Metal Storm logo
Oldschool Black Metal

17.05.2006 - 19:02
Varoth
Account deleted
I'm looking for the 80's black/thrash sound (Venom, Bulldozer, Bathory), or the oldschool south-american black metal sound (Sarcofago, Holocausto, Vulcano), so it could be helpful if you name a few.

The ones I already know are:
Bathory, Tormentor, Bulldozer, Venom, Sarcofago, Holocausto, Vulcano, Exterminator, Mystifier, Hellhammer, Celtic Frost, NME, Beherit, Blasphemy, Death Yell, Maniac Butcher, Master's Hammer
18.05.2006 - 01:58
Almighty Ent
Dragon Reborn
Hey Varoth, how about Masters Hammer ?
18.05.2006 - 06:48
Zombie, M.D.
You should look into Sextrash. Filthy black metal in the old South American vein.
----
"I really screwed up this time." - Jeffery Dahmer
18.05.2006 - 08:09
Mother-Anorexia
Account deleted
What about recent bands that sound old school???
18.05.2006 - 09:51
Varoth
Account deleted
@Almighty Ent: Forgot to add them to the post, will edit it now.
@Mecha Zombie: I've heard one SexTrash song and it was good. I just need to find some more. What release of them would you recommend to try first?
@Mother-Anorexia: Those would be ok, but I would prefer old bands better...
18.05.2006 - 11:40
Zombie, M.D.
Ive only heard Sexual Carnage, but I would definitley recommend it. I think you may already know them but also listen to Sabbat and Abigail (both from Japan).
----
"I really screwed up this time." - Jeffery Dahmer
18.05.2006 - 11:45
^Necrolust^
You can try Anal Vomit too
----
Sin my soul,blesses with fire....
18.05.2006 - 16:20
Southern Wind
Account deleted
there's a band from my own country called Hetroertzen, they're awesome... I would say my favourite South American Black Metal band... they play very hypnotic, dense music and extremely atmospheric, with the old-school attitude... I specially like their album "A Crimson Terrible Vision"... they also released one of my favourite BM albums last year: "Rex Averno", which is much more filthy and extreme than their previous works.
20.05.2006 - 09:51
Varoth
Account deleted
Thanks for the recommendations, I'm gonna look for Sextrash, Anal Vomit and Hetroertzen.

@Damnated: I know Xasthur, and they aren't really oldschool.
@Ace: There's no american Nocturnal (but you told me on Msn that you meant the german one), and the german Nocturnal is more of a thrash band, IMO (I know them already, they are quite good). Thanks, nonetheless.
@Puff: That joke is older than internet itself o_o
26.06.2006 - 02:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
If you wnat old school BM try magog from Sweden , but its more Viking metal, but great and Estonian band Bestia and Lithaien - Luctus., alsdo latvian and Nightwing, all aer in MA and home pages are mp3m
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.06.2006 - 15:17
Markku
Account deleted
Aura Noir would fit the category. they aren't so old but the sound is totally thrash/black.
17.08.2006 - 15:39
Vintervarg
Account deleted
Have you ever heard Vinterthrone from Macedonia?
There are few mp3s on http://www.soundclick.com/vinterthrone
Or the official blog, http://vinterthrone.blogspot.com

Speaking of Macedonian BM bands, check out Maras and Tremula. I think on the p2p the split with Vinterthrone/Maras/Tremula can be found.
17.08.2006 - 18:30
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
apart from whats been said already: early 'order from chaos'
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
17.08.2006 - 20:10
Vintervarg
Account deleted
Can we have Besatt listed here?
18.10.2006 - 11:20
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@varot
well I know 2 great bands, but you menation them , but ist ok
Thank''s to you I discover Maniac Butcher and thank's to ozman i discovere Masters Hammer and those bands w aht you menation in first post are great too
maniac Butcher lil but remaind me early Immortal Great band
----

apos;'
[image]
19.10.2006 - 22:51
karpsmom
Account deleted
You should check out the compilation cd Fenriz released. It's full of bands like this, you can get it here

http://shopping.theendrecords.com/s.nl/it.A/id.8672/.f?sc=2&category=2061
20.10.2006 - 03:07
Damnated
Churchburner
Check out Extermination.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
27.10.2006 - 18:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
You shood try Aura Noir its old school black/thrash metal and fast i same time like venom
http://www.auranoir.com/
There are 2 sonsg from each album
----

apos;'
[image]
28.10.2006 - 01:21
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Ammit from Chile, Goat Semen and Black Angel From Peru... very filthy, uderdeveloped Black Metal pledging allegiance to the old school
29.11.2006 - 15:29
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
You all shood try this band
http://www.vibrationsofdoom.com/test/Hobbs.html
Its old school thrash/speed/black simmilar like Bulldozer

I jsut take this from MA
'' Hobbs' Angel Of Death is one of the most important bands in the history of Australian metal. The band started out in 1986 as a solo project of the band leader Peter Hobbs. The band played thrash metal in the Slayer vein but Hobbs himself referred to their style as "virgin metal" as he saw it as an untainted and pure form of metal. Their self-titled debut album was released in 1988 through Steamhammer Records. The band dissolved soon after the release but seven years later the band reformed to release their second album called "Inheritance" which was basically only distributed in Australia. A long period of silence followed until the band reformed once again in 2002. In July 2003 they signed a four album deal with the native label Modern Invasion Music.
Before 1985 Peter fronted a band called Tyrus (Aus). In 1986 they released one demo and a promo live single tape
.''

PS
If this coppy material from MA are dunno forbiden I will remove it, just PM me
----

apos;'
[image]
09.10.2009 - 16:01
Aristarchos
Try Nifelheim
11.10.2009 - 06:02
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Varoth: I'd be surprised if any one can add things of use. I can recommend some newer bands, I actually thought one was old but it wasn't, which is the band "Dishammer", Neutron Hammer is pretty damn good too.
11.03.2012 - 07:17
DJ Mythos
I think you'd enjoy old Samael, old Impaled Nazarene, Filii Nigrantium Infernalium, old Deathspell Omega, and Odelegger. Ildjarn's Son of the Northstar EP is something I have a hunch you'd really like. If you've heard it already, reinvestigate it. I actually think it's quite underrated among his releases, and definitely has a crusty, old-school vibe.
----
Vapour Bay Radio

Miasmic anti-modern metal.