Metal Storm logo
Stream Of Passion

17.05.2006 - 19:01
Etaín
Anyone here who enjoys this band as much as i do?

New project of Arjen Lucassen (Ayreon, Star One, ...) with great singer Marcela Bovio. Arjen liked her voice so much that he decided to make a whole project around her singing and her writing. And imo the result is amazing. They just released a first live dvd. Im hoping for a new album pretty soon
17.05.2006 - 21:51
pyroclasm
Account deleted
I like Stream of Passion, but I like Ayreon as a whole even more. The idea of using all sorts of voacalists is appealing. Marcela's voice is good and it's a good project though. And I'm going to see them live soon!
17.05.2006 - 21:57
Etaín
I totally prefer SoP over Ayreon. Ayreon is nice, but i dont get whats so special about them. Yeah, SoP may not be so special either or original. But i just think that the music, vocals ... its all so beautiful. And thats what makes me like em
17.05.2006 - 22:39
Immortal Slave
Account deleted
SoP is a great band. They may not be the most original in style but they certainly excel in what they do. Its great the way they've recorded "Embrace the Storm" over 2 continents like that. I have a lot of respect for them. Marcela's have one of the best voices around today imo. (If you're keen, check out her band Elfonia in Mexico. www.elfonia.com )

They're all really great people too!!
18.05.2006 - 11:58
Stoemp
I have never been so keen on Ayreon, but SoP is SO good! While most other metal music helps me in canalising my frustrations and aggression, SoP just makes me happy. Marcela's voice is amazing and the compositions are perfect! Can't hardly wait for the new album. Thank God I will catch them at Graspop this year. Yesssssss
23.05.2006 - 23:35
TTF
I absolutely love Stream of Passion, can't get enough of them. Why aren't they a featured band here?

The coolest thing about this band is the fact that, other than Arjen, all of its members were basically unknowns. So it's great that their talent is finally getting recognition now, through such an amazing project. I'd love to see them live.
21.06.2006 - 17:36
Elijah
Dance, bitch!
Fuckin' awesome band. I try to listen to their CD at least once a week, just to keep them in mind.

@TTF: Uh.. Marcelo Bovio enjoyed moderate(as far as I can tell) in the band Elfonia, as well as the band that Elfonia was born from, Hydra(I think). Also, she was a vocalist on Ayreon's The Human Equation. So, she isn't exactly an "unknown". Not sure about the other band members, though, but I think a couple have featured in some decently known bands.
----
21.06.2006 - 19:21
Danigar
Yeah nice threat, i love this band. I became an Arjen lover since i first listened to Ayreon and now im trying to get all his proyects. When i heard we was doing this with Marcela i became exited since i love Marcela's voice, and the band Elfonia too. And when i heard it i was blown away. It could be nothing veery special like some say, but yes for me they do very good music, im listening to it a lot. I really would like them to make more albums, is it sure that they are going to make more albums?
28.06.2006 - 23:19
Veertje
I saw the band on dutch tv this afternoon, and i swear i saw big long manly hair on the arms of marcela
i mean, not to offend her or something, but is she on hormones?
29.06.2006 - 00:38
Etaín
Lol, well, everyone has hair on their arms. She just has very dark hair, which makes it more visible than other women
29.06.2006 - 13:19
Veertje
no, they were really long, i swear she looked like a man xD
29.06.2006 - 14:53
Etaín
Ive already seen a pic, its not that extreme Would easily go away if she bleached it or somethng.

But is that really so important, lol? I care more about her voice actually than the amount of hair she has on her arms XD
29.06.2006 - 15:00
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Heard a song on tv, not too impressed. I'll see them live in a few days, I'll tell you how it was.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
29.06.2006 - 23:48
Veertje
nah, it's not like i don't like them because she has hair on her arms or something, i just noticed it
30.06.2006 - 12:45
Nightwish15
Account deleted
I like the music of Stream of Passion. There songs are pretty cool.
And Tijn, I have also seen the clip on the dutch tv a couple of times but didnt notice a hair on her arm or something. And what does it really bother XD.. She has to sing perfect, not look perfect
01.07.2006 - 19:19
.mrt
Just got their live DVD. Impressive. They do about 50/50 SoP and Ayreon song and I love it.
I'm listening it in loop for the fifth time already.
If You're a progressive metal fan, it's a musthave for sure!

