Poll

Which do you perfer

Indie Labels
Major Labels

Total votes: 8
01.08.2010 - 17:13
Perseverence
Account deleted
I typically speaking perfer the indie labels because with certain labels like Sounds Abound and Misantroph Anti Records most or all of the music is available for free download right on the records website or myspace. Though that's my typical postition I do enjoy a lot of bands with commercial sucsess like Nightwish and Dream Theater whitch are bolth on Roadrunner. So take your pick it would be great to know if the hordes perfer the underground indie bands or the major sucsessful bands.
01.08.2010 - 17:29
vezzy
Stallmanite
Plenty of good underground extreme metal bands can be found on indie labels.
But mostly, I'm indifferent.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
01.08.2010 - 21:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Doesnt metter for me if album, music is good, but I dont like if label presure band how album shood sound, I wont vote since there no way because I dont care what label realise album, if its good
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
01.08.2010 - 21:58
ForeverDarkWoods

Let's just say that I, when it comes to new music, tend to stay away from the major labels.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
01.08.2010 - 22:25
RavenKing

Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 01.08.2010 at 21:58

Let's just say that I, when it comes to new music, tend to stay away from the major labels.

I don't like big labels much in general. I consider myself lucky because, among all the stuff I'm listening to, only Immortal are on Nuclear Blast (a label I utterly hate).
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
23.09.2010 - 10:48
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Sorry, for you people but Nuclear Blast, Century Media, RoadRunner, Relapse and such are not major labels. They are big labels when it comes to metal. But not major in any way. RoaRunner is now part of a major label (to be more precise part of Atlantic) but Nuclear Blast, Century Media and Relapse are still 100% independent.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.09.2010 - 11:31
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Still...being major in metal is quite enough for our purposes

the problem of those really small and obscure labels is, that it is hard for you to find them and the stuff they are producing...generally someone has to tell you - "hey dude, listen to this great band"...so good bands under small labels are often overlooked...on the other hand, well known bands under "big" labels quite often turns into crap...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

23.09.2010 - 11:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ellrohir on 23.09.2010 at 11:31

Still...being major in metal is quite enough for our purposes

the problem of those really small and obscure labels is, that it is hard for you to find them and the stuff they are producing...generally someone has to tell you - "hey dude, listen to this great band"...so good bands under small labels are often overlooked...on the other hand, well known bands under "big" labels quite often turns into crap...

Well there was interwiew here whit a label dude IMO bas made it
Samml labels many cases are good, and its more to love to muisc how geting money: Russian Solitude Production, Norvegian :; Aftermath

EDDIT: Many cases bands sighn whit ''major'' or big lables,l lables dictate how band shood sound and how shood look female vocalist and from what country she shood come frome
----

apos;'
[image]
24.09.2010 - 04:00
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@Bad English: SO TRUE MAN! The most simple example of that is Ministry! Take Al Jourgensen and With Sympathy...Arista took Al in initially and then completely forced him to change but that didn't last for too long now did it? Thank fuck for Sire and Warner Bros. eh?
18.10.2020 - 21:19
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Entropic Recordings changed name to Extraconscious Records

From facebook

Due to unforeseen circumstances, Entropic Recordings will now be known as Extraconscious Records.
A certain company believes they have a monopoly on the word "Entropic" despite our lack of similarity in niche and offerings. Since we operate this label for the sole reason of supporting artistic and musical excellence and not to maximize profit, we have no interest in litigation regarding mere nomenclature. The quality of our output speaks more loudly than any name possibly could. Therefore, we have decided our resources will be better spent on our bands than to fight this issue, and will begin to shift into our new identity immediately and continue business as usual.
We have more offerings on the way, so we hope you enjoy our new look.
----

apos;'
[image]