Metal Storm logo
Your writing projects

21.08.2006 - 19:40
Soliloquy

so, have you guys done some major projects while writing? what i mean is, that anyone can simply write soemthing and make it sound good. but have you done soemthing different with your writing to make it unique? or even original?

for example, when i first started writing some 10 years ago, i just wrote regular stuff in a lil book. then some 5 years ago, i started making the book look pretty visually by having good covers, or adding my lil art work every now and then. then i started using feathers as book marks. then my second last book, i stitched a book mark, and made it look like it came in contact with some blood, and the main characters in the book(that i wrote) have some significance to that book mark.

and now my final progect, not only is it the biggest thing i have ever writen, and not only has it taken me more than 10 months(and i'm still writing) but to make this project truly unlike all my other work is that i am adding a sound track to it. the sound track would be full of ballads, with the exception of 'bad horsie' by Steve Vai. but i would also be adding my own songs that i record just for the purpose of that play.

so have you guys done soemthing like that? i'm not saying doing a sound track, or using feathers, or art...but soemthing unique just to make it different from others
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
22.08.2006 - 02:07
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Well I'm not sure if this is what you meant but....

I used to write a lot of poetry and when I had like two notebooks full of poems I gathered 121 of those which I liked the best. I diversed them into 11 chapters (both numbers 121 and 11 had a meaning), each with its own title and transformed the chosen poems into the shape of shakesperian sonnet, so that the ideas, symboles and motives didn't get lost, I just rephrased it and worked on the rhymes. I started to write poetry when I was 17, inspired by romanticism and poetry of the graves and when rephrasing them two years later I also added some of the renaissance spirit into it. As both of my former notebooks remained ''Untitled'' I entitled the collection Gregorian Chants, written some sort of an uverture and dedication and ended it with some sort of postludium.

And then I threw it away, not so long ago. I just had to.

Now I am working on something new and I hope it won't be necessary to throw it away in some years.
I started actually with an old idea of an old chapter in Gregorian Chants, entiled My Martyr and changed it into My Monster. I'm actually very satisfied with it so far, my new works have no specific shape but I think I have learnt through years how to use rethorical figures just as I go with the flow and I base most of it on surrealism, experssinism and modernism, adding spirit of decadance and new romanticism as well. Before the poem begins I also always add a verse or a piece of song in the beginning that is close to the idea of my poem.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
22.08.2006 - 05:29
Soliloquy

Written by AnGina-- on 22.08.2006 at 02:07

And then I threw it away, not so long ago. I just had to.

you did...what? :O thats blasphemy!

it may be your personal choise to do so, but may i ask why? i lost my second and third books while moving, but i would never throw my work away. my reason being: you never know what is hidden behind those pages.

you might like a line from one of your poems years after you write it, and re-use that or soemthing
----

-Zakk Wylde
22.08.2006 - 12:55
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
@Soliloquy: ah well.... It was a rather complicated thing. I was one of those who used her poems as a psychiatrist, whenever I was fed up with emotions I just threw them on the paper. And reading those poems after all the years I'd realised they're the only thing that was holding me to my past. And well, a month ago I came to a break point due to personal shit going in my life and I just knew I had to throw them away, otherwise I'd still be living in the past. Yes, it is blasphemous in a way, after all it consisted of my very first works, it was 3 years of my work, but nonetheless, I'm glad I did it, because it actually helped me to leave my past behind and going on.

And besides, I have read my poems so many times and I still know all the verses I liked the most, so I can re-use them any time
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
22.08.2006 - 16:18
Soliloquy

ahh, then its all cool. yeah, i should read my work more often. i wrote em long ass time ago, but never went over em. and from time to time i read em.

i must say my older work was seriously emo and typical teen angst stuff. but i still wont throw them away becuase that was me a decade ago. and this is me today. its a good way to see how much you have evolved over the years
----

-Zakk Wylde
21.09.2006 - 05:44
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Well, I don't actually ahve a project. Sometimes I write short tales. Sometimes weird, sometimes I addapt sruff from real life... The only thing that is constant is teh main character. He's a mystery novel writer, I tell things that happen to him. Maybe I'm a bit influenced by the dsadness and tragedy in Shakespeare, but mixtured with chronicles. Chronicles of the writer's life.

