Metal Storm logo
Cradle Of Filth - Reveal New Album Title And Cover Art, New Song Available For Download

Original news, published on 03.08.2010

While I could have sworn the upcoming Cradle Of Filth album would be called All Hallows Eve, the band now revealed it will be Darkly Darkly Venus Aversa instead.

Darkly Darkly Venus Aversa will be released in North America on November 9 via Nuclear Blast Records. The record will be available in European stores on October 22 through Peaceville Records on the band's own AbraCadaver.

In an April press release, Darkly Darkly Venus Aversa was described as "a full-blown concept album, based on Adam's first wife, the lascivious Demoness Lilith; throwing Medieval nuns, Knights Templars, Greek mythology and lashings of sex, occult lore and violent bloodshed into the smelting pot, to create a darkly erotic nightmare set to their unique scope of supreme vampyric metal."

UPDATE

Cradle Of Filth have revealed the cover artwork for the upcoming Darkly, Darkly, Venus Aversa album.

In other news, you can click here to go to the new Cradle Of Filth microsite and sign up to the mailing list to receive your free MP3 download of the new song "Lilith Immaculate".

Source: peaceville.com
Band profile: Cradle Of Filth
Posted: 22.08.2010 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 40   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 460 users
03.08.2010 - 21:03
Baz Anderson

Now that's an album description.
03.08.2010 - 21:19
vezzy
Stallmanite
What a "great" title.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
03.08.2010 - 21:21
Thryce
Retired Staff
"Alright Shagrath, I see your Abrahadabra and I raise you a Darkly Darkly Venus Aversa." - Dani Filth on the latest Harry Potter trading card convention.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
03.08.2010 - 21:30
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
I would like to say this is a joke......i hope....a very very clever prank.....
kind of strange that their retreading the same story scenes as damnaion
03.08.2010 - 22:30
DoomGuard

Either we expect too much badassness to come from album titles and any title that isn't cool with us is corny....orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr that's just a really shitty title...i'm just gonna call it DDVA
03.08.2010 - 22:41
Got Mayhem?

Written by Thryce on 03.08.2010 at 21:21

"Alright Shagrath, I see your Abrahadabra and I raise you a Darkly Darkly Venus Aversa." - Dani Filth on the latest Harry Potter trading card convention.

Exactly what I was thinking when I saw it.
----
03.08.2010 - 23:52
Eddie Misery

A full blown concept album huh? I think it'd be worth mentioning if that WEREN'T the case, but, seeing how it always is, I fail to see why that's worth mentioning.
04.08.2010 - 01:17
Opethian

I will get this 'Fo Sho' hahaha
04.08.2010 - 01:38
fade
Son of Sweden
Nothing beats their Bathory stuff because they have sucked ever since.
----
The troubles of avoiding horseshit.
My Music database: http://www.racksandtags.com/northernsky/
04.08.2010 - 01:58
Jon

Written by DoomGuard on 03.08.2010 at 22:30

Either we expect too much badassness to come from album titles and any title that isn't cool with us is corny....orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr that's just a really shitty title...i'm just gonna call it DDVA

Awesome, reminds me of DVDA, Trey Parker's band Double Vaginal Double Anal. If you don't know them check out their song 'Chewbacca.'
----
A mythology is a religion different enough from your own for it's absurdity to be obvious.
04.08.2010 - 10:44
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Written by Thryce on 03.08.2010 at 21:21

Ahahah. Well spoken.

When I first read the album title I thought it was a joke... Don't know why but this came to my mind as I read it: "Something something something Dark Side"... lol
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
04.08.2010 - 17:14
paulo figueiredo
Account deleted
What is wrong with All Hallows Eve?? This new title is very very freakin' bad!
04.08.2010 - 17:58
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Guest on 04.08.2010 at 17:51

Venus aversa:
Coital position where the lovers are front to back ; penetration from the rear . Coined in the 1960s; seldom heard today.

source: http://www.sex-lexis.com/Sex-Dictionary/Venus%20aversa

Then, what's that Darkly Darkly.. twice

Um, wow.
This is probably gonna be the most "gothic erotica" album CoF has made. Dani's obsessed with that stuff.
----
04.08.2010 - 19:41
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Why did they have to double the word "darkly"??? It could have been a good title if it hadn't sounded like Gollum "filthy, filthy, nasty, nasty..."
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
05.08.2010 - 08:21
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by MétalNoir on 04.08.2010 at 19:41

Why did they have to double the word "darkly"??? It could have been a good title if it hadn't sounded like Gollum "filthy, filthy, nasty, nasty..."

Maybe the band were watching Lord Of The Rings when they came up with the title...
05.08.2010 - 08:28
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by vezzy on 03.08.2010 at 21:19

What a "great" title.

you mean "great great" title.

not sure why revealing an album title is particularly amazing. am i the only one who doesn't really give a fuck? if i like the band, cover art is nice (it's a visual thing), but for the most part just saying "the new album will drop August 30th" is the biggest thing to me.

at least COF also reveals the thematic concept with the press release. nice to provide a little "meat".
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
05.08.2010 - 09:25
Aetherius

Sounds Interesting
05.08.2010 - 15:38
Warman
Erotic Stains
This can only be bad ass!
----
07.08.2010 - 22:44
Elodie Artour
Slania
@Barry: What a description indeed! LOL

A while ago, I had kinda lost my hopes for COF's future but nowadays, I'm soo looking forward to listening to their new album! The title itself doesn't sound very promising but according to the description, the new release is going to be bad ass! I assume Cradle are back to their usual stuff in a unique way - just how they used to write music back in the day they weren't blinded by the idea of conquering North America and joining Nuclear-fucking-Blast. Seriously, they did take some wrong steps in their career but I really hope those mistakes will stay in the past...
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
07.08.2010 - 23:12
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Elodie Artour on 07.08.2010 at 22:44

@Barry: What a description indeed! LOL

A while ago, I had kinda lost my hopes for COF's future but nowadays, I'm soo looking forward to listening to their new album! The title itself doesn't sound very promising but according to the description, the new release is going to be bad ass! I assume Cradle are back to their usual stuff in a unique way - just how they used to write music back in the day they weren't blinded by the idea of conquering North America and joining Nuclear-fucking-Blast. Seriously, they did take some wrong steps in their career but I really hope those mistakes will stay in the past...

You better start lowering those hopes.
----
07.08.2010 - 23:21
Elodie Artour
Slania
I won't lower them unless the CD is a total disappointment.
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
07.08.2010 - 23:30
vezzy
Stallmanite
Actually, if you initially lower them, you'll find it better than it'll really be.
----
22.08.2010 - 20:54
Baz Anderson

Or... just listen to the last album and hope that it is something along those lines.
I trust they'll make this another great album, especially after this new song.
22.08.2010 - 21:03
Windrider
Raureif
Love both new artwork and the new track, just downloaded it, reminds me of Tragic Kingdom, love it!!
Only thing is guitars could be louder... so the snare...
22.08.2010 - 22:16
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
What a shitty artwork and title...
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
22.08.2010 - 23:02
Janne
Hugin
I don't give a fuck about the artwork and the title, it's the music that matters but.. this new song doesn't sound me dark at all..
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
22.08.2010 - 23:38
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by MétalNoir on 04.08.2010 at 19:41

Why is your nick Metalomorphis?
Stupid question? So is yours. They can name their album whatever they like. Picking on the double "darkly" is completely puerile...
22.08.2010 - 23:48
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
Cover Artwork makes me frown...
23.08.2010 - 02:09
Jiri

*vomits at both song and artwork*
23.08.2010 - 12:27
Elyar S.
Gud är Död
Cool.
----
Kiss my ass if you dont like me, I dont care.

Hits total: 7544 | This month: 5