‹‹ Back to the Serious discussions Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20]
Users visited: 443  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by Sunioj on 24.08.2006 at 16:14
Satanism, from contemporary individualism to the sub categories of MLO and left hand path...
Plain and simple, what do you all think about it?

Im curious to hear people share thoughts and ideas of this philosophy and let me start by saying that contemporary Satanism is very interesting since it focuses on building oneself spiritually.

Lets take an example like Jon Nodveidt's recent decision to end his life....
He killed himself and his band claims it was a ritual suicide, does this make his form of Satanism a religion because it has rituals or is MLO another form of interpreting Satanism?

Page 20 of 20

Iron Wizard

13.06.2016 at 01:41
I am a Theistic Satanist. I aww m mostly opposed to LaVeyan Satanism. It does have good good qualities to it, but I can't take it seriously. I am similar to Setians in a few ways I believe in something very similar to The Gift of the Black Flame, but I'm a Satanist. I do think there is an overwhelming presence of childishness in Satanism, partially as a result of The Church of Satan.
Rasputin

16.06.2016 at 04:08
No one can take any Satanists seriously. Bronies carry more weight than Satanists.
DeathStrike

26.06.2016 at 19:38
Written by Iron Wizard on 13.06.2016 at 01:41

I am a Theistic Satanist. I aww m mostly opposed to LaVeyan Satanism. It does have good good qualities to it, but I can't take it seriously. I am similar to Setians in a few ways I believe in something very similar to The Gift of the Black Flame, but I'm a Satanist. I do think there is an overwhelming presence of childishness in Satanism, partially as a result of The Church of Satan.

What does that mean?
Fatal Ascension

15.07.2016 at 00:40
Written by DeathStrike on 26.06.2016 at 19:38

Written by Iron Wizard on 13.06.2016 at 01:41

What does that mean?

Theistic Satanists literally believe in the existence of the devil. They're basically Christians who self identify as evil.
BeneathTheMoon
Account deleted
  28.07.2016 at 15:55
People continuously mold their own beliefs, whether rooted in religion or not, around their own existence and what they deem as valuable. As such, it becomes an individualized experience even if wholly exercised and practiced within the confines of a specific belief so, in this sense, one could argue all beliefs are driven by self-interest, as is existence itself. Why, then, dispute the value of one religion over another or the value of religion at all? Even the irreligious hold on to certain thoughts religiously, after all.
LuciferOfGayness

04.08.2016 at 00:26
Written by Guest on 28.07.2016 at 15:55

People continuously mold their own beliefs, whether rooted in religion or not, around their own existence and what they deem as valuable. As such, it becomes an individualized experience even if wholly exercised and practiced within the confines of a specific belief so, in this sense, one could argue all beliefs are driven by self-interest, as is existence itself. Why, then, dispute the value of one religion over another or the value of religion at all? Even the irreligious hold on to certain thoughts religiously, after all.

Couldnt have said it better myself.

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20]

Login or register to post here.