Also I write chronicles from time to time... But journalistic chronicles... Specially now I'm in a classs called "Narrative journalism seminar". It's very focused in writing chronicles, so obviously I'll work pretty much in that genre, which happens to be my favourite journalistic genre.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
30.09.2006 - 21:14
Soliloquy

aright, my project is going pretty well. recorded bunch of stuff, but only the song 'in dreams we trust....' will be on the sound track:

http://www.myspace.com/solilaquy
----

-Zakk Wylde
09.02.2008 - 18:24
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I'm trying to write my 3rd poetry book. It has a name already and I wrote about 6 poems for it, its my ongoing project. I have not been as successful as in the other writing processes I think. I guess I lost something in the way. My first book is very depressing and I was proud when I had the chance to publish it but somehow I felt sad, I felt like what I wrote had left me somehow. I felt I didnt want to share more of poems with people. So now I'm kinda hidding it for myself kinda like I did in the beginning. Its still a project and a goal for me to finish it although I don't know if I can share it this time...
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
09.02.2008 - 20:02
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
i am currently programming php interface for my project of cooperatively created fantasy world called Emdaus...the idea of this project is, that anyone who is interested in writing fantasy can join and add his piece into the world...the idea of this world, the basic facts and brief history is made by me, but i want share it with others one day...i hope i will be ready to launch my on-line version of it sometimes during the spring or early summer...of course each of you who is interested, will be welcome
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

27.02.2008 - 18:50
pietje
Account deleted
Well, I write all kinds that are philosophical, sometimes about psychology, sometimes about religion. But it costs a lot of research and time, which I don't have much, so I try to do as much as I can. I don't really feel comfortable with the name philosophy, for it is today something vague and unscientific, so I rather call myself a general scientist. But this means that I have to give my work a very strong scientific foundation, which costs a lot of time as I said and so I need more time for research than for writing. When I have the research done I can do the writing in probably two or three month's.
01.03.2008 - 20:49
Soliloquy

just to let you know, the project i was working on when i wrote the very first post on this thread...yup, that very same project is still something i'm working on. its been i think 3 years or so.
----

-Zakk Wylde
01.03.2008 - 20:58
belisarius

i'm writing an essay on angels for school, i read paradise lost by john milton and i chose to talk about the analysis of the characters and angels and heaven/hell/earth
----
I am a God in the deepest corner of my mind
27.10.2008 - 14:54
belisarius

Written by Guest on 27.02.2008 at 18:50

Well, I write all kinds that are philosophical, sometimes about psychology, sometimes about religion. But it costs a lot of research and time, which I don't have much, so I try to do as much as I can. I don't really feel comfortable with the name philosophy, for it is today something vague and unscientific, so I rather call myself a general scientist. But this means that I have to give my work a very strong scientific foundation, which costs a lot of time as I said and so I need more time for research than for writing. When I have the research done I can do the writing in probably two or three month's.

can you give an example of what you write?
----
29.10.2008 - 16:49
Aei Ontos
Account deleted
I wrote a while ago a essay about chaos and order. This was more for fun, but it turned out a bit more seriously than I was planning before. The essay showed that chaos is order for the one that created it. Many things that seemed to be chaos are now clear as being order, such as the ways of the stars and planets. There was a vision shown that leads to the knowledge that there must be a creator. I'll try to translate what I wrote and e-mail it to you once, but please don't expect iti to soon as I am pretty busy the coming weeks.
29.10.2008 - 21:32
belisarius

Written by Guest on 29.10.2008 at 16:49

I wrote a while ago a essay about chaos and order. This was more for fun, but it turned out a bit more seriously than I was planning before. The essay showed that chaos is order for the one that created it. Many things that seemed to be chaos are now clear as being order, such as the ways of the stars and planets. There was a vision shown that leads to the knowledge that there must be a creator. I'll try to translate what I wrote and e-mail it to you once, but please don't expect iti to soon as I am pretty busy the coming weeks.

if you wrote it in dutch, you won't have to translate it (i'm from Flanders)
----
01.11.2008 - 21:49
Aei Ontos
Account deleted
Written by belisarius on 29.10.2008 at 21:32

Written by Guest on 29.10.2008 at 16:49

if you wrote it in dutch, you won't have to translate it (i'm from Flanders)

Of course, how stupid.
19.08.2009 - 17:49
Peuranpuolikas

I´m writing a book. It is my first complete novel and currently it has 22000+ words (<100 pages). I´m trying to write 1000 words per day, so if all goes well, the book (at the moment titled "Elements" - no worries: will change) will be ready in december. Basic idea is that few people should die in New York, but they don´t die and get cool powers! I know it sounds stupid and cliche, but its not. I think its a pretty good book and I hope it will be published some day.
----
Look, The old Bitch is back!
05.12.2009 - 22:50
the stranger

