Metal Storm logo
Favourite Kamelot Album

Poll

What is your favourite Kamelot studio album and WHY?

The Black Halo
Epica
Fourth Legacy
Eternity
Dominion
Siege Perilous

Total votes: 140
17.05.2006 - 19:06
Susan
Smeghead
elite
What is your favourite Kamelot studio album and why? Mine is The Fourth Legacy. It's a simple collection of amazing songs. I'd always rather listen to it than any other. The title track just blows my mind every time. Shadow of Uther, Alexandria and Until Kingdom Come are some of my all-time favourite Kamelot songs. This album has no weak tracks. Also, it made me notice how amazing Casey is behind the drum set. Wow.

Epica is my second favourite, it's special to me as my first Kamelot album. Karma is a very close 3rd.

The live album, The Expedition, is a really good live album but I decided not to include it in this poll.
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
17.05.2006 - 19:16
Proud Autumn
Account deleted
I voted for Karma. In truth, it was difficult for me to decide between it and The Black Halo--which is definitely a step forward for the band and a truly brilliant record, but I do have one major problem with it. Those stupid filler tracks. I'm not sure what they were trying to do with them, but they really serve no purpose in the album. Karma is simply put together better and is the epitome of Kamelot in my eyes.
17.05.2006 - 19:36
Vunts
I voted for Epica because it presents a really beautiful story there. Actually the only album from what i completely read the lyrics. Plus the album has quite a few totally kickass songs. I have a "Kamelot fast" playlist that i mainly listen. I don't go for their ballads too often because i like their fast songs alot more. I have 31 songs in that playlist. But i won't post every one of them, i'll restrain myself with 3 best.
The order of the albums then (i really don't want to write a whole lot again so i'll keep it short: number and 3 fav tracks)

1. Epica:
III Ways to Epica - I ADORE the chorus. The way the male vocals smoothly change to female is something i've never encountered before. Plus the Mephisto part always comes out perfectly.
Lost and Damned - The fact that i know a person named Helena gives the song much much more feeling, so the reason why i like it is purely personal
Center of the Universe - A great opener. No slow breaks, just all out power. The 2:50 part doesn't count as a slow break :p

2. Karma:
Karma - The song just gives me a great feeling when i'm listening to it. The piano part rocks.
Across the Highlands - Only Epica had songs that really stood out either personally or melodically. The other songs are simply great, such as this. Good chorus yet again.
Don't You Cry - Well, i simply thought that i may as well add a ballad here as it is my favourite of Kamelot. But there were about 3 or 4 songs ranking very close on Karma

3. The Black Halo:
March of Mephisto - The beginning is one of the best i've ever heard. Satan's army marching simply comes to my head in a full motion picture. However, seeing that the video and discovering that it was more of a seduction than a war. (though the lyrics should have given it away also) I still like to imagine the beginning as the end of all days. Perfect marching music. The military should apply it into their program. Plus the use of Shagrath (however his name is written) is probably the weirdest thing a powermetal band has done like...ever.
Soul Society
The Haunting (Somewhere in Time)

4. The Fourth Legacy:
The Fourth Legacy - Again, i simply like this song. As a matter of fact, i'll stop commenting if the song doesn't contain moments that i simply have to mention.
A Sailorman's Hymn
Until Kingdom Come

5. Dominion:
We Are Not Seperate - The chorus riffs reminded me of a melody i had heard long ago, thus gaining it's victory on Dominion.
Heaven
Ascension

6. Eternity:
The Gleeman - Pretty much the only song worth putting up. Others were all equal. The guitars were awesome on this release. Solos and stuff.

7. Siege Perilous:
Once a Dream - Pretty much the only song worth putting up. Others were all equal. Only reason it doesn't top Eternity is because the other songs couldn't compare with Eternity's ones.

That concludes my short short summary of the works of Kamelot.
17.05.2006 - 19:44
Etaín
Damn this is hard. I always thought my fav one was Karma. But the more i listened to the last 4 albums, the less im sure I love each of those albums just as much, they're all masterpieces. I guess atm my fav would be The Black Halo, so that one got my vote. But that can change pretty fast.
17.05.2006 - 19:49
Susan
Smeghead
elite
Written by Vunts on 17.05.2006 at 19:36
I don't go for their ballads too often because i like their fast songs alot more.

