Metal Storm logo
Epica

Original post

Posted by Etaín, 17.05.2006 - 18:47
New thread for this great Dutch band

So they just released 'The Road to Paradiso' photo sound book. Need to get my hands on this soon. They also recorded the show for a dvd if i remember correctly. Thats gonna be great
23.11.2009 - 21:45
Ernis
狼獾
Written by =maD.Doc:. on 23.11.2009 at 06:25

Hehe, yeah, that's a great pic of her, wonder if she was aware that you could see her boobs throught her top that night xD

Well...there's nothing she should be ashamed of : )
She has enchanting body...
24.11.2009 - 14:59
GT
Coffee!!
A very nice pic indeed...nothing to be ashamed of there
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
25.11.2009 - 15:37
GT
Coffee!!
Written by =maD.Doc:. on 23.11.2009 at 06:25

Hehe, yeah, that's a great pic of her, wonder if she was aware that you could see her boobs throught her top that night xD

I think she found out:

The rest of the photos can be seen here
----

26.11.2009 - 16:34
SatyriconChick

^ Damn, poor Simone!
29.11.2009 - 23:21
Cock_Spit
Account deleted
Lmao. Now that's gotta be embarrassing. But yeah.. Poor Simone.

Well at least Justin Timberlake didnt pull off the front of her shirt.
03.12.2009 - 01:57
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
So, Luisa (My GF) was in the concert on sunday, and it rocked, she said. Anyway that's not the point:
at the end of the concert, well the band was going out, everyone was reaching for Simone, and basically ignoring the rest of the band, (That shows how ignorant people are. She's not the band, she doesn't even sing that amazing) and someone actually touched her hair, and she turned and said with a totally arrogant voice "Don't touch my hair, please"
What the fuck. What did she expect? The theater was full everyone was singing along ad stuff, they went to see her, basically, you can't say something like that. Goddammit now I dislike this band even more. She may be hot as hell, but that doesn't give her the right do be an arrogant bitch. She's not Tarja, She's not Angela Gossow, she's not Floor Jansen.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
03.12.2009 - 16:31
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 03.12.2009 at 01:57

So, Luisa (My GF) was in the concert on sunday, and it rocked, she said. Anyway that's not the point:
at the end of the concert, well the band was going out, everyone was reaching for Simone, and basically ignoring the rest of the band, (That shows how ignorant people are. She's not the band, she doesn't even sing that amazing) and someone actually touched her hair, and she turned and said with a totally arrogant voice "Don't touch my hair, please"
What the fuck. What did she expect? The theater was full everyone was singing along ad stuff, they went to see her, basically, you can't say something like that. Goddammit now I dislike this band even more. She may be hot as hell, but that doesn't give her the right do be an arrogant bitch. She's not Tarja, She's not Angela Gossow, she's not Floor Jansen.

What do you expect? I would do the same if people touch my hair
03.12.2009 - 17:06
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Diabolos on 03.12.2009 at 16:31

What do you expect? I would do the same if people touch my hair

So you're a metal diva as well? Fag
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

06.12.2009 - 21:05
VPeter

What the hell do you expect? That she just excepts being touched? you know how fans can get beserk sometimes, it's just perfect normal cautious. Nice comparison by the way with Tarja, if there is an arrogant bitch it's that f*cking whore. And at least Simone doesn't use effects to change her voice like Angela Gimpish troll Gossow.
07.12.2009 - 04:49
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Well, glad to see this thread has deteriorated so nicely into insulting vocalists

About Simone not wanting her hair being touched, well, I cannot think of any reason why I would touch or grab someone's hair in that kind of situation without it coming off as rude or obnoxious. There are plenty of beautiful women and talented women I'd take the opportunity to become more than friends with if the situation was right, but to just walk up to them and feel up their hair would be absurd.

On her end though, maybe Simone could refrain from getting so close to fans (or tie her hair back), or maybe market herself differently to stop the obsessed fans from gathering at her feet, I'm not sure. I do know that there are plently awesome and beautiful singers that none of their fans would pull that move or even gawk over them, so it's something that Simone (and a few others) have to deal with, as much as I find it pathetic all the drooling and unnecessary attention.
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
07.12.2009 - 06:17
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Normal cautious my ass. My point was: there are other ways. As an artist you owe yourself to the fans, specially if it's the first time you visit a city. That was rude and arrogant.

Petur, relax, OK? Good god man, you act as if she was your sister or something.
----

07.12.2009 - 13:55
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 07.12.2009 at 06:17

Normal cautious my ass. My point was: there are other ways. As an artist you owe yourself to the fans, specially if it's the first time you visit a city. That was rude and arrogant.

I still don't get it, what is arrogant when you say "Please don't touch my hair"?
07.12.2009 - 14:55
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Diabolos on 07.12.2009 at 13:55

I still don't get it, what is arrogant when you say "Please don't touch my hair"?

Indeed....she didn't actually say "Don't touch my hair, you eff-face!" nor "Don't touch my hair, mothafockah!" nor "Hands off my hair, you arsehole!"
She said "please" : )
07.12.2009 - 22:34
Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk
To Mega Therion
Written by Ernis on 07.12.2009 at 14:55

Indeed....she didn't actually say "Don't touch my hair, you eff-face!" nor "Don't touch my hair, mothafockah!" nor "Hands off my hair, you arsehole!"

It's probably not what she said, but how she said it.
----

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and they all stink.
07.12.2009 - 23:12
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk on 07.12.2009 at 22:34

Written by Ernis on 07.12.2009 at 14:55

It's probably not what she said, but how she said it.

