Pantera Publicist Bitch-Slaps The E! Channel

24.08.2006 - 21:58
animal

Pantera Publicist Bitch-Slaps the E! Channel

By Newsferatu, Writer
Monday, August 21, 2006 @ 12:31 AM

Tasteless Request

- advertisement -

We've dealt with Janie Hoffman over the years, and she's a no-nonsense pro who has served Pantera, Vinnie Paul and extended family well for some time.

Below is an e-mail Janie sent in response to a licensing request from the E! Channel to re-enact the murder of Dimebag Darrell.

Hi Beau. I¹m leaving John¹s comments in cause he¹s a nice guy and I know this was difficult for him to send on through. I¹m also blind copying a whole list of folks who will most likely copy a whole other list of folks until maybe this spreads like a good email should and end up on 100,000 websites to show the world what a collective bunch of tasteless morons you all are.
Dime¹s birthday is this coming Sunday and your timing couldn¹t be worse. Not that there is a good time. In fact, in honor of his birthday, I think I¹ll send this around to a few of our favorite music websites who will most likely print the whole damn thing word for word, including your phone number and email. For good measure, I¹m going to throw in the top 50 major daily music and some of the top TV writers in the country and why not, the weeklies as well.

I realize there is nothing anyone can do to stop E! from producing garbage like this below, as you¹ve built your audience on the backs of other people¹s private lives, creating some type of warped reality out of your garbage, which is merely excuses for programming on the cheap and at the expense of others.

I would like to request that you please read this out out loud to all the creative geniuses in the programming department that came up with this idea.

We have received your request to license footage on Dimebag Darrell Abbott for your upcoming production of, "25 Most Chilling Hollywood Murders."

While we realize the average E! audience most likely has the IQ of an umbrella, they collectively are a smarter bunch than the lot of you. Your programming creativity falls somewhere to the bottom of the middle at best, and that¹s saying a lot.

I ask that you all please take a moment from your busy days and close your eyes. Live out the fantasy of playing your favorite instrument onstage. Your closest friends in the world surround you, either in the band or in your crew. From one side of the stage, a man approaches. Thinking he¹s a security guy or a drunk fan who¹s just a bit out a line, you continue to perform. Two seconds later, he lifts his arms, aims a rifle at your brother, your best friend, your buddy and blows his brains out, not three feet from where you are. In the nanosecond it takes you to comprehend the magnitude of what just happened, he does it again ...and again ...and again ...and again ...and again ...and again before taking aim and murdering additional members of your extended family as well as fans that have come to see you play. Two of your crew are shot but survive, but of course, will never be the same gain.

Now imagine it¹s a few years later and you turn on the TV set. Just in case you may be having at least a five minute respite from that scene that plays over and over in your head, just in case .....you flip through the channels and there it is. Again. Only with some two bit actor who thinks this is his big Hollywood break.

And please, if you don¹t like that scenario, make believe it¹s your child who got his brains splattered all over a stage in Ohio. And then you turn on E! Oh, the magic of television!

In case none of this appears clear enough and you need a definitive answer to your request...no. The answer if no, and on behalf of everyone that was there that night and everyone that misses him every day, you can take that no and shove it up your collective asses.

And, for your second request, yes, you can quote me on that.

Sincerely,
Jane Hoffman

Kick ass, Janie. Enjoy the rants. R.I.P. Dime.

http://www.knac.com/article.asp?ArticleID=4865

NOTE TO MODS- Please feel free to move this thread if you think it's be more appropriate elsewhere.
----
"I got 1,000 years of power! Come and get me!" Robert McLain- Royal Oak, MI
24.08.2006 - 22:40
lordz
IzZo
cool... I think you should have posted this in the news section
24.08.2006 - 23:47
animal

Written by lordz on 24.08.2006 at 22:40

You may be right, but I wasn't quite sure where this should go.
----
"I got 1,000 years of power! Come and get me!" Robert McLain- Royal Oak, MI
24.08.2006 - 23:51
lordz
IzZo
Written by animal on 24.08.2006 at 23:47

Written by lordz on 24.08.2006 at 22:40

You may be right, but I wasn't quite sure where this should go.

If you go to the news section you will find a link on the top right corner that says add news... press on it and just go through it...you wont have a problem its pretty easy
25.08.2006 - 02:24
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
That is one of the most badass things I've read in a while.
26.08.2006 - 04:34
danzig111
Account deleted
haha! BITCH!

nice answer! really.....that was sweet response.
14.03.2007 - 13:11
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Publicist as 'asshole' as the band itself?
----
that which shines without names and forms...
14.03.2007 - 18:20
Lucas
Mr. Noise
I really doubt if people on this board would have problems with the other 24 people of that list. Except they probably aren't metal, therefor not important.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
14.03.2007 - 18:26
Valentin B
Iconoclast
that was bad ass!! rip dime.

i wouldn't have accepted either, if i was dime's bro.
14.03.2007 - 20:24
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
She does bring up a great scenario though in order to tell E! no doesn't she? I can't believe that they wanted to reenact that! How horrible! I couldn't possibly imagine the scope of the horror that happened that night, but she illustrates it so well...if she went along with it though, the actor who portrayed him would be smithed indefinitely by many musicians and fans...she's not really a bitch; she's just telling it like it is in order to make their puny brains understand...
17.03.2007 - 19:32
Dan066
Account deleted
awesome response, i think i've read this before somewhere.
17.03.2007 - 20:44
UpTheIrons666

It makes me goddamn sick that anyone would even try to use the murders of people to attract viewers. The fact that its Dime that we're talking about makes it worse. Everyone who ever said anything about him, had nothing but positive thoughts. Think of his brother Vinnie, and what it must have been like to see that happen to your brother. Dime was and still is one of my favorite guitarists, and he needs to be able to Rest In Peace, without having his death used for cheap television entertainment. If you want to do something involving Dime, do a tribute with interviews with people who loved and cared for him. Or a chronicle of his life and musical career.
18.03.2007 - 05:18
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Yeah I know this thread is old but I never bothered reading it before. I wasn't a Big Pantera Fan, Hell, I can hardly stand them, but I respect them, and seeing this really makes me happy.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
21.03.2007 - 06:30
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Man, she verbally raped those people....good. Those TV producers are heartless assholes, they probably dont give a shit about Dime or how his family feels, theyll step on anyone to get more money
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
21.03.2007 - 15:18
Basso
Account deleted
A great response to a silly request. We see this all the time in reality tv-shows.... Its horrible
21.03.2007 - 17:37
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Well, finaly someone with brain! I support that, damn TV industry!
----
21.03.2007 - 18:13
GT
Coffee!!
Great answer to a stupid and insensitive request...

'And, for your second request, yes, you can qoute me on that'
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
21.03.2007 - 23:46
Dirt pride
Account deleted
i cant remember where i read this before, but its still great to think of how gutted the producers of E! must have been!
24.03.2007 - 08:22
nana.MD
Star-Queen
...what a response!!...totally true...ha...im not surprised they wanted to do stuff like that, i mean it's e! channel..."we realize the average E! audience most likely has the IQ of an umbrella"...lol...
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
17.09.2009 - 07:47
DevilBabi

Fucking A !!
R.I.P Dime bag and thank fuck they didnt get a chancew to get that shit on fucking E, shudders