Metal Storm logo
Tennis

08.09.2010 - 12:55
Dark Blood
The Avenger
I'm surprised there's no topic about this here. I know there's a lot of sports fans here, and I want to believe at least some of you like this great and interesting sport.

I can't say I'm a tennis fan, but I like to watch it when I can and I've been following this year's tournament. Or at least the single matches.
Right now there has been a few nice games. Men's single 4th round is over and there are great Spanish players and I believe some of them with a potential to win this year, such as Rafael Nadal which did a great game last night (September 7). Also Spanish players David Ferrer and Fernando Verdasco matched for about 4 hours and a half! Federer looks to be in shape again after winning 5 years in a row and losing last year's finals with Del Potro.
In the females we have the defender of the title Kim Clijsters, who won last night's quarter finals against Stosur, Caroline Wozniacki who beat Sharapova, and of course Venus Williams.

Let's hear if you've been following the tournament and your opinions of the matches and everything else!
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
08.09.2010 - 13:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Maybe better you change title simply to tennis
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
08.09.2010 - 14:07
Reza
Account deleted
Written by Dark Blood on 08.09.2010 at 12:55

I'm surprised there's no topic about this here. I know there's a lot of sports fans here, and I want to believe at least some of you like this great and interesting sport.

I can't say I'm a tennis fan, but I like to watch it when I can and I've been following this year's tournament. Or at least the single matches.
Right now there has been a few nice games. Men's single 4th round is over and there are great Spanish players and I believe some of them with a potential to win this year, such as Rafael Nadal which did a great game last night (September 7). Also Spanish players David Ferrer and Fernando Verdasco matched for about 4 hours and a half! Federer looks to be in shape again after winning 5 years in a row and losing last year's finals with Del Potro.
In the females we have the defender of the title Kim Clijsters, who won last night's quarter finals against Stosur, Caroline Wozniacki who beat Sharapova, and of course Venus Williams.

Let's hear if you've been following the tournament and your opinions of the matches and everything else!

IMO VERDASCO did a great job ! He came back from two sets down !
09.09.2010 - 05:34
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Written by Guest on 08.09.2010 at 14:07

Indeed. It was a great match. He's gonna play against Nadal tomorrow and it's going to be a very interesting game. I know I wont miss it

Wozniacki won today. Damn the wind was crazy in that game.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
09.09.2010 - 10:16
Reza
Account deleted
Written by Dark Blood on 09.09.2010 at 05:34

Written by Guest on 08.09.2010 at 14:07

Indeed. It was a great match. He's gonna play against Nadal tomorrow and it's going to be a very interesting game. I know I wont miss it

Wozniacki won today. Damn the wind was crazy in that game.

Yes it'll be very interesting
Zvonareva breaks into first US Open semifinal. you think she can dismiss Wozniacki?
Also Federer won vs Soderling
09.09.2010 - 11:06
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Written by Guest on 09.09.2010 at 10:16

Yes it'll be very interesting
Zvonareva breaks into first US Open semifinal. you think she can dismiss Wozniacki?
Also Federer won vs Soderling

That's gonna be another good match to watch between Wozniacki and Zvonareva, for sure. I haven't seen Zvonareva last game, but I saw the resumes and critics. She's more experienced from what I see, but Caroline reached the finals last year and is 2nd in the high rank, so it's hard to predict who would win. I have confidence in Wozniacki, but let's just hope for a good match and whoever wins I'm sure it will be well deserved.
As for Federer's game, it was really good. And I love how fast he won the last point ahah! I bet he was thinking something like "Let's just get this over with". 2 aces... damn that guy's serves are amazing, even in such windy conditions!
----
14.09.2010 - 13:00
Dark Blood
The Avenger
The tournament is over and Rafael and Kim won their category (as I would expect). The men's final match was very good imo, Novack put up a great fight against Nadal. Though I was expecting to see Federer and Nadal at the finals, this match was still great. The bad weather was the bad thing about it.
Now the women's final was a disappointment for me... I think Zvonareva started to loose her moral too early, and the tears and the racket breaking was really not good, so she gave up. I would prefer to see Wozniacki in the finals (I still don't know how she lost against Zvonareva...). Oh well, better luck next time.
----
17.09.2010 - 12:00
Reza
Account deleted
Written by Dark Blood on 14.09.2010 at 13:00

The tournament is over and Rafael and Kim won their category (as I would expect). The men's final match was very good imo, Novack put up a great fight against Nadal. Though I was expecting to see Federer and Nadal at the finals, this match was still great. The bad weather was the bad thing about it.
Now the women's final was a disappointment for me... I think Zvonareva started to loose her moral too early, and the tears and the racket breaking was really not good, so she gave up. I would prefer to see Wozniacki in the finals (I still don't know how she lost against Zvonareva...). Oh well, better luck next time.

Did you watch the Men's Doubles Final match ? it was great too !
IMO Zvonareva is a good tennis player but it's not enough for winning in the big tournaments. She must control her emotions.
17.09.2010 - 13:39
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Written by Guest on 17.09.2010 at 12:00

Did you watch the Men's Doubles Final match ? it was great too !
IMO Zvonareva is a good tennis player but it's not enough for winning in the big tournaments. She must control her emotions.