I agree, Kamelot has been pretty weak with ballads in the past. None are "bad" but I really feel they've become stronger with the last two albums. My favourite Kamelot ballads are Wander (from Epica) and Abandoned (from TBH)
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
17.05.2006 - 19:49
Vunts
For some reason i find The Black Halo severly overrated...Something like "...Kamelot managed to make an even greater masterpiece than Epica..." Damnet, there IS no greater masterpiece than Epica that Kamelot has done
But...i should stop now. I'm going out of character.
17.05.2006 - 20:28
Daibh
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 17.05.2006 at 19:16

I voted for Karma. In truth, it was difficult for me to decide between it and The Black Halo--which is definitely a step forward for the band and a truly brilliant record, but I do have one major problem with it. Those stupid filler tracks. I'm not sure what they were trying to do with them, but they really serve no purpose in the album. Karma is simply put together better and is the epitome of Kamelot in my eyes.

Yes. I agree, as always, with my good lady. Black Halo takes second place because of those insanely grating filler tracks. Nothing has annoyed me more about an album since Mudvaynes LD:50.
18.05.2006 - 19:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I vote for "Eternity" because its I think best album of Kamelot, becaus ein begining thay play diferent metal how nowdays, in every album there are changes, but this are more heavy metal how power metal
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.05.2006 - 05:54
Susan
Smeghead
elite
Strange that Karma is leading this poll. If you go to the Kamelot forum people just seem to talk about Epica and TBH. Wonder why that is
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
19.05.2006 - 06:09
Raiden
Down Under Staff
elite
Thats what I would think too. You can't deny that they're both excellent albums Just that they're a lot more well known. Not that many people have heard their more earlier stuff. Personally, I think that Epica was their best album. Full of very catchy songs and Symphonic elements that are worked in very nicely. I also like The Black Halo, and I must mention the goodness of The Fourth Legacy and Karma. I think though that their older stuff wasn't as good however. Their first three albums definately weren't as enjoyable for me. I'm quite glad that they got better for The Fourth Legacy. And did they get better!!
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
20.05.2006 - 05:08
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
elite
Well im sure this is a tough decision for many Kamelot fans, the last 4 albums are all good.
my order would go like this:

1. The Fourth Legacy
2. Karma
3. The Black Halo
4. Epica

Ive only heard two of the other 3, but they are nowhere near these 4.

I dont really understand what the filler is with TBH people were talking about above me... its just the same as any other album, i think Epica has heaps, but all of them have a bit.

The Fourth Legacy is the heaviest of all four albums, and contains alot of 4/5, songs on my iTunes, so its more consistant, whereas like Karma its 5/5 for a few and 3/5 for a few

Its all quite equal, even the Black Halo is right up there, EPica is alot lower, but still good.
20.05.2006 - 21:14
Horlequism
Account deleted
My fav is The Fourth Legacy...this album is where Kamelot really came together and made a name for themselves...
27.05.2006 - 19:07
Samhain
Account deleted
I guess i'd have to say Epica. It was my first Kamelot album and probably for that reason i feel it is still the best.

Fourth Legacy is also an ass-kicker
28.05.2006 - 02:06
MetalSpider
Their last 4 albums are all equally amazing to me. I chose Black Halo but really they are all equal.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
28.05.2006 - 12:28
Revenant
Account deleted
Black Halo was full of filler, the three before as masterfull
29.05.2006 - 00:49
Silhouette
I voted 'Black halo', though it's really the whole 'Epica/Black halo'-story I really like. The reason I voted 'Black halo' and not 'Epica' is simply that I've listened more to 'Black halo' recently, and know the songs better.
31.05.2006 - 16:45
LeDruide
I voted for Karma. I discovered them and the heavy metal world with it. Best "atmosphere" in my opinion, with the voice of Roy at its best. Forever and Karma are awesome. The Fourth Legacy is more power and Epica more symphonic. The black Halo is a different genre, March Of Mephisto and The Haunting with Simone from Epice are really great.
26.06.2006 - 07:17
Pianoman
Account deleted
Can you recommend the best songs of kamelot please?
26.06.2006 - 11:43
LeDruide
Well, I would say :
on The Fourth Legacy : The Fourth Legacy, Nights of Arabia, A Sailorman's Hymn
on Karma : Forever (+ intro : Regalis Apertura), The Spell, Karma
on Epica : Center of the Universe, The Edge of Paradise, A Feast for the Vain, Helena's Theme
on The Black Halo : March of Mephisto, The Haunting (Somewhere in Time), Soul Society, Serenade

But I think all their songs are good, just listen to the albums entirely, especially the last two albums which are concept albums.
28.06.2006 - 05:21
Zendrian
Account deleted
i have to say its epica....
why:
1:is the first album that has a story that continues along all the album.
2:theres no bad song (exepting the interludes).
3:gives a epic atmosphere whit a little dark details.
3:hard and soft songs.

anyway all the kamelot albums (whit roy khan) are great all of them worth to hear.
30.06.2006 - 14:31
strupek
Account deleted
i'm sure it is Epica , why? farewell, and wander....
30.06.2006 - 16:09
belgianmetalman
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 30.06.2006 at 14:31

i'm sure it is Epica , why? farewell, and wander....

