Metal Storm logo
Epica

Original post

Posted by Etaín, 17.05.2006 - 18:47
New thread for this great Dutch band

So they just released 'The Road to Paradiso' photo sound book. Need to get my hands on this soon. They also recorded the show for a dvd if i remember correctly. Thats gonna be great
26.10.2007 - 10:41
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Simone Simons (vocals) and Mark Jansen (guitar, vocals) appeared on the Dutch TV program "Goede Morgen Nederland" (GMNL) Wednesday morning (October 24) on the national TV channel Nederland 1. They took part in a short acoustic performance and talked about their latest North American tour. You can watch the nine-minute clip at this location.
26.10.2007 - 16:35
Lupas
Maximus
Thanks for this link White

I can only understand the song Simons is great , she have a wonderful voice
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
26.10.2007 - 18:17
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Written by Lupas on 26.10.2007 at 16:35

Thanks for this link White

I can only understand the song Simons is great , she have a wonderful voice

The same for me. And even if it was in english, I shall not have understood it
26.10.2007 - 21:04
Cadaverous Moon
Account deleted
I really like Epica...The latest album is simply a masterpiece...
17.11.2007 - 14:07
Taktsekte
Your Ad Here!
I saw them live yesterday supporting Sonata Arctica. The setlist was:

Intro: Indigo
1. The Obsessive Devotion
2. Sensorium
3. Menace of Vanity
4. Quietus
5. Cry for the Moon
6. Sancta Terra
7. Fools of Damnation
8. The Divine Conspiracy

As you can see, they are playing many new songs in this tour. Nevertheless, although the Epica instrumentalists were awesome (especially Mark Jansen and his guitar riffs; in addition, his growls are incredibly powerful live), Simone definitely cannot sing. She butchered Sensorium and Menace of Vanity going constantly out of tune, she screamed too much or was unable to make herself undersandable in most of the songs, and she skipped all the Latin parts. The only song where I really liked her was Cry for the Moon. Anyway, as I said before, all the other five members were just outstanding.
17.11.2007 - 18:23
InsanitySpreads
Account deleted
I love Epica, they make very interesting music.
23.11.2007 - 21:30
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
France's Radio Metal conducted an interview with Simone Simons on November 14, 2007 in Lyon, France. You can watch the chat in three parts here, here and here.
25.11.2007 - 21:10
Bararey
Winter is Coming
Elite
Due to the fact that Epica is one of the bands that I must see live before I die, I flew to Seattle to see them perform last September.

The venue, Studio 7, was about 30 minutes away in the bus, in some sort of an industrial area. I got there just in time as Vision of Atlantis just started their set (thanks to the bus not being on schedule!), the place was half full, and it did not get any fuller by the time Epica started.

Ad and Coen were walking among the crowd during VoA performance, so I had the chance to talk to them and sign my booklet

This was Epica's setlist, as far as I can recall:

The Obsessive Devotion
Sensorium
Mother Of Light
Sancta Terra
Menace of Vanity
Beyond Belief
Cry For The Moon
Safeguard to Paradise
Living a Lie
Facade Of Reality
Seif al Din
The Phantom Agony
Quietus
Consign To Oblivion

Mosh pits were breaking when ever Mark started to sing, I never thought to see mosh pits during an Epica concert. Quietus was preformed with both Mark and Simone's vocals, and the actual song from that night can be viewed here, I was right in front of Ad next to the balding guy more towards the side so, no I couldn't spot myself in the video

And here are some of the picture that I took:
Coen, Ad, Simeone, Mark, Yves, Ad & Simone.

And of course, my highlight of the evening was meeting Mark
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
02.12.2007 - 17:14
epica!!!! i really like theire music.. especially the albums consign to oblivion.. but the phantom agony and the divine conspiracy are also realy great albums.. i've seen epica live twice
----
02.12.2007 - 22:46
Bash'
:)
Sigh .. you all go for live concerts but me

Epica, I like their The Phantom Agony most, then Solitary Ground ..

Maybe I still have to give more listens The Divine Conspiracy, btw it has the Islamic Adan between Living A Lie & Fools Of Damnation...!!
----
I saw her standing by the crimson sea...
Isolated by the silent thoughts...
Her gazing was intense but so dead...

The teardrops corroded the soil.. She couldn't say a word to me...
03.12.2007 - 17:42
Written by Bash' on 02.12.2007 at 22:46

Maybe I still have to give more listens The Divine Conspiracy, btw it has the Islamic Adan between Living A Lie & Fools Of Damnation...!!

as epica comes from Holland they've got a lot of concerts in Holland so i've got more possibilities to go to one
----
03.12.2007 - 17:47
I made this photo at a concert in october:

----
07.12.2007 - 16:05
Black Winter

Epica came here in Tunisia two years ago,I didn't go because I didn't know them then,but people who went really enjoyed the performance
----
Once the people decides to live, destiny will definetly obey..