Marcela's voice is magical and her little sister Diana is perfect with her. I have heard live perfomances from other bands whose lead singer doesn't come even close to what he/she does in a studio, but Marcela has flawless voice and perfomance during the whole concert. Very enduring and trained voice. She can also play violin and they meld it right into the metal which is awesome.
And of course Lori (lead guitar), the metal goddes, really can play! Check out this Sneak Peak for example

I wish that they keep on doing what they're really good at!

And check out also their "Passion" on video
03.07.2006 - 07:57
Silvia
Account deleted
Well I must say I like them also...Altough last weekend on the waldrock festival her voice was not stong and really I had the feeling that most of the vocals came from the harddisk. Shame but well maybe too much touring. I liked the Ayreon songs they played:)
13.07.2006 - 12:13
Veertje
@ Black Tears: i haven't seen any hair in the clip either, but they were live in the studio of TMF, and that's where i noticed it.
13.07.2006 - 12:33
Eddie
Retired Mod.
elite
Saw them live at Graspop, and I never did listen to them before, and I was really pretty impressed. Also nice to hear some Ayreon songs. And damn, Lori plays really powerful solo's, very very nice. Ahh, so thats her sister, was already wondering who the other vocalist was. Think I have to get that dvd someday.

Thanks for the info and links .mrt
14.07.2006 - 03:55
Bitch Boy
Stream Of Passion is a good project, but I obviously prefer Ayreon. But I have to admit that SoP is better than Elfonía. No need to tell why...
11.08.2006 - 21:07
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
elite
Has anyone seen their videos? I found two good ones on YouTube.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im5ESlFGhaM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW9UALTrtoo

Plus there are some live videos there.
----
(space for rent)
28.09.2006 - 16:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@Magere Tijn - maybe you as watching on dude

But about band I listen firts album hen it was out in music shop forget name, but i didnt by it i dunno why, now i just hera them in net radio and seems thay ahs new album out and actualy I dunno what i like better Ayreon or them, I think Ayreon are like popular of name and becaus ef eraly work, but this band are soemthuing differnt and good to, its liie Iron Maiden and Bruce Dickinson if you underrstand what I mean
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
13.11.2006 - 15:12
Anathemani@c
I have recently heard them, but I must say I find them a little bit boring... Sorry for the die-hard fans..
----
Trapped in time
A miracle of hope and change
A swirling mass, no mercy now
If the truth hurts prepare for pain
......Do you think we 're forever???
13.11.2006 - 16:16
Warman
Erotic Stains
Isn't this the band that plays "Romantic Power metal"? They're ok, but I haven't heard so much
----
19.11.2006 - 01:26
I love this band, also Marcela's original, Elfonia, is good, they had played several times here lol, I hope Stream Of Passion to come here soon.
19.11.2006 - 12:25
Ivor
Staff
staff
Written by ReckoningWinter on 19.11.2006 at 01:26

I love this band, also Marcela's original, Elfonia, is good, they had played several times here lol, I hope Stream Of Passion to come here soon.

Dude, you missed that one. They were in Mexico City in the middle of October.

I.
----
No friends for playing games
No foes who scorn my name
Computerized machines of steel and rust
/---/
No friends in my house on Mars
No foes in my house on Mars
I was born in my house on Mars
I will die in my house on Mars
-- Ayreon - My House on Mars
19.11.2006 - 18:11
Written by Ivor on 19.11.2006 at 12:25

Written by ReckoningWinter on 19.11.2006 at 01:26

Dude, you missed that one. They were in Mexico City in the middle of October.

I.

Yeah, I knew they were in Mexico City with Anathema, but I didn't had enough money to go to Mexico City, I don't live there, I'm from Monterrey lol.
15.11.2007 - 14:37
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
elite
Two video clips of Stream Of Passion working on demo songs for its upcoming sophomore album can be viewed here and here.
03.12.2009 - 17:05
BudDa
elite
You can find also watch the diaries of the band's latest Beauty and Beast tour at the band's site here: www.streamofpassion.com/media.php
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
13.01.2010 - 20:10
Taktsekte
Your Ad Here!
I am surprised that this thread does not have more replies, as this is quite a talented band. I think The Flame Within is a very solid and relaxing album. While the harmonies are not taken to the extreme as in the case of other Prog Metal bands, they still show a high complexity, and, while some melodies are way too simple in the Prog context (e.g. "In the End", "Let Me In"), Marcela's awesome voice makes up for the very few flaws. My favourite songs from the new album are "A Part of You", "Now or Never" and the beautifully dark "When You Hurt Me the Most".