Metal Storm logo
My Dying Bride - To Release 20th Anniversary Collection

Official press release

2010 marks the 20th anniversary of the UK doom titans My Dying Bride, and to commemorate two decades of doom & gloom, the band embarked upon a project to re-work familiar melodies & themes from My Dying Bride's extensive catalogue into long, flowing symphonic compositions, including new vocals & passages from Aaron Stainthorpe. These arrangements have been brought to life in co-operation with keyboard maestro Johnny Maudling (of Bal-Sagoth fame) & will be released as Evinta, as both a 2 disc & special 3 disc set, each disc its own sprawling classical work spanning a large period of My Dying Bride's album material. The 3 disc set will also be accompanied by a specially limited 72 page hardback book featuring rare images & photographs from the band's personal archive from over the years.

Andrew Craighan commented: "Evinta: a project almost 15 years in the making. An idea that has sat smouldering and never really had a reason to burn alive until now. 9 CDs worth of darkness recreated anew to mark 20 years of My Dying Bride. Music arranged to the soundscapes of sorrows past. Finally the 20th anniversary allows us to release this music in a form it has been desperately, woefully waiting for. Enjoy the Darkness."

The set is scheduled for an October 25th release on Peaceville Records.

Source: mydyingbride.org
Band profile: My Dying Bride
Posted: 30.08.2010 by Dominus

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 99 users
31.08.2010 - 00:52
treptolemus
aphotic_zoning
"...new vocals & passages" This is interesting.
I am curious about this release.
----
\m/etalstor\m/
31.08.2010 - 18:44
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
I fear and dread the day this is going to be released.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

31.08.2010 - 21:00
Elyar S.
Gud är Död
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 31.08.2010 at 18:44

I fear and dread the day this is going to be released.

why?
----
Kiss my ass if you dont like me, I dont care.
31.08.2010 - 21:35
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Why? because of the new vocals of Aaron, I hate symphonic metal so I fear that the old classics will be slaughtered by the symphonies and Aaron's current whiny way of singing.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.09.2010 - 02:14
Elyar S.
Gud är Död
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 31.08.2010 at 21:35

Why? because of the new vocals of Aaron, I hate symphonic metal so I fear that the old classics will be slaughtered by the symphonies and Aaron's current whiny way of singing.

haha, lets see what will happen.
----
Kiss my ass if you dont like me, I dont care.
01.09.2010 - 17:17
kaoskrew

I wonder how much it will cost? They to add ia bit on if it's an anniversary thing!
----
John
Kaos Krew Promotions
"Metal Music Facilitators"
Sponsors of Black Winter Day http://www.blackwinterday.co.uk

Hits total: 4578 | This month: 5