T u n i s i a F r e e !
17.12.2007 - 09:04
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Elena Mihailidou and Vasilis Mazaris of Metalzone.gr conducted an interview with the group's vocalist, Simone Simons. You can find this interview at this location.
27.12.2007 - 14:37
Sekhmet
Electric Witch
To the French MSrs from Toulouse:

Epica will be signing autographs on February, 19th, during the afternoon in the local "Fnac" (that's a big cultural store selling books, music, etc... for non French MSrs who may wonder what it is). They'll be playing at the Bikini this same evening (as scheduled).
----
I wish I had a mental survival kit...
03.01.2008 - 18:44
Hellsing
They are not the best in their genre, but they are cool... and I love Simone Simons lol
----
±M@u®î©îر
www.myspace.com/voidcr
www.myspace.com/strato_mauricio
23.01.2008 - 03:38
Cock_Spit
Account deleted
Hell! Why don't they wanna come in Wpg? Oh I know why......THEY DONT KNOW TALENT AND GOOD MUSIC AND THEY'RE TOO CHEAP TO AFFORD THEM....I meant wpg

haha.

I hate it when Three Days Grace and loads of other shit bands that come here. -shakesfist-

Anyways. In the positive side. CHILDREN OF BODOM, NIGHTWISH, AND IRON MAIDEN WOOO can't fcking wait..(>_<) ,,,/
29.01.2008 - 08:09
omjaimes
omjaimes
Epica in Bogotá - Colombia ... March 23 - 07 ... few tickets
08.02.2008 - 11:32
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master

Do you mean that Solitary Ground is an album? Cuz it's not It's a song on the Consign to Oblivion album!

Epica is just simply awesome! Saw them live supporting Sonata in November in Gothenburg! So fucking cool, especially the Keyboardist (don't know his name), and Mark Jansen. Had the chance to meet Mark after the concert, as well as their session drummer who was awesome. Right there I went to buy their album, only to get it signed by Mark ^^
11.02.2008 - 21:33
Written by =maD.Doc:. on 08.02.2008 at 11:32

Do you mean that Solitary Ground is an album? Cuz it's not It's a song on the Consign to Oblivion album!

Epica is just simply awesome! Saw them live supporting Sonata in November in Gothenburg! So fucking cool, especially the Keyboardist (don't know his name), and Mark Jansen. Had the chance to meet Mark after the concert, as well as their session drummer who was awesome. Right there I went to buy their album, only to get it signed by Mark ^^

the name of the keyboardplayer is Coen he's really great and also really nice and funny.. i also met Mark, Simone and Ad
----
11.02.2008 - 22:24
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
Written by face_your_demons on 11.02.2008 at 21:33

the name of the keyboardplayer is Coen he's really great and also really nice and funny.. i also met Mark, Simone and Ad

Ah, Okay. Haven't really gotten into the band quite yet so I don't know the names. Of course I know Mark, Ad and Simone I even have Ad's pick from their Gothenburg show 3rd of November last year ^^
07.04.2008 - 12:17
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
Well, I saw the band the night before the video link I'm putting up for you all, but it was quite similar to the performance they played in Massachusetts @ The Middle East I have to say though, I am a bit jealous of this show here, because this is a much more enthusiastic Epica crowd; the crowd at the show I went to was really a Symphony X crowd, a band I'm not much interested in to begin with. Anyway, Amanda sounds great! She's a bit different at times, and is more strength-oriented in her vocal style whereas Simone is softer, but really, Amanda did a great job! I just wished Epica was headlining like they were last tour

Here's a video from the New York show....
Video
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
08.04.2008 - 17:33
Bararey
Winter is Coming
Elite
Written by Jason W. on 07.04.2008 at 12:17

I just wished Epica was headlining like they were last tour

How long was their set? And do you remember the setlist?
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
08.04.2008 - 19:06
Bash'
:)

hehe friend I dunno what I was meaning that time... but as it's Solitary Ground then I meant the track not the album... yeah till now these two are my top fav tracks for the band so sure yeah I mean the song

sorry late I've been away for SO long! take care
----
I saw her standing by the crimson sea...
Isolated by the silent thoughts...
Her gazing was intense but so dead...

The teardrops corroded the soil.. She couldn't say a word to me...
10.04.2008 - 23:20
juanopereira
I hope Simone gets well soon.
10.04.2008 - 23:25
Elodie Artour
Slania
We all hope so.It's not that Amanda isn't a good vocal-of course she is.But Epica is Epica with Simone,and I like her much more than Amanda.So,we all wish Simone good health.
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
13.04.2008 - 13:42
MetalShadow
Account deleted
Epica is great!
04.07.2008 - 00:06
Ernis
狼獾
I stood in rain and hail with thunder and lightning and stared at Simone at Tuska's eve last week....I call this an experience of life...the atmosphere was great and I wish to experience it once again in future....
09.07.2008 - 19:30
Elodie Artour
Slania
@Viggo: Haha, indeed it had been a good experience for you - watching Simone Simons LIVE!

*just kidding*

Yeah, she's indeed awesome!And I don't mean just as appearance - she also sings very good.I love her voice.

I really wish to see them live one day...
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
22.07.2008 - 09:00
HELL-ME
Account deleted
Hell yeah!!!!
I just love this band!!!
I missed a gig here in Tunisia the last year... They performed in my country but i just missed it!!!!
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
U know??? i know some people who assisted the concert and they took a shots and a little videos... i just want 2 kill'em all!!!!
But one thing!!! The voice of simone rocks, But i don't know... the way she acts on stage is not METAL u know!
It's more poppy than to be metal!!
But... Epica Stills the best of bands i ever heared about... They are doing a great job!!!