Metal Storm logo
Disney Rock

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 23.08.2006 - 19:09
There is something very terrible happening in the world of pop rock at the moment. A newer, tamer more commercial genre of pop rock has been appearing over the last 5-7 years. I tend to only see these acts and videos when flipping through the cable on the Family Channel; artists like Lindsay Lohen for example. These pop rock artists seem to be geared only to an audience from the ages of about 4-11. The lyrical content is a lot tamer then some pop rock acts that appear on your MTV. These artists also have classic rock songs remade for them for a Disney discourse in order to hype some new disney flick. So, opinions about this much tamer version of pop rock?
29.05.2008 - 15:03
Hangar XVIII
I dislike (despise) many of these artists, but I can see their merit. It helps younger (female) kids get interested into rock.
----
myspace.com/absentchrist
My new black metal project.
31.05.2008 - 21:23
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Well, the most recent one is Hannah Montana...her sound is a kind of punkish-rock right? That helps kids to be steered away from bubblegum pop crap and more into harder guitar territory...maybe...maybe not...
09.06.2008 - 18:08
FOOCK Nam
Is Hannah Montena kind of example of Disney Rock?
25.06.2008 - 08:31
nana.MD
Star-Queen
hmm i think it can be taken as disney rock...i don't like any of these new stuff, it's too chessy and repetitive...ibut hey t's ok for kids, it's made for them right?? i don't like them but it doesn't bother me...
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
03.07.2008 - 01:52
Haightredy
This is quite possably the single worst genre of music ever constructed, and must be destroyed at all costs.
10.07.2008 - 00:26
Elodie Artour
Slania
I like such artists (especially both Lindsay Lohan and Hilary Duff).
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
10.07.2008 - 15:30
Valentin B
Iconoclast
lol, if those kids aged 4-11 actually knew what Lindsey Lohan was doing in her free time...

oh and for the record as with most pop-rock i find it annoying, repetitive and bland.
17.07.2008 - 07:31
selken
Irreligious
Written by FOOCK Nam on 09.06.2008 at 18:08

lol, never expected to see that name on this site

I think she is a wannabe Avril Lavigne, my sisters listen to that girl.... and also listens to Dissection xD xD xD
----
18.07.2008 - 06:28
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
My cousin listens to Hannah Montana but that's all that she listens too...she's also one of those tween bindo dork kids...
18.07.2008 - 21:39
Remus
Whateva!
I totally dig Hannah Montana!
I ike her songs, they are quite catchy! She obviously does not write the music but her producer is more than capable of writing a decent pop song.

Hilary Duff i do not admire so much though. If Hannah Montana's voice is best described as satisfactory then Hillary's is dismal. And her songs suck ass as well, like that "wake up wake up on a saturday night" song...

As for Lindsay Lohan - she is damn hot, freckles and all. Lord have mercy, check those thighs!

btw Valentin B, when it comes to current affairs i seem to be falling behind - could you please enlighten me as to what Lindsay Lohan gets up to in her spare time?
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
22.07.2008 - 01:48
Gordon Freeman
Written by Remus on 18.07.2008 at 21:39

btw Valentin B, when it comes to current affairs i seem to be falling behind - could you please enlighten me as to what Lindsay Lohan gets up to in her spare time?

Drugs, high-speed auto chases, physical altercations with her employees...

The usual high profile tabloid bile...
----
God Dammit Doug! Take off your hat, Night Moves is playing. Don't be a prick man!

http://www.last.fm/user/Axl_The_Viking
22.07.2008 - 02:34
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
That's one thing I really cannot stand about these artists is the tabloid shit and the photographers that always follow them around taking pictures and putting them in tabloid newspapers...I find their music pretty half baked in the first place...
16.08.2008 - 06:20
Oracle
Orcinus
I cannot stand this type of music at all. it is so lame and babish. I especially cannot stand Hannah Montana(Miley Cyrus). She is just as annoying as her father and she cant sing for shit. Her music is for 2 year olds and Up.
Hilary Duff is a little bit more mature but i also cant stand her music and i dont think she can sing either. and as for Lindsey Lohan.. WTF?
What is with these actresses becoming singers anyway? they know they cant sing. And why do they act all so innocent when they know they are not?? Its all for the money i reckon and tabloids too.
01.09.2008 - 12:44
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
hates everything having to do with this genre. music this unintelligent and fake needs to be constitutionally banned.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
01.09.2008 - 17:18
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Written by Oracle on 16.08.2008 at 06:20

I cannot stand this type of music at all. it is so lame and babish. I especially cannot stand Hannah Montana(Miley Cyrus). She is just as annoying as her father and she cant sing for shit.

I would totally disagree. Miley Cyrus has an exceptionally good voice. In several years when her voice has finally matured she is going to have an amazing voice. You may not like her music at all, but it is hard to deny that she has one set of pipes at a young age. But in all honesty, I can say pretty much the same thing about Rob Halford, in my opinion.
----
(space for rent)
24.09.2008 - 09:59
nana.MD
Star-Queen
...huh?? miley cirus vs rob halford???
...there's like a huge difference between them and imo u just can't compare them, they r so different...what do hannah montana and disney have to do with judas priest??
...i asume u dont like halford's voice, it's ok, i don't share ur opinion but i respect it...i just don't see the connection with this girl...btw i dont like miley, i've heard her and yeah maybe the girl can sing a bit but talent?? no way...she is just another pre-fabricated star...
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
24.09.2008 - 12:55
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by nana.MD on 24.09.2008 at 09:59

...huh?? miley cirus vs rob halford???
...there's like a huge difference between them and imo u just can't compare them, they r so different...what do hannah montana and disney have to do with judas priest??
...i asume u dont like halford's voice, it's ok, i don't share ur opinion but i respect it...i just don't see the connection with this girl...btw i dont like miley, i've heard her and yeah maybe the girl can sing a bit but talent?? no way...she is just another pre-fabricated star...

he's not comparing the two, he just said that Halford's voice matured really well and so will this Hannah Montana girl you're talking about. hell, i'm a notorious Priest fan so if he was dissing them i'd have took notice lmao.

frankly i can see her having some kind of more mature, more edgy Whitney Houston-ish timber in 10 years or something. imho yes, she does have a pretty good voice, with good stage presence too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBjyhVzCIhw the lyrics might suck and i'm trying to hear her over the annoying girls screaming but wtf
05.10.2008 - 08:29
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Um, go and listen to Rocka Rolla you guys...you will find that Halford's voice was at it's finest on that album...and that is the first album! He was dynamite from the beginning...but, oh no! He had to mature! Bullshit...
11.10.2008 - 23:45
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by FOOCK Nam on 09.06.2008 at 18:08

hannah montana is not only disney rock, but a leading cause of high blood pressure, stroke, suicide, and aneurysm in all people ages 18-106
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
12.10.2008 - 01:47
thesabbathfan
Fuck Disney, fuck "pop-rock", fuck the idiots across the world who listen to it, fuck the suits.
----
14.10.2008 - 06:09
kkktookmybaby
Written by thesabbathfan on 12.10.2008 at 01:47

Fuck Disney, fuck "pop-rock", fuck the idiots across the world who listen to it, fuck the suits.

jajaja yeah and fuck those jonas brothers
15.10.2008 - 02:54
Hrothdane
My sister is 12 and she likes metal thank goodness!
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades