Metal Storm logo
Vulture Industries - New Album Details

Norwegian avantgarde metalers Vulture Industries have updated their MySpace with the following information:

"Finally the dates have been set for the release of our sophomore album on Dark Essence Records. The album will be out on CD and digital format on the 13th of September in Norway and the 4th of October in Europe. The album has the title The Malefactor's Bloody Register.

As last time the material is recorded at Conclave & Earshot Studios by Bjørnar Nilsen, who is also our frontman. The album was mastered by Brian Gardner (Isis, Nine Inch Nails, David Bowie), and features a guest appearance by Enslaved's Herbrand Larsen on "Hammond Organ", as well as special guests on cello, viola and saxophone.

The Malefactor's Bloody Register explores the theme of crime and punishment from the perspective of both the criminal and the hangman, and once again we have been lucky enough to persuade Helge Jordal, one of Norway's most renowned character actors to appear on the cover of the album. Jordal had agreed to be featured in the artwork for The Dystopia Journals after listening to the album, and his collaboration with the band continues with The Malefactor's Bloody Register, for which he takes on the role of the Hangman, and is photographed in brandishing a law-book and clutching a noose."

"The Bolted Door", one of the new tracks on The Malefactor's Bloody Register is now streaming on MySpace.

The Malefactor's Bloody Register [cover art] tracklist:

01. Crooks & Sinners
02. Race For The Gallows
03. The Hangman's Hatch
04. The Bolted Door
05. This Cursed Flesh
06. I Hung My Heart On Harrow Square
07. Crowning The Cycle
08. Of Branded Blood

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Vulture Industries
Posted: 16.08.2010 by Jiri

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 33 users
16.08.2010 - 13:40
Promonex
Cathemeral
It was about time. The new song isn't all that convincing, but I'm looking forward to the final product nonetheless.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
16.08.2010 - 17:35
Jiri

Yeah, the new song really sucked. I think they are just trying to get away from their "Arcturus Wanabe" status that everyone knocks them for. I, for one, would rather have the spectacular Arcturus clone they used to be over this experimental shit anyday.
16.08.2010 - 18:59
Jiri

Written by Guest on 16.08.2010 at 18:48

Written by Jiri on 16.08.2010 at 17:35

Yeah, the new song really sucked. I think they are just trying to get away from their "Arcturus Wanabe" status that everyone knocks them for. I, for one, would rather have the spectacular Arcturus clone they used to be over this experimental shit anyday.

yeah man,I agree I hope there are more Garm-like vocals too!

Oh yeah, brother! Garm-like vocals are the best!
16.08.2010 - 22:42
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Written by Jiri on 16.08.2010 at 18:59

Written by Guest on 16.08.2010 at 18:48

Written by Jiri on 16.08.2010 at 17:35

yeah man,I agree I hope there are more Garm-like vocals too!

Oh yeah, brother! Garm-like vocals are the best!

They are really trying to run away from the previous clone image... and that's bad =/ The cover art and the title are very nice though, and let's just hope this song is one of the worst...
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
17.08.2010 - 05:41
Jiri

We can only hope!
17.08.2010 - 07:43
Symmachus

What I've heard by Vulture Industries is nice so far. The album artwork of this one is awesome.

Hits total: 2392 | This month: 4