Metal Storm logo
Posthuman - Dutch modern melodic deathmetal

16.08.2010 - 02:46
? Vampire ?

Posthuman is a modern melodic death metalband from the Netherlands. They're combining thrash/death metal elements with synths and melody, using both clean vocals and grunts. According to their website, similar bands include but are not limited to bands like Scar Symmetry, Killswitch Engage and In Flames. Personally I'm a big fan of melodic deathmetal bands like Kalmah, Insomnium, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Noumena and the like. I think Posthuman fits in there as well.

They've released a demo in 2008 ('Into the Void') and recently released their debut 'Rise From Ruins'. I'm curious what you think of the band. If you're not familiair with them; there are some songs on www.posthuman.nl.
----
? Vampire ?
16.08.2010 - 04:55
Kennoth
I'll be sure to check it out.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
16.08.2010 - 14:04
vezzy
Stallmanite
Sounds like another weak melodic "death" metal band, but I'll check them out anyway.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
16.08.2010 - 15:58
? Vampire ?
Well, most reviews say they're trying to create something different and seem to succeed.

The Posthuman frontpage states:

"Featuring a very complex sound, the band is out to make a name for themselves in the very crowded Melodic Death Metal scene. Combining the traditional Melodic Death Metal elements with some Electronic/'futuristic keyboards' hints and even some Progressive Metal elements, Posthuman has a very unique sound that will surely turn heads of quite a few people."
Infernal Masquerade about 'Rise From Ruins'

"Posthuman partly walk the same path as In Flames, Killswitch Engage, Scar Symmetry and Soilwork, but they are more heavier and experimental within the melodic death metal formula. [...] Rise From Ruins is a great first effort from Posthuman. There's plenty of variation and aggression, and just enough melody in a progressive way."
SMNnews about 'Rise From Ruins'.
----
? Vampire ?
21.08.2010 - 19:02
Veertje
Saw them last year on Occultfest, they were pretty cool. Played an awesome cover of Bomfunk MC's - Freestyler
27.08.2010 - 00:48
Crazy Booduh
It should be pointed out that their demo "Into the Void" is available for free on their website. It's not bad but shows definite potential for "Rise from Ruins."

I actually just ordered a few copies of Rise from Ruins, so thanks for the heads up Vampire. Their manager or whoever handles their e-mails was really cool too. I asked for three copies and it was a bit expensive after currency conversion and shipping (this was to the US). She kindly offered me the option to either get a free fourth copy of the CD, or to reduce the price of the CD to 10 USD instead of 10 euro each. I didn't even have to ask, she just brought it up. Her reasoning was that since I was helping the band out, they could help me out

Now this is a band I can get behind!
09.09.2010 - 02:30
I also downloaded the demo, I personally liked it, I think that as a self-released production it shows great potential. I am currently waiting for the cd I ordered, hope to see the band profile active in this website soon.
----
***...Soy el rayo al final del puente...***
19.12.2010 - 21:07
? Vampire ?
The band's profile is active now Daeva Toasted.

@ Crazy Booduh: No problem. And you're right, the demo is available for download and for free on there. Thanks for mentioning!
----
? Vampire ?