08. Same Flesh
09. Brother Moon
10. Empty Opening
11. Stone Woman [bonus]

Featured in "Getting Into: Amorphis"

Additional info
Produced by Amorphis.
All music arranged by Amorphis.
Mixed by Mikko Karmila at Finnvox Studios, Helsinki.
Recorded by Nino Laurenne and Tero Kinnunen at Sonic Pump Studios, Helsinki.
Mastered by Mika Jussila at Finnvox Studios, Helsinki.
Vocals produced and arranged by Marco Hietala.

Lyrics are based on a single tale from Kalevala, KUllervo's Story.
Amorphis has used Paavo Haavikko's version with kind permission.
KUllervo's Story has been translated by Anselm Hollo and used by Amorphis with kind permission.
"Brother Moon" lyrics by Esa Holopainen.
"Under a Soil and Black Stone" lyrics by Tomi Koivusaari.
Additional vocals by Eternal Savo Choir and Anu Lilja.
Art direction by Travis Smith.

Staff review by
KwonVerge
Rating:
After "Far From The Sun" Pasi Koskinen decided to leave the band. Many of their fans seemed disappointed with the fact that he was no longer the one standing behind the microphone of Amorphis. As for me, being an Amorphis fan for years, I saw this decision as something very positive and the right move for the band after the personal big disappointment of "Far From The Sun". To strengthen my positive views on the new Amorphis period that was slowly unfolding, all that was remaining was to find out how the new singer sounds like and, finally, bear witness of their brand new album, "Eclipse".

Read more ››
published 19.01.2006 | Comments (12)

Found in 37 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 12   Visited by: 1143 users
01.09.2010 - 19:40
Rating: 10
-Mayhem-

Eclipse is a great combination of various emotions and several different musical styles.
Very well done!
Still it is always over too fast.
09.09.2010 - 00:06
Reza
Account deleted
Nice Album ! I really like "House Of Sleep"
09.01.2013 - 21:14
Rating: 8
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
This is an awesome album! Probably my second or third favorite by the band (behind Skyforger and possibly Silent Waters).
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
15.02.2013 - 13:14
Rhiannon
Account deleted
I'm not really familiar with Amorphis, but "Brother Moon" is such a great song. Very Finnish (whatever that means), cachy and melodic.
21.04.2014 - 02:16
Rating: 10
FinnRommi

Amorphiksen Tales From The Thousand Lakesin rinnalla, tämä on Amorphiksen paras levy.
12.02.2016 - 11:56
Rating: 6
Tomas Piller

I am confused - basically similar reception/ratings/praise for this and Under The Red Cloud, but for me the UTRC runs circles around this progressive...well...boredom.
12.02.2016 - 11:59
Rating: 9
Risto
Wandering Midget
Written by Tomas Piller on 12.02.2016 at 11:56

I am confused - basically similar reception/ratings/praise for this and Under The Red Cloud, but for me the UTRC runs circles around this progressive...well...boredom.

Not sure I understand your point about progressive entirely, because UTRC is more prog than this Eclipse is catchy and hugely memorable, instument wise it was the return of their core sound.
12.02.2016 - 12:21
Tomas Piller

Written by Risto on 12.02.2016 at 11:59

Not sure I understand your point about progressive entirely, because UTRC is more prog than this Eclipse is catchy and hugely memorable, instument wise it was the return of their core sound.

Ok, to clarify I was not blaming progresiveness (I agree UTRC is even more prog), but rather what I perceive as a lack of ideas or some climaxes.
At the same time I scratch my head, because most people praise both albums equally, while for me there's an abyss between them. That's life, i guess
15.09.2017 - 15:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Come back, well even opening songs are softer, you can hear emotions, then band turns heavier and still has emotions, like I new when listened last 3 suxer albums,. Joutsen brought some emotions and greatness into this band again
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.05.2020 - 13:07
noisium

Here's where they started to go downhill. Not really into this watered down lite-Prog sound.
----
\m/ Up the Irons \m/
06.05.2020 - 18:19
Rating: 7
Redel

Written by noisium on 06.05.2020 at 13:07

Here's where they started to go downhill.

Oh, for me actually already at Tuonela (1999).
10.12.2022 - 07:13
Rating: 8
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Solid album, it had some great tracks, "Leaves Scar", "Under A Soil And Black Stone" and "House Of Sleep" being my highlights, but there are just a few too many average tracks that slightly let this album down. I really liked this Amorphis era, Silent Waters, Skyforger and Eclipse are all quality releases imo.

Hits total: 20851 | This month: 47