Metal Storm logo
Anathema - Jordan Show Cancelled

Anathema show August 25 concert at Amman Al Ahleyeh Areana in Jordan has been officially concelled. The band has posted the following message on their homepage:

"Anathema are very sad to announce the cancellation of the concert in Jordan on 25th august. The band and promoter have received notification from the Jordanian security services (Mukhabarat) that there has been a security alert and they are not prepared to let the show go ahead on grounds of public safety". The band writes in the statement. "These circumstances are completely beyond the bands control and we have no option other than to cancel the show."

"We would like to express our own deep personal disappointment at this situation and to pass on our heartfelt thanks to all the people in the region who have shown us such fantastic support. If there was any possible way that this show could have gone ahead then rest assured we would now be on our way. We shall try to re-schedule the show for sometime in the future when the safety for all at the event can be guaranteed.

Peace."

Source: anathema.ws
Band profile: Anathema
Posted: 24.08.2006 by Døc

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 10 users
24.08.2006 - 04:37
Icewings
La Luna
Ohh nooo , another show cancelled , what a pity , so I hope they get to make it later , and they don't cancel more shows it sucks , I remember my friend bought his tickets for nightwish and sonata Arctica and then they canceled and they didn't give him the money back or anything Poor friend!
----

Metalheads for Black Lives and Land Back
24.08.2006 - 10:57
kakalokola

i bought the ticket for this show !! but they are giving refunds, ! but everyone is pissed off here in jordan
24.08.2006 - 11:10
lordz
IzZo
@? Soul Grinder ?
offcourse ppl in Jordan are pissed off even metal heads here in saudi are pissed its not like you have other shows to go too
24.08.2006 - 12:37
SETHULHU
yogi_lb@hotmail.com
GODDAMN IT ... iam in JORDAN now and was hoping to see a real life METAL BAND (even thought they are exactyly metal anymore)

crap ......... but hold on ..security alert? please dont say this has to do with Lebanon (my country) iam going there soon.. :'(
----
This site is great. FOR ME TO POOP ON.

reBubblefuckered !!!BAAAALEEETEEED!!!
24.08.2006 - 14:37
Bash'
:)
what the hell..!!!

for the first time i heared about that concert i was wondering about HOW did the "Jordanian security services" (Mukhabarat) allow that

that is, the idea for them about metal is that it's all for satan and the like....

and now they've did it...

i knew from the first that the Mukhabarat won't let that be here..!!!

@ Soul Grinder : well, about refunds ... ppl who have paid more than 30Jds who are the ones who lost ... like some have paid 40 Jds and more to get the ticket and now they will get back only 30..!!
unless they have some other ways to get back more than what they paid

understood me??

@ SETHULHU : well, welcome here .. man i can give you an advice ... you can go to "Madeenet Jbeha el tarwee7eyeh" and spend your money there hahaha
----
I saw her standing by the crimson sea...
Isolated by the silent thoughts...
Her gazing was intense but so dead...

The teardrops corroded the soil.. She couldn't say a word to me...
24.08.2006 - 17:30
Valmont

Sad but what can Anathema do. It's beyond them.
24.08.2006 - 19:07
kakalokola

first time opeth canceled their concert here ..and now anathema what a great organizers
01.01.2010 - 04:40
JD
Account deleted
Why this is happend onlt in the arabian countries...
where is our generation still silent!!???

Hits total: 3963 | This month: 6