Metal Storm logo
Dawnbringer - Release New Album In September

US cult metal band Dawnbringer have completed work on their new album Nucleus, the follow-up to 2006's In Sickness And In Dreams. The album will be officially released on September 21st through Profound Lore Records.

Known as one of the metal underground's hidden gems and also known as one of the best American metal bands you haven't heard, Dawnbringer have been seen as one of the most startling and unique bands that the metal underground has ever produced.

Formed over 15 years ago by mastermind Chris Black, the band put out an EP followed by two killer and highly praised underground gems in the '90s, namely the Sacrament EP followed by the Unbleed and Catharsis Instinct full-lengths respectively.

And now Dawnbringer are on the brink of unleashing Nucleus, an album which will stand as one of the mightiest heavy metal albums you'll hear all year. While still incorporating many elements of metal , Nucleus showcases how traditional metal can uphold the classic heavy metal spirit (without regressing in an attempt to be "retro" or whatever) while at the same time come across as an offering that's forward-thinking and of course unique; an album which will help push the genre of heavy metal forward and help to lead the charge into metal's future.

Nucleus [cover art] tracklist:

01. So Much For Sleep
02. You Know Me
03. The Devil
04. Swing Hard [MP3]
05. Cataract
06. Like An Earthquake
07. All I See
08. Old Wizard
09. Pendulum

Source: profoundlorerecords.com
Posted: 01.08.2010 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 18 users
01.08.2010 - 19:07
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Quote:

Known as one of the metal underground's hidden gems and also known as one of the best American metal bands you haven't heard

Understatement of the fucking century. I literally cannot wait for this.

Shame I can't listen to that mp3 at the moment but fingers crossed for more blackened heavy metal.
01.08.2010 - 20:46
oroboros

Omfg this is brilliant...listening to catharsis Instinct for the first time and it slays.
01.08.2010 - 20:59
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by oroboros on 01.08.2010 at 20:46

Omfg this is brilliant...listening to catharsis Instinct for the first time and it slays.

What does it sound like? As much as I adore this band I've only ever heard In Sickness and In Dreams.
01.08.2010 - 21:32
oroboros

Written by Guest on 01.08.2010 at 20:59

What does it sound like? As much as I adore this band I've only ever heard In Sickness and In Dreams.

It sounds like classic heavy metal with a lot of black metal influences, both the genres mixed impressively indeed. Can't stop listening to it at the moment.
01.08.2010 - 21:34
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by oroboros on 01.08.2010 at 21:32

Written by Guest on 01.08.2010 at 20:59

It sounds like classic heavy metal with a lot of black metal influences, both the genres mixed impressively indeed. Can't stop listening to it at the moment.

Nice, that's what I was hoping for. In Sickness and In Dreams is amazing but only 24 minutes long so I could do with something to tide me over till the new album.
02.08.2010 - 16:02
INÆRIS

YES!!!
----
Still Life, Still Death

Hits total: 3223 | This month: 4