Metal Storm logo
Queensrÿche - Sign With Roadrunner/Loud & Proud Records

Roadrunner press release

Four-time Grammy nominees Queensrÿche have signed a multi-album, worldwide deal with Roadrunner/Loud & Proud Records. The band's label debut -their twelfth studio album overall- is tentatively scheduled for a Spring 2011 release. Singer and founder Geoff Tate remains the creative nucleus of the band, which continues to make relevant, against-the-grain hard rock that entices fans, both new and diehard.

Queensrÿche have been - and unquestionably remain- one of the most respected and innovative names in forward-thinking hard rock throughout the course of their nearly 30-year history. Since their inception over 25 years ago, Queensrÿche have sold over 20 million albums worldwide and have performed in over 22 countries.

"We are very happy to be signing with Roadrunner/Loud and Proud. This is the rock label and a place where they are as excited about our music as we and our fans are," Tate said.

"We are excited to welcome Queensrÿche to the label" stated Loud & Proud President Tom Lipsky. "They have earned global acclaim for their distinctive approach to music and we are confident of a successful partnership with them."

Source: roadrunnerrecords.com
Band profile: Queensrÿche
Posted: 26.08.2010 by White Winter Sun

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 24 users
27.08.2010 - 10:21
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Yep, I dont care what label they're on, so long as they make good music. Talking of which, Im really hoping Queensryche's next album is a lot better than the last one, which was very poor IMO.
28.08.2010 - 00:41
dodstink
The competence and force can be developed faster with a reasonable budget.
28.08.2010 - 03:22
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Irritable Ted on 27.08.2010 at 10:39

They used to be the absolute pinnacle of quality metal for me in the 80's early 90's. Since Promised Land they have just disappointed me over and over again.

That is very true. Tribe and the latest album being the worst things they've ever done. Even Mindcrime II managed to be at least decent, if not a patch on the original. But those two albums just send me to sleep....
28.08.2010 - 20:12
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
contributor
Written by Angelic Storm on 28.08.2010 at 03:22

Written by Irritable Ted on 27.08.2010 at 10:39

They used to be the absolute pinnacle of quality metal for me in the 80's early 90's. Since Promised Land they have just disappointed me over and over again.

That is very true. Tribe and the latest album being the worst things they've ever done. Even Mindcrime II managed to be at least decent, if not a patch on the original. But those two albums just send me to sleep....

Yup...I actually like Promised Land, however, the last two albums have been average at best for me
----
rekt

Hits total: 2185 | This month: 9