I didn't. The schedules were too early for me to watch them, and I think they only broadcast the single matches
----
17.09.2010 - 22:20
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I never found tennis interesting enough to watch...wonder how someone can sit for 4 hours and watching the match...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

17.09.2010 - 23:40
Reza
Account deleted
Written by Ellrohir on 17.09.2010 at 22:20

I never found tennis interesting enough to watch...wonder how someone can sit for 4 hours and watching the match...

It depends. some tennis matches are so interesting especially when you follow the tournaments from beginning.
03.10.2010 - 12:05
Dark Blood
The Avenger
True. But I understand Ellrohir's opinion. Tennis is not an easy sport to watch, but as Reza says, if you watch a tournament and get into it, it is very interesting specially between the best of the world.
----
03.07.2012 - 03:26
The Turbanator

The title needs to change.

"Tennis" will be nice. talk about it in General.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
03.07.2012 - 06:48
The Turbanator

Anyone here likes Tennis? I loveeee tennis. Thought I'd create a general thread for this.

Wimbledon is going on so tonight we'll see some cracking matches, especially David Ferrer vs Del Potro. Youzhny is playing now against Istomin and leading 6-3, 1-0. Will be easy for Youzhny.

Kohlschreiber vs Baker will be a good game, considering Kohlschreiber is one of the best player on grass. Other matches : Tsonga vs Fish, Gasquet vs Mayer, Cilic vs Murray, Ferrer vs Del Potro and the last match of the day is Djokovic vs Troicki.

For the women singles we have a few too but the ones worth watching will be Clijsters vs Kerber and Ivanovic vs Azarenka. Poor old Shvedova is getting beat by Serena Williams. Always wanted Shvedova to win something... purely because of her cuteness
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
06.07.2012 - 08:30
The Turbanator

Semifinal today for Wimbledon! Can't wait.

12 pm UK - Federer vs Djokovic

2pm UK - Murray vs Tsonga.
----
06.07.2012 - 14:53
kesh
Account deleted
Federer vs Djokovic

5-5 Grand Stand games. Federer would of won this on grass a few years ago, but Djokovic i think will be abit too much for him now. Hope im wrong though.
06.07.2012 - 17:36
The Turbanator

Written by Guest on 06.07.2012 at 14:53

Federer vs Djokovic

5-5 Grand Stand games. Federer would of won this on grass a few years ago, but Djokovic i think will be abit too much for him now. Hope im wrong though.

guess you were! haha. Federer did it. This tournament is his to win now. He'll do it.
----
07.07.2012 - 17:00
kesh
Account deleted
Written by The Turbanator on 06.07.2012 at 17:36

guess you were! haha. Federer did it. This tournament is his to win now. He'll do it.

Djokovic didn't seem to wake up till the second set an then it really got going in the third. It is Federer's to win, Murray can beat him, but in a final i'm not sure. Looking forward to this though, apparently final ticket prices are going through the roof. Hope Federer beats that bastard Murray.
07.07.2012 - 17:51
Baz Anderson

I never used to be interested in tennis at all, but I've actually been watching some this year... Apparently Murray is the first British man in 74 years to reach the final... tomorrow will be interesting then!
06.01.2022 - 09:20
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I am not fan of this, but first rocket Novak Djokovic visa are canceled and he will be deported from Australia. He has some wire mystical medical reasons what organizars.
Typical eastern European attitude.
I support that act from Australia, no matter how big N rich you are, rules are same for all.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-59889522
----

apos;'
[image]
17.01.2022 - 19:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
So Novax Djokovic has been deported from Australia and might miss next 2 GS there, even French open since only vaccine applies to all sportmen there now. Cool.
----

apos;'
[image]
18.01.2022 - 22:00
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Written by Bad English on 17.01.2022 at 19:34

Novax Djokovic

Quality pun.
21.01.2022 - 19:59
Joppe
Steelemeister

So Novax Djokovic has been deported from Australia and might miss next 2 GS there, even French open since only vaccine applies to all sportmen there now. Cool.

I agree with his choice not to take it, has he told why he didn't took it?
----
My vision is augmented
17.03.2022 - 18:57
Joppe
Steelemeister
Written by Joppe on 21.01.2022 at 19:59

I agree with his choice not to take it, has he told why he didn't took it?

Nojab Djokovic breaks silence over Covid vaccine refusal

Tennis star Novak Djokovic has said he would rather miss out on future trophies than be forced to get a Covid vaccine.

Speaking exclusively to the BBC, he said he should not be associated with the anti-vax movement, but supported an individual's right to choose.
----
My vision is augmented
17.03.2022 - 19:22
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
He's not doing any justice except to finish his glorious career.
17.03.2022 - 19:50
Joppe
Steelemeister
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 17.03.2022 at 19:22

He's not doing any justice except to finish his glorious career.

News say he can join French open if the rules don't change. He seems a well educated lad, I think he will out-live us all with his way of life.
----
My vision is augmented