I have written a novel. There are no character names, there are no names in general, the novel doesn't even have a proper name. It's name is "...". Also, there are no dialogue lines. The dialogues flow with the action being told. I have managed myself to write in a certain way that it doesn't sound like anything I have read.
05.12.2009 - 23:22
Ragana
Rawrcat
When I was 13, I wrote a novel with about 10 000 words (9935, to be precise) and it had 13 chapters... I publicised it on the Internet. People liked it, but it was VERY childish, I can't even re-read it now... it seems so funny. Well, anyway, that is all I've ever finished writing...
I'd like to write more but I lack ideas. :/
06.12.2009 - 23:21
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Ragana on 05.12.2009 at 23:22

When I was 13, I wrote a novel with about 10 000 words (9935, to be precise) and it had 13 chapters... I publicised it on the Internet. People liked it, but it was VERY childish, I can't even re-read it now... it seems so funny. Well, anyway, that is all I've ever finished writing...

lol what was it about?
06.12.2009 - 23:47
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Valentin B on 06.12.2009 at 23:21

Written by Ragana on 05.12.2009 at 23:22

lol what was it about?

It was a typical teen drama (you know - girl likes a guy but the guy likes some other girl and that girl doesn't like him, blah blah blah).
09.12.2009 - 05:37
Bloody Rain
I Am The Night
I've been working on a story where the Easter Bunny wages war against Santa Clause to see who will dominate the holidays. I've only got a little bit complete (I probably should write more...) but I do have lots of ideas. I just need to put the ideas to work so to speak. Though I must confess that I'm really lazy and lack motivation to really continue. I only work a little bit at a time.

EDIT: I remember another one I was working on. It's really stupid (just plays on words), but basically there is this village named "Bodom". One day the main character (I don't have a name for him yet...) wakes up to hear that all of the children in this village have been kidnapped. He soon learns that the culprit were trolls from the forest known as "Black Metal". They are identified with their mostly white faces with some black spots around the eyes. Anyhow the reason why the trolls kidnapped them was because none of the kids were born in Bodom. They were all adopted. The trolls are offended by this blasphemy because the children are not "tr00" to the village. So for some reason the main character is selected to go rescue the kids. He travels with a Blind Guardian as well as a Maiden made entirely out of Iron to rescue the children of Bodom from the black metal trolls.
09.12.2009 - 06:33
Culty

The black metal thing reminds me of this picture
http://www.metal-archives.com/images/4/9/3/493_photo.jpg
----
Gfnttlr
10.09.2010 - 02:50
RobertNowhere

Im really into surrealist/dada/experimental text, and i really like the idea of writing a chapbook of stuff and infusing it with a visual element...just for my own purposes, really...kind of like a surrealist book of shadows...
----
http://robertnowhere.blogspot.com
04.08.2011 - 20:45
whatsacow

I'm currently writing a novel using characters from Greek mythology to satirise religion and politics. The unique thing I've done (well I don't know of anyone else doing this in the written media) Is write it as a film extra. So its sort of like Garth Marenghi's Dark Place in a way, where it cuts out of the plot and explains why we did certain things. I made up an entire cast (with likenesses to real stars and actors), and all the extra stuff is told completely straight. So you've got the story line where the humour is sort of like monty python, very zany, silly, and satirical; then you've got the extra stuff, which is more deadpan, and the humour comes from the likenesses and the complete and utter lack of filmic knowledge.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
04.08.2011 - 20:47
whatsacow

Written by the stranger on 05.12.2009 at 22:50

I have written a novel. There are no character names, there are no names in general, the novel doesn't even have a proper name. It's name is "...". Also, there are no dialogue lines. The dialogues flow with the action being told. I have managed myself to write in a certain way that it doesn't sound like anything I have read.

Sounds a bit like Cormac McCarthy. I'd be interested to read.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
06.08.2011 - 17:33
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
I'd like to write the story of a black metal pioneer.
15.08.2011 - 01:15
rekkuza-

I write Fanfiction as a vocation to prove to the world that not everyone who writes this stuff are hormone-driven, illiterate fangirls.
----
The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it- Oscar Wilde
16.08.2011 - 09:06
whatsacow

Written by rekkuza- on 15.08.2011 at 01:15

I write Fanfiction as a vocation to prove to the world that not everyone who writes this stuff are hormone-driven, illiterate fangirls.

What sort of fan fiction?
----
16.08.2011 - 17:43
rekkuza-

Written by whatsacow on 16.08.2011 at 09:06

Written by rekkuza- on 15.08.2011 at 01:15

What sort of fan fiction?

Well, just stuff on my favourite TV shows and books. I am writing this one on the Big Bang Theory, and I also wrote this one on the Picture of Dorian Gray, by my favourite author, Oscar Wilde. ^^
----
The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it- Oscar Wilde