Metal Storm logo
Thou

08.09.2010 - 07:08
spirit_inblack
harshhead
Heavy, crushing sludge straight out of Louisiana. If you enjoyed the sludge scene that arose from the same area in the early 90's, I'd certainly recommend this. They are a little more progressive, including a few sections that to my ears sound very post-rockish, but there is no lack of riffage heavier than a molten ball of lead. Also of note is the vocals, which don't sound like the typical pissed-off sludge scream - instead they are a scathing, black metal type vocal. Many of their releases are available free at their official website btw...

http://noladiy.org/thou/
08.09.2010 - 19:12
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I need to listen to this band again. I remember really liking Peasant back in '08 I think is was (along with the band Trees who I associate them with for some reason).
09.09.2010 - 03:44
Southern Wind
Account deleted
I had seen them described more than once as the most interesting sludge band nowadays. I downloaded Tyrant to see what is this about and didn't find them especially good. There are many bands doing it much better in their field, they have nothing really to add to a pretty overcrowded genre as sludge is.
16.11.2010 - 03:09
Prugor
Mr. Offensive
Since you state it's an overcrowded genre with bands that do it much better, suggest some of those bands.

Thou sound decent, given all the albums one listen so far.
----
Ah... Girl look at that body, Ah... I work out
18.11.2010 - 06:52
Prugor
Mr. Offensive
Summit is a pretty strong release, their strongest to date. Threw on some headphones and gave it a few spins. It sounds great and the vocals are good. It's alot like Graves At Sea, but with some trumpet thrown here in here and there.
----
26.11.2010 - 02:45
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Prugor on 18.11.2010 at 06:52

Summit is a pretty strong release, their strongest to date. Threw on some headphones and gave it a few spins. It sounds great and the vocals are good. It's alot like Graves At Sea, but with some trumpet thrown here in here and there.

I agree... listening to Summit with good headphones is a fantastic experience... the best sludge album of the year so far after Cough's "Ritual Abuse."
26.11.2010 - 07:08
Prugor
Mr. Offensive
Who would you recommend that is like those two?
----