Metal Storm logo
Y&T - Bassist Diagnosed With Cancer

More bad news from the front... Also bassist Phil Kennemore of hard-rock/heavy metal band Y&T has been diagnosed with cancer.

Here's what the man himself has said of his condition: "Up to now you haven't heard much information (other than about my extreme back pain) because there really hasn't been much until now. I hated leaving you all in the dark but I didn't want to say anything until there was something conclusive to say. We do have a lot more information now. The number one thing you need to know is that I have cancer. It wasn't absolutely formally diagnosed until yesterday.

With the bad news I also got the good news that along with surgery and treatments, I will be back rockin' and rollin'. I'll be getting a hip replacement as well as back surgery, which means I'll also be more agile. The doctor said that this is treatable and I'll be walking out of this place and I'll be able to go on the road and do everything I need to do to continue my rock 'n' roll life, in due time.

I wanted to thank everyone for your well wishes. I've been sitting here in the hospital reading all of the things that you've all posted online, and I want you to know it means so very much to me to see how much I am loved, supported, and missed. I can really feel the love as I'm reading. I love reading your posts on the web site forum, and, in fact, I need to hear it. From here on out, whatever thoughts and feelings you have, please know that I wish that I could personally respond to each and every one of you, but I'm not able to right now.

Brad - thank God for Brad (Lang)! I'm so grateful that he stepped in to help keep Y&T on tour, bringing the Facemelter album to the people while I was ordered to the hospital. Right now I think he's the best guy on earth!

I'll be released from the hospital within three-to-four weeks, continuing treatment, and at some point, I'll be returning to the road. Keep the love and good vibes flowing. Do me a favor and go out and see the band now - Y&T is kicking serious ass - and I'll be back rocking with you all soon."

Source: meniketti.com
Posted: 09.08.2010 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 133 users
09.08.2010 - 23:38
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Seems heavy metal musicians aren't in the clear yet. Massacre Month (i.e. May) was just the beginning...

Good luck and speedy recovery to all those affected.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
09.08.2010 - 23:43
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Yikes. Seems no one is safe.
10.08.2010 - 00:21
Elodie Artour
Slania
Not again, please! At least, he's able to be treated, so that he'll be all right after a while...
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
10.08.2010 - 03:16
dodstink

I never heard this band but I wish quick recovering.
10.08.2010 - 04:49
Lit. Metalhead
Account deleted
God damn Cancer straight to Hell.
10.08.2010 - 05:53
Derwood

Other than a couple years in the 90's, Phil's been with them since the 70's. I first heard Y & T on the Metal for Breakfast compilation (along with Mercyful Fate and Saxon...it was 1984 and I was 13). I was never really a fan, but I still wish him a full and speedy recovery.
----
You can't fight evil with a macaroni duck!
10.08.2010 - 10:56
Prisoner
Account deleted
Ah fuck this disease!! I hope he gets better soon!
10.08.2010 - 13:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I hope it wont be Dio way, realy hope
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.08.2010 - 16:57
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Damn, bad news. Been a fan of the band ever since 1983 and only recently saw them live for my very first time, at Hellfest.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

Hits total: 2518 | This month: 3