I chose Epica too, for exactly the same reason
02.07.2006 - 03:33
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
I choose fourth legacy, it was the first kamelot album that i heard, so that time i left everything for metla. Epica is a good work, but many of you are right, the last one, black halo was very overrated...
02.07.2006 - 11:17
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
well its difficult to choose between Karma,Epica and The Black halo they are amazing

the first 3 albums sucks and the fourth legacy is average

i belive my favorite is Epica because it has Center of the universe,III ways to Epica,Edge Of Pradise

Karma and The Haunting are really good tracks by the way

..Kamelot is maybe the best power band from The US yes!!! i like more than Iced Earth -sigh-
----
Stay Metal !!!
02.07.2006 - 22:47
DarkMistress
Epica, i love the book "faust" and the songs are incredibly amazing (like descent of the archangel)

after that Karma is great too with the songs of Elizabeth
----
Wait in fire
16.07.2006 - 22:43
Bash'
:)
i only have their albums Epica & The Black Halo

well ... it's not too hard to choose between them..
Epica is much better than The Black Halo..

because of it's choruses .. and when i listened for The Black Halo i felt i was cheated, i bought it for it's killer intro but the album itself wasn't as good as it..!!

EPICA
----
I saw her standing by the crimson sea...
Isolated by the silent thoughts...
Her gazing was intense but so dead...

The teardrops corroded the soil.. She couldn't say a word to me...
17.07.2006 - 18:21
dark awakening
mine is Epica, the first i listened of this band, and the catchiest.
----
Baptized in a lake of acid tears...
18.07.2006 - 07:08
Despised Icon
Account deleted
The Black Halo
19.07.2006 - 12:53
Joey Jo Jo
Piece of shit
Written by Susan on 17.05.2006 at 19:49

I agree, Kamelot has been pretty weak with ballads in the past. None are "bad" but I really feel they've become stronger with the last two albums. My favourite Kamelot ballads are Wander (from Epica) and Abandoned (from TBH)

I actually have to completely dissagree, and I'm shocked any Kamelot fan can even say this. Kamelot is one of the few heavy/power metal bands that can even make a ballad that does not make an image of Richard Simmons pop into my head. Especially on 4th Legacy and Karma they really excell in ballads. Their strong point is ballads, when someone even mentions Kamelot I think of great ballads. The first time I heard "Don't You Cry", which reminded of my grandfather dying, which was very close to me. It actually brought a tear to my eye. No song has ever done that, and not just becuase of the lyrics, but becuase of how great they actually did the song.

Karma is thier best album by far IMO. Their only masterpiece. 4th Legacy has kick ass songs, but the album is just a string of really kick ass songs. Not really as flowing or as beautiful as Karma. Epica is a big step down, just the band's first stab at real power metal rather than thier melodic traditional metal style. Honestly it comes off as a bit overdramatic, but still very good. Some of thier best faster songs are found here. Then there's Black Halo. I'm really surprised how much praise this album gets. It is really one of the lowest points in music I have heard, only pushed by the fact it was done a by a once actually great band. It's nice to see how they got comfortable in a relatively new trend to sell more records and appeal to fans of basically moronic music who think what they're hearing is truely evil. Just disgusting.

Written by Susan on 19.05.2006 at 05:54

Strange that Karma is leading this poll. If you go to the Kamelot forum people just seem to talk about Epica and TBH. Wonder why that is

The truly great albums are always realised in the long run.
People will look back 20 years from now and say something like "Whoa, a power metal album with symphonics that isn't pompus!"
----
"If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys."
- Orson Welles
20.07.2006 - 02:03
Susan
Smeghead
elite
Written by Joey Jo Jo on 19.07.2006 at 12:53
Written by Susan on 19.05.2006 at 05:54

The truly great albums are always realised in the long run.
People will look back 20 years from now and say something like "Whoa, a power metal album with symphonics that isn't pompus!"

I hope that's the case. They have gained SO MANY new fans lately who have only heard the latest 2 albums (or only The Black Halo in some cases). Fans who follow trends rarely buy "unpopular" albums from earlier in a bands' discography. (notice that now, after the poll has been up for some time, Epica is KILLING the competition with The Black Halo comfortably in second place).
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"