Exactly.
----

07.12.2009 - 23:54
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
I think you just don't like her without any reason (don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of her, I even think that she isn't hot in any way, but I also don't hate her because I have no reason for that )
08.12.2009 - 01:31
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I don't hate her for no reason. Actually I think she's pretty hot.
But apparently she has a goddess status here and I can't dislike the fact that she's an arrogant diva because everyone will jump on me and beat me to death.
----

08.12.2009 - 13:05
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 08.12.2009 at 01:31

But apparently she has a goddess status here and I can't dislike the fact that she's an arrogant diva because everyone will jump on me and beat me to death.

Her status has nothing to do with herself (especially for someone who loves Metallica which is the most overrated band of all time ). And I still don't know why you think that she's arrogant, you were not there and you probably never met her.
08.12.2009 - 18:37
GT
Coffee!!
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 08.12.2009 at 01:31

You can dislike her all you want if you have reasons for it...and from my point of view you're only basing your "arrogant diva" label on the sentence "don't touch my hair, please". We don't know how it was said and so on, but to me it's not really an argument. She said "please"; that's not arrogant is it? Had she said anything like what Viggo wrote, then yes I could perhaps have agreed...now not at all.
----

08.12.2009 - 20:02
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
It's not what she said, it's HOW she said, with a disgust face. Actually I asked Luisa last night about it and thguy touched her hair accidentally, as they whole mass of people where trying to reach her to get the Cds signed.
----

08.12.2009 - 22:05
Ernis
狼獾
I somehow have a feeling we have another candidate for this year's "Best Drama Award"....
08.12.2009 - 22:10
Cock_Spit
Account deleted
Lmao @Hobbit Viggo.

Holy shit... too much in here..
Quit it. -closes ears- lalalalala'

I'll find out if she is arrogant... on Feb.
09.12.2009 - 00:46
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Written by Guest on 08.12.2009 at 22:10

I'll find out if she is arrogant... on Feb.

Yeah, actually now that I think of it, I coughed up the extra money for VIP/meeting tickets with the band in January, so I wonder how she will be then as well
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
23.12.2009 - 18:12
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Going to see them next March xD Let's just hope she won't be sick again.. lol And, arrogant or not, they're a great band and I'm sure they're giving us a good concert (or so I hope).
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
03.02.2010 - 22:55
Ernis
狼獾
I have now gotten into their new album more thoroughly and it indeed is a very strong one... very good orchestrations... Plus the oriental approach they have is pleasing this time as well... In fact, the first part of the title track itself is almost identical in style and performance and sound as the soundtrack of Prince Of Persia... I wonder if they'd cooperate at creating the soundtrack for the upcoming games... it'd be heavenly...
20.02.2010 - 09:09
Evican
Ann O'War
I just got back from Canada as I went over to see Epica in Alberta and BC. I saw them three times (VIP all three times too) and all three times Simone was humble and appreciative, as were the rest of the guys. She's not as talkative as say Mark or Isaac, but she was very nice to everyone at the meet and greets. As most other female front women, she distances herself from the fans more so than the guys do, but I guess it's understandable as fans can get out of hand. The hair touching being a prime example.

However... I got to talk to her a little more when Mark and I hung out at their hotel in Victoria and she and Oliver had just showered and were drying and brushing each other's hair before going back to the bus. She wasn't overly talkative, but there was conversation. Including making fun of me for what my surname means in Dutch.
20.02.2010 - 19:52
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Written by Evican on 20.02.2010 at 09:09

I just got back from Canada as I went over to see Epica in Alberta and BC. I saw them three times (VIP all three times too) and all three times Simone was humble and appreciative, as were the rest of the guys. She's not as talkative as say Mark or Isaac, but she was very nice to everyone at the meet and greets. As most other female front women, she distances herself from the fans more so than the guys do, but I guess it's understandable as fans can get out of hand. The hair touching being a prime example.

However... I got to talk to her a little more when Mark and I hung out at their hotel in Victoria and she and Oliver had just showered and were drying and brushing each other's hair before going back to the bus. She wasn't overly talkative, but there was conversation. Including making fun of me for what my surname means in Dutch.

Ahah That sounded nice. I bet she's a nice person despite everything that's said about her. Nice pic in your profile with her btw
I'm so looking forward to see them in a month.. Too bad I cant get VIP access and meet them personally
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
20.02.2010 - 20:28
MeTalRea|istiK

The only thing i love bout epica is SIMONE SIMMONS!!YEAH!!
21.02.2010 - 01:02
Evican
Ann O'War
Written by Dark Blood on 20.02.2010 at 19:52

Written by Evican on 20.02.2010 at 09:09

Ahah That sounded nice. I bet she's a nice person despite everything that's said about her. Nice pic in your profile with her btw
I'm so looking forward to see them in a month.. Too bad I cant get VIP access and meet them personally

She is nice, just a little reserved and guarded. Thank you. I flew 15 hours for that photo, haha!

They are amazing live and I'm so glad I got to see them. If they aren't playing at a huge festival, you should be able to talk to them after the show. All of them except Simone and Oliver were walking around just after they finished playing.
21.02.2010 - 01:22
Jason W.
Razorbliss
I also found the band to be the same earlier in their tour here in Massachusetts My friend and I also had the VIP tickets, and the band was quite personal at the signing desk. Simone had kind of a "deer in the headlights" personality as my friend described, but pleasant nonetheless! As we were all waiting outside before the signing session, she had walked by and was very casual in her comments aloud that she was walking in the totally wrong direction. I kind of have the feeling she's more relaxed and social when not in "band mode".

Epica were great even on the pathetically small stage they have there. It was a real change after seeing them at MFVF this past October!
----