambure de adevar in toate... [ There is a seed of truth in everything...] - A Romanian proverb.

Hits total: 6320 | This month: 8